Fixed Internally The Overseer Reborn

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Iribabh, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Iribabh Augur

I've killed The Overseer Reborn in new Sleeper's Tomb twice now and it has not counted forwards my hunter's ach in either case.

[Wed Dec 09 09:36:23 2020] You have slain The Overseer Reborn!
    [Thu Dec 10 08:20:03 2020] The Overseer Reborn has been slain by Beetbox!

Checkmark is still missing for this named in all 3 of my characters hunter window. Before anyone suggests it, I've closed that xpac's window gone into another and moved back. I also logged out entirely for the night and it is still missing. I believe there's just an issue with it's flag.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I think The Overseer Reborn gives Hunter for The Captain of the Guard instead.

Our group killed The Captain of the Guard several times and did not get a Hunter update, however I believe that there are different versions of The Captain of the Guard, since the ones we killed only dropped spells and were level 115. So, I guess we didn't kill the real The Captain of the Guard.

But we didn't get Hunter for The Captain of the Guard. But after we killed The Overseer Reborn, I checked Hunter and noticed it was checked for The Captain of the Guard.

But someone at Darkpaw can check this easily by just creating a GM toon and spawning the names and killing them. They have tools to do that.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

can verify that we got the Captain of the Guard checkmark from killing Overseer Reborn.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Maybe that's where we got the Captain checkmark. We did also get the Overseer Reborn, but not sure when that happened as I wasn't watching the achievement progress as we killed nameds.
  5. Zaray Augur

Have killed the Overseer Reborn 3x, no checkmark. Have checkmark for the Captain of the Guard, from killing that mob. While killing OR, he emotes "The Overseer Reborn returns to their post, as if nothing happened." several times while engaging.
  6. Iribabh Augur

I figured this out. Confirmed on Cazic 11/16 @ ~11:20EST

Ulessa the Insane is flagged as a rare when you con, however does not have an entry in the hunter's achievements. Killing Ulessa the Insane grants The Overseer Reborn credit.

[Wed Dec 16 11:18:53 2020] Ulessa the Insane - a rare creature - scowls at you, ready to attack -- what would you like your tombstone to say? (Lvl: 119)

I suspect that The Captain of the Guard should've never been flagged and also should not be dropping spell runes. I believe The Captain of the Guard is intended to be the PH for The Master of the Guard who in turn spawns the true named The Overseer Reborn.

Believe the "easy" fix here if I'm right is remove the rare flag from Captain, and flip the Captain entry in hunter ach's to The Overseer and flip Overseer's name to Ulessa and we're golden!
    adetia likes this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

not sure - he was dropping real loot on beta (i'm relatively certain, including an augment that would likely be in high demand).
  8. Iribabh Augur

Based on what the achievements are doing, and in what Pip said in another post:
    I believe that it wasn't intended for that to go live. Early in Beta, most of the trigger mobs weren't linked to the right named and most the named didn't exist yet. I remember tracking for a few weeks where the triggers for Milas and Vyskudar and Ulessa were all spawning Zeixshi`kar only.
  9. Frogie New Member

Have killed him 10+ times in the past 24 hours, still not updating.
  10. Iribabh Augur

Frogie see my post above on what gives credit if you want to finish hunter. Right now if you want Overseer Reborn credit you have to kill Ulessa the Insane.
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anybody?