A Guide Beyond the Rift replay timer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fanra, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Some buddies asked me to get the group mission, A Guide Beyond the Rift, given by Lady Lendiniara in Ethernere Tainted West Karana.

So I joined their group, got the mission for them. Then I left the group task but remained in their group.

They finished the mission, and even though I was not in the group task anymore, I got a replay timer. So, no achievement for me but I got a timer.

Basically, if you fail or drop out of the mission, you get a replay timer so you can't try again for six hours.

I do not feel that is working as intended. If you want it that way for some obscure reason, it's not a big problem. Bertoxx server, December 21, 2020 6:45pm EST.

But I report bugs, it is up to you to decide if they are worth your time to fix.

Thank you.
  2. Riou EQResource

Believe this was an intentional change to address the drop task/expedition open chest like stuff and bypass the lockouts
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Could be. I believe the optimal way they went about it was to give you a lockout at the final step before the chest appeared. However, this one I dropped out right at the start and when they finished I got a lockout.

This isn't a big deal. Just reporting what I saw. If they can't fix it due to the old code, so be it.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Working as intended, it was changed so that anyone that is or was a member of a raid or group gets lockout when that particular instance gets completed. There was a whole explanation but they do intend that everyone can only "participate" in each event once, which means that if you request then drop it still counts you as participating. I think along the lines of they don't want people being able to farm instances by using powerful characters to complete so they can then switch the whole group of people out to drop and repeat getting the chest rewards. The ones that "participate" (including ones added later to loot) should only be able to run an event once per lockout. People had found another way to bypass lockouts to farm event rewards or some such so it was changed to this.
    Elyssanda, Fenthen and GNOME_POWER like this.