CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Derka Power Ranger

Only have had time to attempt it twice last week but I believe in the 100-60% Aaryonar has two dots, 179k and a 136k. Definitely helps to be as quick as possible.
  2. ArtremasEQ Augur

Always have a dragon on Agro, yes. I was specifically responding to the point about kill order not being relevant, as it isn't.
    Can even totally ignore the 2-3 adds, drag them around and just kill the 4 dragons / open chest if desired.
  3. ArtremasEQ Augur

This issue is left the dragons un-engaged for too long. Dosn't relate to the add per-se.
  4. ArtremasEQ Augur

I think people expecting to be able to defeat all content in prev expansion gear, or with less than full grp of people is misplaced.

There should be content for all levels. I do not agree that '4 focused players and 2 mercs' should be able to do all hero Missions as some sort of right. HERO missions can be for real groups. There is plenty of content for the grps+mercs.

We shouldn't be dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator.

The expansion is a week old, I think it is totaly fair game that they (devs) expect people to gear up to be able to defeat all of it at the group level. There are PLENTY of mobs out there to gear up from.

Game design expects people to get T1 gear, to be able to do T2 mobs. I think it is reasonable for them to expect T2 gear to do Hero Missions at the Group level.

Note: This post has nothing to do with "Raid gear": Some raiders will (and have) finish the expansion content in a few days, (Merc/Partisan/Hero/Hunter )
    Yes, Raid geared people finish it quickly, that is life, and the benefit of Raid gear. It is NOT the benchmark by which things should be measured. As a rule high end raiders are not only raid geared, but their characters have pretty much everything possible done on them. All evolving, all augs, etc etc.
    But nor should it be so dumbed down to be trivial. ToV was WAY too easy, even in only grp gear. (Yes, I have toons that did it in only grp gear)
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

For CS, we lost our cleric. The group said it was a lot of healing so we replaced my ENC with a SHM and I switched over to my cleric. Otherwise the group makeup was the same, 2 SK, 2 Mages, 1 CLR and 1 SHM.

I'm not sure why but we fought 2 dragons at once. I think this has something to do with the dragons powering up each time you kill one. I was standing on the section divider and each SK tanked one dragon on either side. My group heals hit everyone. I just kept group HoT on everyone and mostly casted group heals. The SHM and CLR were each assigned a tank. The first 2 dragons were really a non-issue, but I'm not sure it is the best choice for every group.

These 2 were
    Grendish the Crusader who used Hex of the shrine... https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52692&source=Live
    Avg hits (definitely SK defensives active): bike 19k, bash 2k, kick 2k, DoT 70k
    and
    Jortreva the Crusader who used Decomposing flesh https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52694&source=Live
    Avg hits claw 21k, kick 3k, bash 2.5k, DD 42k, DoT 81k

Here the healing got harder but was very manageable. Since we brought 2 tanks, they just rotated for defensive timers. A single healer and a smaller tank would struggle a lot, but since this event is very AE heavy, bringing a ENC for spell guards really would tone it down a lot, or a druid/pally for some extra group heals, or hybrids with their new target of target heals would work good too. The only issue on healing was when I was recasting a Group HoT or a group heal and the tank needed a targeted patch.

We went counter clockwise...
    Susarrak the crusader used Dismal Fury https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52690&source=Live
    and Hex of the Shrine (See above)
    Avg hit 18.5k (26.5k on mage swarms), kick 2k, bash 5k, DD 168k, DoT 86k

Then we killed Charayan the Crusader
    Decree of the crusader https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52688&source=Live
    And Hex of the Shrine (See above)
    Avg hit: 18.2k (mage swarm 23k), bash 2.5k, kick 0, DoT 80k

There is a gelatenous cube that paths around. If you touch it you get banish. This is really a non-issue. The cube just goes in a circle around the zone. You wont get hit by it while tanking a dragon in the corner. There is really no reason to get banished, and getting banished as I understand it is basically a death touch mechanic, because the adds kill you. The one question I have here about getting banished, is are these mobs just zone trash than can be cleared ahead of time?
  6. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes, look at my post again. I included the Lucy links that tell you the Raw Spell Data.

