CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

IDK why casuals didnt test this when it was on beta!
    /s
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Because they don't generally do anything on beta, except complain about not getting tokens for stupid beta rewards they will never use.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Life’s good as an internet tough guy and forum warrior. Back to my post though, you already know why people expect to box the missions. The game is built on boxing and remains viable because people treat box accounts like chicken wings. How you going to sit there and eat 1 wing?
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

On Vox the group I hang out with tried this on the second night. We had a warrior, SK, rogue, two rangers and a cleric. We beat it on the second attempt by the skin of our teeth (one tank got ported by the sweeper, the other died right as the last crusader went down, I was left rogue tanking the add, and a ranger that died was rezzed and made a run for the chest. Add despawned when chest was opened). The next night we went in with a warrior, 2 rogues, 2 rangers and a druid. Made it to the 3rd dragon when the add came and messed things up. We attempted again, made it to the second dragon before the AEs cleaned our clocks. We haven't tried again yet, hoping we could glean some strat from those who have completed it successfully.

From what we did learn, though, is that you need to drag each crusader against the wall to avoid the sweeper.

If the AEs had a message for a mechanic we are suppose to do to avoid them, that would be great. If not, then they probably shouldn't hit for 300k+ a shot. Avoiding the sweeper is easy if you pay attention. The adds have way too many HPs in my opinion, so those could probably use some toning down. If the AEs and adds were toned down a bit, I think this mission would be doable by group content, even while keeping the mechanics in place.
    Derka likes this.
  5. gnomeboss Augur

[IMG]

ah, yes, the 6 raider paradigm. the gall of the plebs not enjoying their ezmode if only they were, you know, you.

your epeen is thick and mighty. your guild and egl ranking are robust. noted. granted. thumbs up! but sweet baby cazic, man, has there every been any group mission in the history of everquest that wasn't easy with 6 competent raiders? c'mon!
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Does that boomerang mission from UF count?
  7. Tegila Augur

Boomerang was cake
  8. Maedhros High King

I guess you missed the reply on this thread that someone said these missions were hard for raiders.
    Sorry about your small epeen though.
  9. Maedhros High King

Sorry again, the game is not built on boxing. Its just something we can do. You need look no farther than the labyrinth style zone designs and the ease that a toon thats auto-following another toon can catch their big toe on a blade of grass and break auto-follow.
    Its always amusing when multi-boxers think they are the ones keeping the lights on. Get over yourself. If you're having trouble boxing, too bad. No-one owes your box crew anything.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Zeelot Elder

I think group gear from the new expansion gives enough hp and stats to beat the new missions. I did this mission with 1 other player and boxed 3 of my alts. To be fair, I am a raid geared SK and the other in my group was raid geared Necro. After a few failures, finally won it. But my T1 ToV group geared alts all got killed by the 3rd dragon and we just scraped by a win with 2 of us left alive the first win. After gearing up my alts with some CoV gear, this has become far less difficult.

It would be sad if these challenging and fun missions get made easier because people want to beat them in ToV group gear. By farming the new t2 & t3 items, these missions should become a lot easier for group geared players.
  11. Yendar Augur

How is it overtuned to have the mission challenging for people with the prior expansion’s raid gear? You want to to be easy with ToV raid gear? Then how easy would it be once everyone has upgraded their ToV raid gear and maxed out their new aa’s/spells? If it’s easy with the prior expansions gear, then it’s trivial with the new stuff.. which is a never ending loop of a boring trivial game... the way you want it made out to be.

The first time I tried this task, it was hard.. we failed 5x in a row and were about to give up. We figured out the strat... killed it, and the accomplishment felt a lot better than something like Zlandicar that you can easily burn through. The failures prior to the success is what makes EQ fun. Being able to grow, learn, and bear tough content.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So what your saying is anyone who does not raid should wait until 2021 expansion to be able to beat this expansion in that expansions group gear, which by then should be equal to TOV raid gear and even then will find it a challenge.

Zlandicar is just plane broken, we should never be able to skip mechanics with by over DPSing, same for raids.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Wow, because they are casuals? Casual is defined by how a player plays, not how much a player raids. If a person does not raid, but has a maxed out TBL evolvers and maxed out ToV ear, with max AA and optimized augs with a few extra PS to spare for groups, throw in a few ultra rares, they are in no way, shape or form a casual player.

Casual players do not have time to play on Beta because they still have too much to do. If they were on Beta, they would be going into CoV with fewer AA and lesser gear, making their complaints about the missions being difficult less valid.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Also there isn't usually any groups to be had in beta to do stuff. Many raiders are just in PoK AFK and those doing missions usually have prearanged groups with no room for outsiders. While group players may not be able to do much testing doing missions, many do TS stuff instead all of it needs testing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Vumad like this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

How about sharing the strat, and make this post one of helping out each other, instead of it heading down the road of "group v. raid", "casual v. hardcore", etc.
    Hobitses and Velisaris_MS like this.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

Hey man, don’t feel bad for me because harder missions are better for business. Game needs more gated and exclusive content to keep the prices up.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imho, generally speaking:
    4 focused players in group tier2 + 2 mercs, should be able to beat the missions.
    6 focused players in group tier3, should be able to beat the challenger-achievements.

There should be some leeway for non-perfect group setups, as not all classes are created equal.

If raiders want a challenge, they are free to try the challenger-achievements with less than a full group, or attempt the vanquisher achievements on their raids.
    Marton, Biggho, FawnTemplar and 2 others like this.
  18. Kamor Lorekeeper

In order to finish off your type 5's from this expansion you need to run and win over 200 missions per character.
    Biggho likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

If they would stop making the player-made augs lore, and made the vendor augs the ones with the better stats...this wouldn't be an issue. Having a set of augs with 10 less heroic on the primary stat isn't going to bother anyone except the most extreme min/max people. It sure as hell won't bother "casual" folks.
    Vumad and Biggho like this.
  20. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

I disagree, there is no problem whatsoever with requiring a full 6 players to complete one of the missions.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.