CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Cadman Elder

Most of the damage in this is Wild Rampage for 65k+ a hit... Avoid that and the healing needed reduces dramatically
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Kind of hard to avoid as a meleer if the tank has both the crusader and the add on them. I know that in order for me to be in range of the add it puts me in range of the wild rampage as well.
    Cadman likes this.
  3. Cadman Elder

Indeed, but that's a small portion of the time... no need to be receiving mass damage all the time
    Sissruukk likes this.
  4. Tevik Augur

Clockwise for ST, Counter-clockwise for Skyshrine!
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why counter-clockwise in SS? If you go clockwise it is longer before you see the cube. I've done ST either way doesn't seem to make any difference.
  6. Tevik Augur

Are you suggesting I need a reason to do weird stuff?
  7. Mazame Augur

Ok so I ran this with a group of people last night. Group make up was not the normal.

Sk + box zerker
    Sk + box zerker
    Necro
    Bst

Ok so I am reading that this mission is to hard due to the ae's.
    For healing we had 2 SK epic and bst slow heal spell and we were able to beat it.

This mission is about dps and playing smart. The longer the dragon are a live the more ae you will have to deal with but a healer should be able to heal. After all if a group can do it with out a healer then having a healer would be an advantage.

I will say this is not a sit back and take your time mission. You need to burn and burn hard. keep moving. and watch out for the Cube. I not sure how any one get hit by a HUGE PURPLE CUBE. but if your watching for it you can see it coming a mile away and simply move.

If your group is lighter on the DPS then save your burns for the 3rd dragon.

As for those that thing the Ramp is the problem again I would have to disagree. Having 2 zeker , 2 Sk and a bst all in melee range with no healer we didn't die to the Ramp. Are you making sure your standing at max melee range?
  8. Petalonyx Augur

Too hard, yet stack SK and DPS and dont need a healer. Having healed this mission, that is quite the feat!
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So the add and the crusader have different ramp range? That sounds odd. I just move to the side opposite. Doesn't seem to be a problem.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

I for one hope this doesn't get easier. It's not "hard" it's mechanic heavy. Follow the mechanics and you win every time.
  11. Szilent Augur

Lich Sting is a helluva drug
    Koryu likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

What do you mean?
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You stated you get ramp damage when you have an add and a crusader. I don't at max melee range. So I am trying to understand how you are getting ramp'd. The only logical conclusion is that, from your post, the add has a larger ramp damage range than the crusader. To avoid add ramp damage, I move to the opposite side of the named so the add is further away.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

I soloed both Griklor and Zlandicar missions on my Paladin. Does that count?
  15. Maedhros High King

Love to see the video of you soloing Zlandi cause thats a big hell no ya didnt from me dawg.
    Even if Glyph of Dragon scales allowed you to make this happen, that only further proves my point. Missions should not be boxable in expansion and certainly not soloable.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Have you tried? Pre-buff with your Blessing/Steel/Preservation/Stance.
    Two-hander with your burns (HF, VR, ToK, IJ, Destruction Glyph) and mash Vanquish / Doctrines as available, along with your normal mash spells/AAs/skills. Roll burn discs as they fade, from HF to PF, BB, RA.
    Drop Armor of the Inquisitor and roll to the Group version if you're still going.
    Spire, Epic, Blood Drinker's Coating, Spider's Bite, etc etc.

Griklor took me longer due to the mechanics.

Edit:
    Wait, you're a Stamina paladin, yeah you may have trouble doing it. Swap your augs to Dex and join the dream team.
    Hobitses likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

Thanks for the tips bud.
    Fenthen and Robnie like this.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't take damage from the add. I take damage from the Crusader, even when trying to stay at max melee range, or being on the other side of the Crusader. It usually comes in the form of getting smacked 3x times for 50k+ damage a hit from the Crusader. If I move into its rear arc again, I don't get hit. It only happens when I have moved up to engage the add.
  19. Maedhros High King

Oh I remember now, you're the guy that was trying to flex about tanking Griklor, the easiest raid in 10 years, with your 2hander out and getting a top 5 or something on an undead mob on the same parse.
    Yes I am aware that using dex augs in the group game is awesome, but in the raid game, your dex renders you a far weaker tank since none of that dex does a thing defensively in raids. Sure on easy raids like there have been for the last 2 expansions you can get away with it, but you're still playing a tank class as a glass canon on raids with dex augs. Thats fine, one of my warriors does the same thing and tops the parse when no necros are around, but you are a dps class in my eyes at that point(not a tank), and since most of these raids the mobs are not undead, so in that case as a paladin you're a dps class in a tank group with no adps in my book.

My dps is just fine with my stamina augs by the way. These are every time I've done the Zlandi group mission.
    /GU Zlandicar in 76s, 134.1m @1764189 | Total 134.1m@1,764.2k (1,764.2k in 76s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 65s, 137.8m @2119384 | Total 137.8m@2,119.4k (2,119.4k in 65s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 86s, 122.9m @1429322 | Total 122.9m@1,429.3k (1,429.3k in 86s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 76s, 70902k @932916 | Total 70902k@932.9k (932.9k in 76s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 43s, 61771k @1436544 | Total 61771k@1,436.5k (1,436.5k in 43s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 60s, 126.1m @2101778 | Total 126.1m@2,101.8k (2,101.8k in 60s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 83s, 120.2m @1448376 | Total 120.2m@1,448.4k (1,448.4k in 83s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 109s, 116.7m @1070461 | Total 116.7m@1,070.5k (1,070.5k in 109s)
    /GU Zlandicar in 110s, 104.4m @949524 | Total 104.4m@949.5k (949.5k in 110s)

And the raid last night.
    /GU Combined: Zlandicar in 170s, 212.6m @1250690 | Total 212.6m@1,250.7k (1,250.7k in 170s)
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Ohh I get what you're saying. You still get ramp at max melee? Hmm, something doesn't sound right. Are you certain you are in the one-pixel-wide, absolute max melee range?