Valhallah's In-Game Holiday Giveaway and Forum Contest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zlauk, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Zlauk New Member

Hail, Norrath!

On behalf of everyone in Valhallah on the Firiona Vie server, I would like to announce the guild's fourth annual holiday giveaway! Hundreds of TOV raid items, spells, and augments will be given away through various events that all have their own little twist, including hide-and-seek, a scavenger hunt, /random rolls, and some EQ-related trivia!

This will take place on the Firiona Vie server in the Plane of Knowledge on Friday, December 18 at 8PM Eastern (click HERE for a generated list of time zone conversions!). Please keep in mind that you're more than welcome to attend even if you don't play on the Firiona Vie server! All of the items are tradeable, so they can easily be converted into Krono which can then be taken with you to your home server(s)!

In addition to the in-game events, we're also taking this a step further by creating some forum-based contests. I'm sure I can speak for the majority when I say that "2020" has taken its toll on everyone in some form or fashion. It has no doubt been a very long, challenging, and difficult year for lots of people, and while we'd still be doing our giveaway regardless, we wanted to make it a little extra special by spreading as much joy and cheer as possible!

What we're asking to see is a display of your holiday creativity! Rumor has it that Valhallahclaus has upwards of 40 Kronos (and possibly even more if enough partake!) to divide amongst the best submissions in several categories listed below. Keep in mind these are the categories that readily popped into our heads and will serve as a great place to start. If there's something that you really want to share or design in the spirit of spreading holiday cheer to this forum's audience, please do so as long as it abides by the forum guidelines!

1. Best holiday-themed guild plot, house, guild hall, etc.

2. If you're more into creative writing, we're also looking to pick the best holiday-themed poems, stories, or songs that you create and share with the community. While they don't have to be EQ-themed, it obviously holds more "weight" if they are (given the audience!).

3. Ugly sweater contest for your character! We know there's not a huge variety of cosmetic options in-game for something like this, so you're more than welcome to get as creative as you like! Use any kind of in-game items and/or augment your screenshot through creative MS Paint and/or Photoshop modifications to create the best "Ugly EQ Christmas Sweater" portrait you can!

4. Holiday-themed pets! Take your best friends and deck them out in holiday-themed apparel and/or accessories to create the most purrrrrrfect (!) holiday-themed pet picture!

We ask that you post your submissions as replies to this thread, and of course, please make sure they follow all applicable forum guidelines! The guild will get together to judge the submissions so that winners are chosen and announced for the weekend of Christmas (sometime between December 26-27, pending our availability due to holiday festivities).

If there are any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask! You can post in this thread, or take a shot at contacting the Valhallah leadership at firiona.Mallakhi (mallakhi#6639), firiona.Slivern (slivern#3448), firiona.Ssdar (ssdar#2314), firiona.Reisil (reisil#3210), firiona.Bleve (bleve#5327), and/or firiona.Amanyta (scaethach#1345). Their respective Discord tags are also available in parentheses.

Thank you kindly for reading, and we hope to see as many submissions as possible to create as many smiles, laughs, and holiday cheer as possible! Take care, and all of the best to you and yours from Valhallah this holiday season!
  2. Zynt Augur

You folks are great for doing this. I'm actually looking forward to Friday and, in general, my cheer has been aggro lately. I'll also say this, when I came back after a 1.5 year break Bleve was a real help in offering me several ways to get my EM ear updated that I hadn't thought of yet.
  3. Zlauk New Member

Bumping this quick just to include some additional information. It seems I missed the edit window on the original post!

If you are attending the live event in Plane of Knowledge, please don't forget that Firiona Vie is "the roleplay server" and therefore does not provide brand new characters with a common tongue language. Therefore, we ask that you please make sure the character you're using is fluent in the Elvish language.

Plain, regular Elvish is what all of the event coordinators will be speaking, so in order to interact with us and understand the details of each contest, we ask that you break out your trusty Rosetta Stone and learn the language in order to ensure you're able to participate! You can accomplish this by either creating a Half Elf, Wood Elf, or High Elf whom will all have maximum ranks of Elvish available innately, using your skill points to train the Elvish language to its maximum rank manually, or by forcing your merc to listen to you skill-up the language the old fashioned way!

Thanks for understanding! :)
    Zynt likes this.
  4. Amelnara Apprentice

5. Nolrog Augur

Look forward to seeing some of the entries. Some people are incredibly clever and creative (unfortunately, I am not one of them.)
  6. Sindace Elder

Looking forward to this again, thanks Valhallah!