I still think save the big burns for the end. Having Grolik and Aaryonar up at the same time is worse than the DoTs in the beginning. If the group can't tank and heal through this part that has no mechanics, it's unlikely they will survive the parts with mechanics. I say this because the beginning was minimal effort, just tank and spank with group heals, but the end was chaos and the whole group was hurt.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

You say Hero Missions as if there were any other mission type.
    Velisaris_MS and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

Using this method, would you suggest two tanks in the group? (i.e. ToV T3 group geared tanks) This seems like a good method, it is our setup from the first night we did this successfully. Both tanks on Crusaders until the add popped, then one offtank the add.
  9. Nizadenn New Member

You might not want to play considering the Ores (T3 Group Gear) are dropping off trash which makes the group mission loot trivial. Honestly, other then for the progression and +10 increase in heroic augs from last xpac... missions are kinda worthless.
  10. Nizadenn New Member

Its abundantly clear you dont understand even after multiple people have tried to aid you. This only further reinforces my original statement.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

Let me explain this to you, it only takes 4 to do these missions. It leaves 2 spots open for customers. Nobody is forcing them to pay.

What am I supposed to do with these 2 open spots in a group?
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Not be a jerk who charges fellow players to help them with progression?
    eqgamer likes this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

So, by your logic everything in the game should passed around for free? It’s a mission. It’s available to all level appropriate players.
  14. Derka Power Ranger

Ah I see now, I saw the tanking dot damage parse of 118k which skewed it.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

You probably could, but it would probably be a heck of a clear. If I am reading my map right, when someone got banished, it wasn't anywhere close to the event room (i.e. right down the hall).
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Too much like hard work!

Cleric, SK, Monk, Ranger, Wizzy and Bard

Kill aaryona to 60% she flys away
    Kill Grelic as and when he sticks him head up
    Root off all the orbs and guardians (these spawn regardless so nothing to do with earth getting in an aura) Rangers are excellent at this, and can also self heal the stupid curse.

Once Golem is dead, burn Aarayona till she decides she dont want to play anymore.We win got 2 of 3 achieves.

One of our social guilds on the server beat Aarayona using the above method tonight too. It seems to be the 2nd easiest mission.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Looks like you have a job to do Derka :p
    Derka likes this.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

I'm all on board with KISS. We won, and we did skip many of the mechanics. While I agree with you completely that you can ignore mechanics and win, as we did on all of these events, the topic of this thread is about missions being too hard.

I don't agree there is a complaint of difficultly while also ignoring the game mechanics and design. I don't take the stance of ignore it, zerg it, get gear and git good. I take the stance of optimization and performance. Call me silly if ya like, but that's how I think. I enjoy learning and understanding the mechanics, even if my armor makes it a moot point.

The fire orb at the very least casted fire orb embrace. This is listed on lucy as a heal, 125k per tick for 3 ticks, which is not insignificant to group players who are struggling, so perhaps this is a reward for a success rather than a penalty for a miss. https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52685&source=Live

Either way, it's really not that big of a deal to do the mechanic. Grilok is down when they spawn, and we preassigned 4 people to just grab stand in an aura and cast a spell while the tank and cleric continued business as usual. I can't see a reason to not just complete the mechanic. You say its too much work, but for the ranger to stand in the red aura and shoot the fire orb from Xtar 1 time, well, that doesn't seem like any work at all.
  19. Szilent Augur

you --- you know all of these is just you casting Tash on mobs, right? the "slow" bits, too. that's you.
  20. Yendar Augur

I hav
    I have done this mission on 4 different group geared toons already. Not CoV group geared, and not maxed AA’s. The mission has to be tuned for the end of the expansion as well as the beginning. If not we have easy missions that multiple classes can solo like in ToV.