A Quick Note from Jenn Chan, Head of Studio, Darkpaw Games

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I bought a car at a dealership that offered lifetime oil changes for free. When new ownership came in, they immediately stopped offering the free oil changes and took away what had been agreed to under contract of previous buyers.

It took 6 months for the state AG's office to step in and tell the dealership to pound sand and honor what had been offered by previous ownership. New ownership does not equal having existing customers interests over business plan. I can't believe that you can't believe people didn't think the lifetime subs would be honored.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.
  2. Silver-Crow Augur

The lifetime membership is to All Access, not to EQ. If EQ drops out of all access for any reason, then there're no contractual difficulties. People still have All access membership... just no longer to EQ.

Lifetime Membership was always a punt, and i'm happy for everyone that bought it. Just be aware of the small print.
  3. Dubr New Member

Congrats on the sale. The new owners should appreciate the longstanding EQ franchise.
    I would be very interested in seeing the subscription statistics. I would doubt that you have a strong increasing base, and probably a declining one. I have played EQ on and off since inception, and find the game now quite frustrating. As an All Access member, it is difficult to see how you will get much more revenue from me. I would be delighted to buy something that helped me, but the problem with new expansions, is that I cannot get my toon adequately equipped to hold my own within these new expansions. Unless I am mistaken, not only do you need to be at maximum level, you also need to be mostly raid equipped, and a substantial amount of AAs. With the new limited xp options, that seems impossible to level and increase AAs and gear without playing for 10+hours plus every week. So if you want more revenue from me, please provide some manner (even costs) to get my toon adequately equipped.
    111 Enchanter and now unlikely to get to 115.
    NB I also don't like raiding, so maybe that fixes me so I cannot make any progress with the new expansions
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Subscriber base has been growing since 2015 coinciding with the introduction of the TLP servers.

If you want to see the released stats yourself they are all available via the EG7 investor presentation on their website: >> CLICK HERE <<
  5. Tegila Augur

You're an enchanter, not a tank. Those things aren't barriers to current content is you have your spells and enough hps for aes. 10hrs a week isn't much at all, even for casual play, in this game. You should have no problem playing in tov groups though. CoV...113 seems the expected level as you can't get solo tasks before that.

That said, watch for free taskadds for tov progression to get level up. I hate to be one of those people, but if 10hrs a week in eq seems like too much, this might be the wrong game for you. EQ has always been about timesinks.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its not just about customer interests. When you buy a business you buy the legal obligations.

That dealership you know of was just incredibly dumb.
    And it would turn out even worse for EQ if they tried that.
    code-zero likes this.