Awesome job Amelnara!
  7. Amelnara Apprentice

That's me - the poet laureate of the lavatory walls. ;) Thank you, Sindace, and have a great holiday season!
  8. Tanz New Member

Very nice Amelnara! <3
  9. Amelnara Apprentice

Thank you, Tanz, and happy holidays! :)
    Tanz likes this.
  10. divirgmar Lorekeeper

I am now a member of a raiding guild and my cheeks are stuffed with shiney stuff and clickies. I will be there but I wont be participating because I don't need to. I think its great you guys do this. I won a nice gift from you guys 2 years ago during this time and that was very nice.*grins broadly at the memory of it*

I can teach elvish fairly quickly if anyone needs it (but I may throw in some other stuff as a goof when you're not looking)

Manouk Estanatlehi
    Zlauk and Tanz like this.
  11. Trybul New Member

A rendition of an old classic

Twas the night before the new expansion, and all the through house
    nothing was working, not even my mouse
    The wet socks were hung by the chimney, who cares
    In hopes that Santug Claugg soon would be there
    The gnomes were nestled all snug in their beds
    While nightmares of Trolls danced in their heads
    And the necro in her robes and I in my +20dex hat
    Had just settled in for a long winters patch
    When out on the PoK there arose such a clatter
    I got my glasses to see what was the matter
    Away to the arena stone I flew like a flash
    Grabbed a beer and put on my sash
    The moon on the freshly polished stones
    Gave a lustre to new objects that I could behold
    And what to my wondering eyes did appear
    An oddly shaped man mounted on a bear
    With a little drunk driver so lively and quick
    I wasn't sure this was saint nick.
    So up to the library top they flew
    With a sleigh full of krono and some gear too
    And then from a tinkerer they said to look at the roof
    the prancing was seen from every centaur hoof
    As I turned my head to look around, down came Santug floating down
    He was dressed all in fur from his head to his boots
    And was covered in goblin blood, ashes and eyes of a newt
    A bundle of Tradeskills he had flung on his back
    And he wanted to be a peddler hoping for some plat
    His eyes-----how they gleamed his wares were varied
    He looked in his bag but to avail, NO CHERRIES
    The stump of a chewed cigar he held tight in his teeth
    And he yelled to the vendors "Y'all have any wreaths"?
    He had an odd face and fat troll-like belly
    That was reminiscent of a god serving Pally
    But with a wink of his good eye and a nod of his head
    I knew that, for now safety was at hand
    He spoke not a word, but went straight to work
    and sold all his wares to some vendor jerk
    And putting his finger inside his nose
    And giving a nudge up the elevator he rose
    He sprang to his sleigh with his bear as his mount
    And said Merry Christmas, I hope this one counts
    Zynt, Ssdar and Slivern like this.
  12. Daxxi New Member

12 Days of Frostfell, By Daxxi Fairie Enchantress Extorindiare

On the First Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, A Cockatrice in a Pear Tree.

On the Second Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Two Elvish Doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.
    On the Third Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Three Gnomish Clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Fourth Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Four Squawking Aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Fith Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Five Golden Efreeti Lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Sixth Day day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Six Dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Seventh Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Seven Ice Goblins a swimming, six dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Eighth Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Eight Necromancers Animating, seven ice goblins a swimming, six dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Ninth Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Nine Dark Elves Dancing, eight necromancers animating, seven ice goblins a swimming, six dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Tenth Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Ten Lords a Raiding, nine dark elves dancing, eight necromancers animating, seven ice goblins a swimming, six dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Eleventh Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Eleven Bards a Singing, ten lords a raiding, nine dark elves dancing, eight necromancers animating, seven ice goblins a swimming, six dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.

On the Twelfth Day of Frostfell my true love gave to me, Twelve Ninja's Looting, eleven bards a singing, ten lords a raiding, nine dark elves dancing, eight necromancers animating, seven ice goblins a swimming, six dragons a laying, five golden efreeti lamps, four squawking aviaks, three gnomish clockworks, two elvish doves and a cockatrice in a pear tree.
    Slivern, Zynt and Ssdar like this.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

16. Cliff New Member

Naggy is red
    Vox feels blue
    'cause dragons don't scare me
    and neither do you

You see Danger is no Stranger to a Ranger

Trolls are so ugly
    they're actually cute
    Ogres are huge
    big hulking brutes

But Danger is no Stranger to a Ranger

Dark Elves are scary
    as humanoids go
    But I think their menace
    is mostly for show

And Danger is no Stranger to a Ranger

Gnomes are so tiny
    what harm could they do?
    Bite at your ankles?
    I haven't a clue.

Yeah Danger is no Stranger to a Ranger

Dwarves also are tiny
    but they're rather stout
    Don't mess with me shorty
    or I'll knock you out

Danger is no Stranger to a Ranger

I could ramble on
    but my wit's nearly spent
    And I certainly don't mean
    to misrepresent

But Danger is no Stranger to an Airborne Ranger
    Zynt and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Tegila Augur

Santa kitty sleeping as a dogpillow IMG_20201127_211850814~2.jpg
  18. Tegila Augur

More kitties in Xmas wear...have a lot more but this should be enough lol
    IMG_20191217_135710205~2.jpg
    IMG_20191211_145615975~2.jpg
    IMG_20191130_185357798~3.jpg
    Slivern likes this.
  19. Tegila Augur

They all have Xmas PJs and Christmas dishes, some like the clothes better than others but they all like food
    IMG_20191217_151459505~2.jpg IMG_20191217_111732285~2_kindlephoto-455443009.jpg
    Tanz likes this.
  20. Tegila Augur

Vah Shir children were nestled all snug in their beds IMG_20201220_202117238~4.jpg