Fixed Raid Tool Client Crashing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Xyphen, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Xyphen Maximum Augur

The raid leader and corresponding raid member client crash when moving them in/out of groups. There's no error message, the client just freezes and needs to be closed with CTRL+ALT+DEL.

I believe it usually happens after moving someone from no group -> group, and most frequently when I'm moving one or more people in succession. This has happened a few times now over the past 2 weeks. There are no crash/error logs created.
    Tropi, adetia and Griggson like this.
  2. Griggson Journeyman

I had issues with raid tool yesterday. Adding people to raid kept saying the raid had been closed by the raid leader.. it had not.. only way to then raid invite was kick my group from the raid and re open the raid and reinvite again
  3. niente Developer

The next time this happens, make a dmp of your eqgame.exe file:
    1. Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)
    2. Find eqgame.exe
    3. Right click > Create dump file
    [IMG]
    4. This will make a file called eqgame.DMP in a temp directory (a popup will tell you where it is).
    5. Send me a PM and I'll let you know how to send the DMP to us.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Sent you a PM. The DMP file is 1.5 gigs though...
  5. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

6. niente Developer

If anyone encounters this crash again, please send me a DMP.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

havent had one of these in awhile, but we just had one again!
    was hoping it had been fixed since it hasnt happened in so long!
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

at least 2 of us captured .dmp, pending instructions on how to send :)
  9. Febb Augur

10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

11. klanderso Developer

I'm looking into this bug now. When this happens, what else is going on? Are you sitting in a regular zone or have you already zoned into the raid? Are you experiencing any kind of lag/latency? Are raid members logging on/off at the same time?
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I've noticed it very much hang (30 seconds or so) the past few days but I have not had it crash on me.
  13. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

To us, -- (also if you aren't aware, I sent in 2 .dmp files via niente's link; one from the raid leader one from a member).

Generally we are in the process of forming up (so people zoning, and joining possibly, but not leaving).
    There is almost always someone who is ungrouped at the time, but when this happens to us its always at the start of the night, never once we are "underway" so to speak, even though we regularly swap a half dozen people in between each event on a regular basis. Some of the raid may be in guild hall or zoning over to the raid, some may be in the raid instance, etc.

Also, we have anecdotally noted that if you have people in an EXISTING group before joining the raid it has a much higher chance of causing this particular raid crash. As a result I tend to do mass invites via the guild management tool and ask everyone to be ungrouped before accepting - but if you need more .dmp files I am reasonably sure we could cause it to happen.

Hope thats helpful.

These are older examples now, not from the night of the .dmps I sent, but here's some notes I made:

[IMG]

In this instance, the crash happened (coincidence or not, I dont know) when I was attempting to move Fouey (you can see he is highlighted), into Group 3. People who crashed: Adetia, Pwenk, Kasya, Oliiver, Kabkortiz, Medicine (amongst others).

[IMG]
    In this one, I was trying to move Masonight into Group 5. My notes indicate at the time I did that, the following people crashed: Adetia, (I always crash as the raid leader), Oliiver, Kasya, Medicine. Its interesting to note that these 4 people ALWAYS crash when the raid crash happens.

The crashes are especially annoying because they don't really "crash crash" it just locks up completely and you have to end task.

[IMG]

In this one, I was trying to put Amazing into group 8. Adetia, Kasya, Bowow, Pryssylus, Oliiver (amongst others) crashed.

[IMG]
    In this one, I was trying to move Kijari into Group 1. I don't have a list of who crashed as this was from a very long time ago.

[IMG]
    In this one, I was moving Detrolyn into Group 4. People who crashed:
    Adetia, Kasya, Bowow, Darkwulf, Medicine, Kabkortiz, Oliiver (amongst others)

I'm happy to get whatever information you need together to try to help solve this one, have sadly been dealing with it off and on (some patch cycles seem way worse then others) for a very long time. Lately we've had 2 in recent weeks, whereas it had been a few months since the previous occurence.
    Mithra and klanderso like this.
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

interestingly i did note that in every screenshot above, there is a single ungrouped dead person displaying in yellow - which strikes me as odd, but perhaps that just means they had a corpse somewhere in the zone where i am(?) despite the fact we havent done anything yet. i know yellow normally means dead, so maybe just uncleaned up corpses. don't know if thats purely coincidence or not!
    klanderso likes this.