Next Expansion Feature Ideas:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Laronk, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Goranothos Augur

EQ has become a mesh of gears and levers...

2. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think the best group gear should be a little bit better than the raid gear of the last expansion. That way even raiders would be gearing up in the first month before raiding starts.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You'll need a lot more than a Wizard Revamp to fix agro. If you're DPS class, you'll just have unwanted agro sometimes. It's just the way things are until the causes are all figured out.
  4. Angahran Augur

Sure, when you spend the several thousand AAs for your merc that pet classes spend on their pets feel free to ask for a better merc tank.
    Barton and Duder like this.
  5. Fuelforfire Lorekeeper

Continue to add to the Bandolier system by another round of increased sets. Or, maybe even add a tab where one would be locked to a trade skill trophy in your primary and whatever else in your secondary slot.

Something like this could be handled in multiple ways like: maybe AA and maxed TS AAs, expansion pack release, Daybreak store purchase or a quest line.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I disagree. That makes doing previous expansion raids totally useless.

Raiders have new augs to obtain and gear up on.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would happily do so, but I am not given that option, could be the same number of AA that a warrior has & I Would get them if it made them better than a pet & as good as a player tank, but they would need to be earned at the same rate as a player which they are not currently.

Hell, make it require all the gear a player tank would use & I can craft it a full set of gear or use rots from group content.

Bring it on.

You're going to need to do better than that snide retort.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

The loot you get from raiding in January through July is not useless at all. Arent you finished gearing your mains by then?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Usually we have some returning players or new apps who need gearing up December/January. We usually continue to hit older raids to gear them up until we have 6 - 9 raids available in the latest expansion. Last year was the exception we had loot coming out of our ears, but I don't expect that to happen in CoV. I know 1 guild on our server only completed all of ToV in November and have been behind for a few years, older gear still being better than group gear has helped them survive, to the extent they could once again beat content in era.

Also if they make the final group tier gear equal to previous expansion raid gear that removes chase loot altogether.
  10. Tevik Augur

I'd like to see a return to the idea of "ancient" spells - different and more powerful than your standard "I got this off a vendor" spell. The original ancients were a straight raid drop, while the GoD-era ancients were a turn-in of a raid drop, but to increase accessibility, have them instead be the reward from a long-ish quest line, with a rank upgrade possible afterward from a raid drop.
  11. Angahran Augur

Maybe because we know the chances of getting anything actually 'new' are slim to none.
    What was the woohoo new feature of this expansion ? A new storage system incompatible with all current storage.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Tegila Augur

how about we add another expansion or 2 to the research craftable spells/tomes? it's kinda silly that level 98 and 100 stuff cant be crafted still.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

A big No. A lot of guilds use the new expansion group armor to beat the last expansion raids. Your suggestion wipes out the value of older raid content the moment a new expansion launches. Even top tier guilds continue doing the previous raids to gear up applicants. This is especially important with flagging and tiered launches as CoV wont have enough raid content to keep top raid guilds busy until 1/4 of the expansion cycle.
    Elyssanda, Skuz and Sancus like this.
  14. Tegila Augur

you dont think evolving spells kinda fill that bill?
  15. Tevik Augur

No, I don't. You buy the spell from a vendor. It increases its power a little bit minimally as you do the regular stuff you'd do in the expansion anyway. There's no quest involved at all. And on top of that, if you have the previous one at rank 6, the new one is a downgrade until you get up to rank 5.
    Svann2 likes this.
  16. Tegila Augur

Um...they increase in power from doing the progression arcs, which may make it worth doing for people that otherwise wouldn't. And so what if the new one is a downgrade until you...oh yeah...do a bunch quests to upgrade it...and then it's better. These are more involved than ancient spells. Rkiii kinda repped ancient spells a very long time ago anyway since ancient runes were raid drops and rkiiis are only available in raids.

It's kinda like the evolving gear from TBL, which I have none of(just the tov ear in progress) at first look, in today's gear, they suck, bit with the work they progress and are worth having, just not to start with.
  17. Tevik Augur

Progression quests are there for their own thing, they aren't what I'm suggesting at all. Every expansion has progression. I'm effectively asking for something similar to an epic quest, but smaller in scale and easier to implement because you don't have to make a different quest for each class.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Ditch collection items.

Ditch different spell ranks, except for one spell line per class and make it a much bigger upgrade per tier and harder to get.

Ditch multiple tiers of group and raid gear.

Reduce the number of new type 7 augs. To like, four or five.

Don't add non lore type 5 augs.

Add hard modes to missions, HAs and raids.

Add a chase item with a significant platinum requirement.
  19. Evye Augur

What about having Guild hall and lobby reset long duration buff timers.
  20. Evye Augur

I think since there is a trial of toughness where no one dies. There should also be a trial of roughness where everyone dies and you still pull off the win.
    Laronk likes this.