Should they bump up the kill count on merc quests?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Fian Augur

One of the WW partisan quests have you kill 20 uncommon mobs, so when clearing out the common ones, it is more like 100 mobs you have to kill. That got me thinking. Normally mercenary quests have you kill around 10 mobs, but what if they bumped the kill count to say 50 mobs? Partisan quests should probably remain the same, but we are going to be killing random mobs for quite some time to earn our AA, so why not tie them to quests at the same time?
  2. Windance Augur

If they bump up the kill quests they need to bump up the rewards. A one time 15 AA achievement bonus isn't much of a reward these days.
  3. AZerker New Member

Kill 5 or 6 is so lame. No wonder people are already done with the expansion.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember thinking that the "master hunter's challenge" quest in shard's landing(RoF) was a bit too "grindy" for my taste. :oops:
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I agree. The dervishes in ToV GD was frustrating. It's like camping named for hours. I would have much rather there be too few dervishes and I have to kill mobs around them for XP while I wait for respawn, or just have to kill 30 or 40 mobs. 8 mobs that randomly spawn off sparse PHs mixed in with a bunch of non-PH is frustrating. Frost is another mob that was frustrating for a lot of people, but at least that was a partisan task so the complain isn't quite as applicable.

I think you missed the point. The point is that with PHs you are already killing that many mobs. OP is saying to increase the number of mobs you need to kill, but make them all static mobs, no PHs to camp. The number of mobs you have to kill would be statistically the same.
  6. Fian Augur

Not exactly what I am saying. WW Partisan quest was effectively kill 100 mobs to get the 20 you need. Whether they kept it the same, or listed the count as 100 would be the same to me. I wouldn't be a fan of truly rare spawns. GD sprite quest was pretty awful when sprites were in caves, now it isn't that bad.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The merc quests are fine as they are they are usually mobs you don't have to kill for other quests. WW is kedge, brothasaur and borrowers. Of which there aren't many of any of them. Partisan on the other hand are more involved and give better rewards for doing them
  8. Yendar Augur

Honestly I always though the merc tasks should be something you worked on the entire expansion.. not just went out and did in 15 minutes. I wouldn’t mind seeing #’s in the high100’s maybe even 1000.. with better rewards for completion.
  9. Yendar Augur

My issue w this exansion is the Partisan tasks. They make you run to WW, EW, ToV, & all over.. just to do a turn in or kill 5 mobs for the quests from another zone.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Why is it always bought up after you have already beaten the expansion, up until then its all hush hush , heh heh.;)
  11. Febb Augur

I know. They should just make you do everything at one spot, that way you don't have to do anything. Just give us all the achievements so we can log off and do something else.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think merc quests are there just to give you a taste of the zones. Show you around a bit. Kind of like noob quests.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

No worry once we are all done with quests, hunter, type 5 for all our alts and be sick of the expansion they will add an evo that require you to kill 20k more =P
    Yendar likes this.
  14. Valdest Journeyman

I thought these kill quests where for you to explore the zone. I didn't think they should carry much weight. Parisian Quests I thought where to move forward the story of the expansion... but that was my impression after only being back a year.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is nothing new, partisans have always been like that, there is a lot more moving around and going to other zones, and not necessarliy killing mobs. One of the TBL quests was to visit some older expansions zones, one was just running round and giving items to different NPCs. There is usually a story to why you are doing certain things.

Mercenery quests are just kill X amount of mobs, the last 3 or 4 expansion this type of quest does not give any exp but they do give achievment exp for completing a set. I believe it is the same this time round. Sometimes mobs have PHs you need to kill, sometimes not. Mercenery quests should not involve changing zones and should not take longer than partisan quests.

Just imagine if you had to kill 100 or even 1000 dervs in ToV for the GD mercenery quest. Be careful what you wish for!
  16. Yendar Augur

I already said I’d prefer if you had to kill 100 or 1000 dervs in ToV.. it makes more sense to have the quests take a long time to complete.. instead of done progression on 4 diff toons already and almost finished with a couple others.
  17. Yendar Augur

So wanting most of the task in the zone the task is in means I want to just log on and get the achievements? You realize I already advocated on this thread for merc quests to be bumped up to the 100’s or even 1000 so we have the entire year to work towards them (with better rewards). Does that sound like log on, get achievements and log off? I’m not complaining about Dragon Necropolis which is FAR more difficult than SS or ST.. & I’ve done the progression there on 4 sep occasions. I died a lot. I’m not complaining about the missions, where we are trying to learn mechanics, proper group make ups, etc.

I don’t have a problem with challenging content. I do have a problem with content that is just time wasted. Getting a partisan in SS, should not tell you to go do a turn in ToV, then do a turn in DN.. if it’s once in a while it’s okay.. but it’s basically 4-6 partisans for SS & ST.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is no time limit on them, do the part in the zone you are exping or doing other quests and do the next part in another zones the next time you are there. Partisans aren't designed to be done quickly.
  19. Yendar Augur

I understand this an am doing them all. I’d prefer the tasks were much harder and didn’t require nonsense. I don’t care if they take months to complete..saying run to ToV makes it take about 15 minutes longer. That’s not doing what you are saying they are intending. If they want the partisans to take longer.. I don’t think the idea should be to add “busy time” to the task. How about actually adding some content to the tasks to complete them if they want them to take us longer.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I can usually knock out a zone of quests in a night, 2 usually is the max. It has been this way for a long time, but as the expansions get less and less zones the time to complete the expansion comes down. There also seems to be less quests this expansion so they don't take as long. Maybe they should have put more time into the quest side of the game than into using the raid mechanics in the missions.

I never thought i'd say this but I'm really starting to miss HAs. I love story led HAs not just the kill this or that for no real reason.

I understand what your saying about making quests last longer and I feel it shouldn't necessarily be from all zones but maybe have just one each expansion like the Rallos Earring set of quests, doesn't need to have the TS part in it, just something that makes us play in the expansion longer. Personally I have a dislike for hunter as I don't see much point in killing a named where the loot will rot. :rolleyes: