Gaze Deeply.... and Keep Gazing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Myrdale, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Myrdale Journeyman

I've noticed the Velium Composite Scale sometimes disappears when you click it, and sometimes it doesn't. I seem to remember the lamps from TBL were the same. Why does clicking consume some and not others?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

It grants the highest rank you are eligible for, if you are already at it, it does nothing and you can delete it.
  3. Myrdale Journeyman

Correct. The question is why sometimes the click eats it, and sometimes it doesn't
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

The ones that do nothing don't consume the clicker itself, so I always counsel folks to hang onto them until they are done with rank 6, then delete the extra crap. The ones that upgrade your progressive will be consumed.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

except.. I have earned 2, clicked first one, it took me to Rk 3, but did not disappear, clicked second, did nothing, did not disappear.. so 2 earned, 2 still in bag.
  6. Szilent Augur

The clicker did not change your eligibility. You came into CoV with the third rank already unlocked due to your fully advanced Dissident. When you earn your fourth rank (presuming you do so before earning your fifth), then that clicker will disappear. If you don't click before getting 5th? then only one of them will get to change your Composite, and so you'll have another leftover.
    Moege and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Moege Augur

Same with TBM and TBL.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have Dissident 6. I have done nothing in CoV except for the 4 hero missions. I received the stone and clicked it. It unlocked my composite rank 4. It is still in my bag. So no, that clicker does not disappear.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Doesn't disappear. When you click it and it does something, it poofs and is recreated (it disappears from the slot you have it in and then moves to the highest open slot, no recast timer because its a new item and the timer isn't a shared ID. If you click it and it does nothing (already at highest rank you are eligible for), it just gets a recast timer.

Always possible for it to error out, theoretically, but not heard of that.