Dragon's Hoard

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Grove, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Grove Augur

I am suspecting that on two or more characters that things I put in Dragon's Hoard have completely disappeared. The problem is, I do not remember what I placed, or in fact that I did place. I just think I did. And am feeling a sense of loss. I do have a knowledge of a set of items that appear to be missing. Is anyone else having this concern?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Nope, but I also won't use the feature unless it gets much, much larger. The benefits are just not there for me at this time.
  3. Flowun New Member

I have about 50 items for my mule all missing there is one stone of tranquility left
  4. Flowun New Member

If you value anything don’t put it in here or use this function IMO
    Aanuvane likes this.
  5. klanderso Developer

So here's what's happening generally when a player's Dragon's Hoard is loaded:
    1. You open your Dragon's Hoard window and it sends a message to the server, asking for a list of the items you have in your hoard
    2. The server asks the database for the items in your hoard
    3. The database loads those items and sends them to the server
    4. The server receives that data and sends it down to your window
    In these cases, it looks like the server is still waiting for a response from the database and an item is deposited before getting that response (somewhere after step 1 and before step 4). When this happens, the server goes, "hang on, we got data from the player, we're not waiting on the database anymore!" and ignores the response from the database. This results in the items that were previously in your hoard being lost.

The only reason this is an issue is because we don't see much lag on internal environments. However, we've narrowed down the cause and have a fix slated for the next update. If you contact our customer support team (https://help.daybreakgames.com/) they'll be able to re-add your missing items. When implementing the system, I made sure to have extremely verbose logging. And no, I didn't expect an issue like this to occur, but it's far better to be prepared with all the information, just in case.

In the meantime, the best way to avoid this is to wait for your Dragon's Hoard items to load, count to five, and then you can do whatever you'd like with it.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm not sure that this is the sole cause of this issue. I remember putting some items into my Dragon's Hoard just to get them out of my bank, and never returned to it after that one time until recently when I went to look because the claims of things disappearing. This makes me think that items being added "too soon" isn't the root cause.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

I just used mine for old ac augs. Dont ask me why I keep them. So if they go missing I am really not going to be so broke up. I do enjoy the 100 more spaces I got in my bank though because of it.
    Barton likes this.