CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. KrakenReality Augur

Agreed, leave them as is. It makes the taskadds worth more $$$. I'm very happy with their tuning.
  2. Proximoe Elder

All of them are a pretty decent challenge. But completely doable. Its probably not ideal missions for boxers and mercs, grab a full group of player and see if it changes your opinion. pretty tank and heal intensive.
    Yendar likes this.
  3. Nizadenn New Member

And people like you are whats wrong with the gaming community
  4. Nizadenn New Member

So all smaller guilds who dont have ideal groups, rely on mercs and dont have much if any raid gear cannot do content? Why raiders care if a mission is easier is beyond me. As a raider myself, I dont know ANYONE in my guild that is like YES!, lets go do missions because they are challenging and fun!. Its more like, lets get these boring missions over with as quick as possible for currency.
    Tallie and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This is pretty much it exactly. Raiders acting like they care about easy group missions is laughable. We just want to farm our currency. Difficult missions are neat and cool the first 4 or 5 times you do them, but after you've done them 20 or 30 times, that "challenge" gets real tiring real quick.
    Tallie likes this.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Excuse me?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak had limited content this expansion. Group players are getting the same slow release as raiders except its all about the tuning.

I expect daybreak will retune these missions in a month or two so that the majority of group players can actually complete them. BUT they could be honest about this and upfront with it. I have no doubt this was all planned.

Expansions are no longer large enough to have group content that "sorts out the best from the rest". If the majority of group players cannot complete the group missions then it's a fail since these missions are the main way to gear up.
    Vumad likes this.
  8. Plumbus Lorekeeper

He said, people like you are what's wrong with the gaming community .
  9. Tappin Augur

They shouldn’t design group content for raiders, unless it’s not required for the group progression and doesn’t give group currency. However, they didn’t design anything for the group game, they more or less copied raid content designed for multiple groups and failed to remove the multiple group mechanics.
  10. JeffHanson Augur

11. KrakenReality Augur

How?
  12. Tucoh Augur

This thread makes me want to play CoV, good to see that players who don't raid have content that gives meaning to the hard work they've put into their characters.

Personally, I'm a big fan of missions having hard modes to create a grouping end-game and normal modes that makes it easy for players to see all the content. The challenge achievements kind of go that direction, but not in a satisfying way because the difficult ones frequently just make the missions super annoying to do instead of challenging in a classic sense.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Most efficient? Nothing is particularly efficient about getting raid armor. We go die a whole bunch until we win one time, and then we die again a bunch more times trying to farm it. It took me 6 months to get my armor and a lot of deaths.

There are 53 named camps in CoV to choose from and we have /pick these days. Sorry 1 or 2 of them might be claimed so you have to work on a different piece of armor or help someone get something they need that night.

So sorry, your argument about armor is invalid.

No, it's not. The chest drops 1 visable, 1 non-visable and 1 spell. It's the same as a named.

Additionally, the augs that drop from any chest or named, specifically "Massive Stone of Hsagra", Ethereal Gold Dragon heart" have better stats than the vendor augs. So the currency is not even for getting augs but rather stacking a single heroic stat.

And, last and most importantly, completing the 4 missions gives you Paragon of CoV, which gives you "Velium Composite Scale", which unlocks rank 4 of your progressive ability. Since ranks 2 and 3 are from Partisan of CS and ToV, it is clear that by design that players are intended to be completing a good portion of the solo quests before beating all of the group missions.

So no, these missions are not to obtain gear. These missions are to stack heroic stats and unlock your rank 4 progressive ability.

This is what I am trying to say. Maybe since you run a casual guild it will be more accepted with you saying it.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Because you want to exploit people by exploiting the game mechanics.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

What are you even talking about? Exploiting people? Exploiting game mechanics? It's selling a taskadd...
  16. FawnTemplar Augur

Every time you say an argument is "invalid" you make my eye twitch. Please stop. You don't know what an invalid argument is.

[IMG]

Just say you disagree and move on.
  17. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You can easily do all of the progression without touching a single named, so that's not really a meaningful counter.

