Cannot figure out which filter this is.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Act of Valor, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This spell spam is going into my main window and I cannot figure out for the life of me which filter it is.

The message that shows up is like "Soandso healed Johndoe for 2944 (3194) hit points by Restoring Splash Rk. II."

It works the same with buffs too, like "Soandso healed Johndoe for 4957 hit points by Reliance Rk. II"

I have, in my filters, Spells -> Heals (you), Spells -> Heals (other), and Spells -> Spell Emotes checked in my combat spam window, but they all appear in my main window, making it almost impossible to read chat if I'm in the middle of a battle.

Can anyone help me out? Thank you.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It should be Heals (other). Just tested and it is the filter that is going through for me.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I've tried resetting it, but it isn't working. It still appears on my main window when I use that filter.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've not been able to get filters to work for a while I just main main window my spam/spell window and use chat 1 for chat.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

If you are using tabbed windows make sure the tab you want it to go to is active when setting filters.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Thanks, but nope. I only have one tab per window.
  7. Angahran Augur

Afaik there are some messages that appear to be hardcoded to the first chat window.
    Easy test, filter EVERYTHING to another window and see what still appears in the primary one.
    (Yes, it's annoying and so is the ridiculous 'Other' filter.. wth is supposed to be 'Other' ??)

So, as has been mentioned, make the primary window your 'spam' window and use another window as 'Main'.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Mine goes into Chat 3. The only chat filter with the color of that text is Heals (other) for me. I alter the colorings of as many filters as I can to keep better track of which is coding to which.
  9. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I'd love the ability to filter specific messages, I don't really need to see "Soandso staggers" everytime I cast a lifetap.
    Vexana_Lanys and Nennius like this.
  10. Angahran Augur

What doesn't help is that, apparently, NPCs communication doesn't have to match it's filter type.
    e.g. An NPC could 'say' something to you but it could be colored and filtered as a 'tell'.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  11. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Also a lot of quest text/emotes goes into 'Other' for some reason. Which I am sure goes into most peoples more spam-laden tabs and get's missed easily if it happens during combat.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Speaking of filters - Id love it if guildie achievements could have a filter separate from guild chat.
    Yinla, Barton and Conq like this.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Bump, I found a workaround. In my main chat window, I made a second tab. I set Heals -> Other onto that tab, and I'm no longer spammed with heal messages. I still can't get it to go to another chat window, but at least this is a solution.
  14. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Aaaand a new filter problem arises since I last played the game. I do not know which filter is:

"Pet has healed himself for 8 hit points by Erud's Channeled Mark."

I don't have a pet, it is someone else's. Does anyone know which filter this one is? Thanks.