CS Mission - The Crusaders still too difficult

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 10, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If it has the same mechanics as he raid, its not going to be very boxable. Also mercs could be causing issues with the zones. But group of real people should be fine. Not had time to play yet, and when I do, it will be with others geared like me so won't be able to evaluate about the group geared thing.

But if you're taking a 330k ae, I bet you're failing a mechanic.

Also, this is the same level content as ToV. I would hope people realize that these are going to require being fully ToV group geared, for the most part, its a step up in content.
  2. Kenstr54 New Member

I agree CoV is over tuned. HP on Tier 2 mob need to be reduced. I probably won't do the group missions again as everything is based on the raids. Think of something more original than the copy /paste formula you been doing for the last few years. Please tune the content to group players. Not everyone is in raid gear.
  3. Tegila Augur

That was my point. There are other threads where that group would be considered bad because according to them any schlub group should be able to sustain at least a mill DPS.(I think it was the thread wanting to tune down tov... after a year lol) and by systained I mean for grinding, not 5 minutes.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Your doing that with some nice ADPS.

Our group was 2 SKs, Monk, Beast, Wizzy and Cleric, the only buffs we had were from the classes we had with us. No one was boxing. Wizzy in raid gear rest of the group in TS ToV group gear.

The Cleric had a hard time keeping the SKs up, due to the AE (unavoidable as it is directional at the tank). 2nd SK took the add on 2nd dragon and tanked it behind dragon to be out of AE.

Mana was a huge issue, harvests always on cool down and spamming nuke buttons.

Groups doing group content usually do not consist of much if any ADPS, in less it is boxed groups or raid groups that have good synergy.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Bard is underperforming. I can teach the bard how to bard if you want.
    sojero likes this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think there is some disconnect in what people are talking about.
    No, its not necessary that casual groups be able to beat missions first try.
    Yes they should be able to beat them if they keep trying to figure out how its supposed to be done.
    Even if they arent raid geared and even if they arent the perfect group.
    Keep trying, and think about how it can be done better. Thats the point of games.
  7. Kelset Elder

I'm curious, has anyone on the dev side ever said what the target tuning is? I can do Zland on a pure burn for my group in group ToV T1-T3 gear, but barely. I have to use a cleric and a healer merc on my Paladin which cuts down on my DPS but my last parse was 2.13m over 104s with a Wiz, Wiz, Ench combo. On my last Velks for the 3 mobs, it was 765k spreading burns across the 3. In that scenario though I'm locking down the adds with the enchanter so his contribution is minimal later in the fight. Doing a hero that is in the 2m sustained range, is definitely a far off goal for me if they keep it tuned the way it is. It would be interesting though to know how they see it and if this is inline with their expectations.
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

The big problem is wizzes are seriously hurting right now. I run tank/healer and brd/ench groups with 3 of the following dps: ber, mage, wiz, necro. Wiz hurt before this expansion but now the added hp/length of fight honestly I think I'm going to retire them they are just not worth playing anymore - mage far better dps in group game.
  9. Szilent Augur

2M isn't a tuning point, it's how that one player's group of somebodies arbitrarily clocked in. If you're slower, then you'll have to heal off some more AEs. The group you describe playing has group heals on Pal, Cle, and spellshields on Enc, plus Shield of Order on the three casters. So not only will you mitigate the AEs better you'll have better heals than the group running just a shm.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Top of the line missions, reminds me of the golden era of EQ(underfoot, hot, voa). After the last brain dead expansion this is a nice surprise.
    Duder likes this.
  11. dizzadar Lorekeeper

Neale your a terrible Healer ive raided with you before there is no way you didn't burn you couldnt even heal kael mission with help
  12. Kelset Elder

That's typically how I approach these types of missions, particularly I go heavy on the Enchanter runes. I I need to work on a better group heal setup though since I usually rely on the merc healer to catch what the runes miss. As Vaeeldar mentioned, mana is the other issue but that's specific to this wiz group. It'd still be nice to know what type of group they think this is tuned to in order to compare it to what's actually happening. :)
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

But, but...how are people supposed to git gud?!

:p
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

To all the folks bragging about beating the missions, one bit of data I'd wish you'd provide to go along with group makeup is whether it's 6 real players, or is it being boxed.

If boxed, how many people are boxing and which toons/how many are being boxed?

If boxing, are you alt-tabbing or using 3rd party software?

Comments in the vein of "I beat it so if you can't you must suck! LOL!" are the most unhelpful things I see in threads like this.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have beaten this with 6 real players, have not beaten it boxed yet. This rides that fine line of difficulty ... I like it.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yendar like this.
  16. Maedhros High King

I'm thrilled there is some challenge to these after the excessive easiness of last year's missions. Whomever said that this was hard in raid gear though must be referring to trying to play this on a brand new alt that benefited from last year's raid loot pinata. If you have 6 raiders that know how to play these missions are only moderately less incredibly easy than usual.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

Also where does anything say that you're supposed to be able to multi box missions? Missions should be tuned around what 6 well played group geared players can beat after a few attempts of ironing out a strat. That is all.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

This has to be rhetorical. No way that you’re this oblivious.
  19. Maedhros High King

Looking at your post history is certainly amusing. Hows the KSing of names and SK tracking working out?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Symbius Augur

I don't know how they can keep the spell damage the way it is on these missions. It's crazy high.

Are they doable for the top end? Sure, but that's not a good thing overall.