And, chests drop more loot than a named, as well as dropping loot from multiple nameds making them more efficient to farm when looking for a variety of items.

If we really want to look at things in a progression sense, the missions all drop T2 loot. That should mean that people in all CoV T1 should be able to do them.

If the missions are not to obtain gear, then why do they drop gear? The obvious intention is that the gear being dropped will be useful to the intended audience.
    Yinla and KrakenReality like this.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

I'm so sorry that your trials and tribulations to get raid geared are so taxing. Really, I have a tear in my eye.
    But let's face it, as others have stated on here, the only reason raiders hit the missions is for currency for augs. The gear is nothing more than tribute fodder for you. By the time you figure out the mechanics, you steamroll through them anyway. You are just looking for something challenging to you until the raid schedule hits, then missions are just a past time until you get your alt raiders auged out as well.
    Yes, there are that many named mobs in CoV. Some of them aren't camped, most are. Problem is that a good portion of these are camped by AFK botters. On top of that, those that aren't are not going to just let someone move in because they need the gear too. Sure, you have picks now, but even then you still run into the above issues.
    If you want T3 group gear, the best way in the past to get it is via missions, going off the past two expansion models. T2 is the best you can get open world, except for the random lamp/ore drops off the named. Sure, there is that thing going on now that is bypassing this mechanic, but because someone already reported it on the bug forum, it will more than likely be fixed.
    Velisaris_MS and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

Again, people might think negative of my stance that these don't need to be nerfed yet, like I don't support the non-raiders, BUT it's important to also recognize that I believe we (raid geared players) should be testing these mechanics and sharing our strategies with people, not just zerging through them. These are not missions, they are events.

I do think these missions are beatable presently with a decent strategy, but is that discussion occurring? Where? I'd be happy to share information if there is a place for that.

------------------------

I didn't get to watch the event mechanics much in 3 of these events, including CS, but Aaryonar in the temple I did. Since the people I have spoke to said this is the harder event and it's the one I am most familiar with the mechanics, I'll share the information I have for it first.

Group makeup
    1 tank
    1 offtank
    1 snare/kiter
    1 Cleric, sub druid, probably not SHM
    1 slower
    1 ENC, sub SHM or other support
    1 patch healer
    (Yes, that's more than 6, but a ranger can kite and patch heal, a pally can kite and patch heal, SK can kite and offtank, etc, these are roles not players)

Save you big burns for the end.

Assign orb roles before the start, ice, fire, earth and um, shadow?. Every player except the tank and cleric should have a predetermined assignment. Have Disable spell casting subtlety on hotbar.

I started with heavy spell guarding. Both Legions and Auspice. Use GS during setup so it'll be ready again during the event. I kept Crespular up too. Every time a spell guard wore off, I replaced it, and the group tried to stay in range of me and the cleric. I also dropped my Twincast Aura for my rune aura, as incoming damage was more of a concern than DPS.

The event starts when you speak to Aaeyonar. He has some spells. Revoking Breath and Tail Slam. These are directional so the group doesn't have to get hit by them.
    Revoking breath - https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52675&source=Live
    Tail slam - https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52405&source=Live
    Here is the tanking information. This was a very well geared, well AAed SK who was probably using defensives, but it's what I have.
    Average hits... Bite: 31.5k, kick 8.9k, DoT damage 118k

Aaeyonar flies up at 60% becoming inactive. At this point a very large yellow conned golum, Grolik, walks in the the zone in location. Do not burn Grolik. DPS him. Numerous times he will drop into the ground wasting burns, and after a few moments, there will be an aura indicating his repop location. Do NOT be in this aura, it is very bad. Once he pops back he will have no debuffs and start to wander, if you don't aggro him quickly, the event will reset.
    Average hits... hit: 20.3k, kick 2.7k, bash 5k. Again, I don't know what defensives were running.

I don't know the Grolik %, but orbs spawn. Disable SCS for this. There are 4 and they all train in from the spawn location. They have to be brought to their matching auras of bad things happen. YOu have to do these fast or you fail.
    Fire = red
    Ice = blue
    Earth = brown
    I believe the last one is shadow and that's purple. Sorry if this one I have incorrect.
    These are puntable, but also they root, so avoid punt unless it's going to land them in their correct aura.

This orb parts is the mechanic part of the event that is most troublesome, because of pathing and etc. I think that if an orb goes into the wrong aura it's a fail, so you have to drag them around the wrong auras to the right auras. (I think this part needs to be changed so the aura locations are static but the aura orders are random, to prevent auras being in the way of other auras, but it is what it is.)

If you fail the auras, there are things that happen, like AEs. The failure for earth is "A guardian". Same graphic as Grolik but much smaller. This guy is rootable and snareable (hence the kiter). It can not be mezed of charmed. I didn't try stun. Grolik will respawn during your failure so you will have to deal with this guy and Grolik. Offtank Grolik so you don't get the dragon back during killing of adds.
    A guardian Avg hit... 21.8k, kick 6.8k

At some point here, I think maybe 30% on Grolik, Aaeyonar gets back into the fight. This is the time to burn and defensives. I am almost sure Grolik does not have to die, and Aaeyonar went inactive much sooner than we expected. I think the event ends when Aaeyonar hits 30% (or close to it). I think Grolik was still up with a few % left and despawned when the dragon dipped out.

Throughout this event, there were some other actions, I think these are the aura failures.
    A fiery orb casted A fire orb's embrace so I presume that is the fire aura failure. https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52685&source=Live
    A guardian I think is failure for earth.

We also had Heart of the Temple cast
    Intruder's Curse: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52673&source=Live
    Roar of Darkness: https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52671&source=Live
    Neither of these went off in our 1st attempt.
    On our our second attempt we got intruder's curse 2 times, and then we learned about the Aggro Grolik Quickly or he resets.
    On our 3rd attempt we got intruder's curse once and Roar of Darkness once.

I don't know what causes intruder's curse.

We almost wiped at the end when Aaeyonar joins the fight again, and I don't know why, but that's when Roar of Darkness happened, so I am speculating that it is some sort of end of event mechanic. Aaeyonar Did not use breath or tail at the end of the event, so I think Roar of Darkness might replace Aaeyonar's directionals, but I can't say for sure.

Edit: Oh yeah, you can droip a campfire in zone but you can't use it, so leave your campfire outside.
    Ironkeg and Duder like this.
  20. Vumad Cape Wearer

We burned Zlanidcar so I unfortunately can't say anything about that event other than watch the directionals. There were a lot of emotes but I don't know what they were for.
    Rotted breath https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52638&source=Live
    Rotted Flesh https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52581&source=Live

For ST, I followed the group. One of the dragons, I think the red one, Cargalia, is fire immune, so players need spells up that work.
    Cargalia uses Debuff melee slow, debuff Tash and Tail swing.
    Tail swing https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52517&source=Live

Sivar is magic immune so you need a disease slow, use mini burns on this guy. He only used debuff tash.

Honvar used Claw Slash and Velium Boosted Chaos Breath.
    Velium boosted chaos breath https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52515&source=Live

Melalafen used debuff tash, left wing swing, right wing swing and velium boosted lava breath. This guy went inactive frequently with heavy DoTs rolling. Do not use burns here because they would be wasted. With a SHM MH and 2 SKs, this was absolutely brutal. The SKs couldn't tap and the SHM struggled to keep up.
    Velium boosted chaos breath https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52515&source=Live
    Left wing swing https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52512&source=Live
    Right wing swing https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52511&source=Live

I don't know if the inactivity of Melalafen is his ability or if that is something that happens for the 4th dragon, meaning the order you go doesn't matter. I have only done it once. Earlier in this thread someone said there is a way to neutralize the AEs, which is something I'll try to test next time.

After the 4 dragon's die, you can burn Vulak. He used Boon of Aerr, Left Wing Swing, Right Wing Swing, debuff melee slow and debuff tash. I think Vulak has some mechanics that we beat with the burns, so I don't know if we did that for the end of the event or if there were mechanics to avoid.
    Left wing swing https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52512&source=Live
    Right wing swing https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52511&source=Live
    Boon of Aerr https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=52523&source=Live