Christmas Dragon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

Probably a dumb question but has anyone tried compiling the EQ client as 64bit ?
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

When I was 6 years old, I drew a concept for a new Mega Man game using colored pencils. I wrote TO CAPCOM in big letters on the envelope, and I put it in the mailbox. I made sure to put the red flag up on the mailbox! And still to this day they have never sent me my complimentary copy of the game I designed. Will you be joining me when we take to the streets to protest?
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

We need a 64-bit progression server! Once the work is done transferring over an expansion, it is done forever. If they hire a Dev with a goal of 1 expansion per 6 months, we'll see 64-bit on live in in roughly2026. Lol.
  4. Sobmre Augur

here you go,
    https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/low-poly/dragon-creature?certification_id=6&synonym=dragon
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Hmm undead Dragon? I wonder if that would be less of a load on the servers than a regular dragon.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It would probably work OK on it's own, but wouldn't be able to communicate with the servers.

There also the problems that wouldn't happen until you exceeded 2-4 gb of memory. All the little pointers that you didn't notice until they overflow, but will work just fine at first.

And when they overflow, they'll corrupt random memory, so just because the audio function calls fail, it might have been networking code the caused the problem.

A solution that Microsoft used internally was to patch programs so that the very first thing they do is grab a 2gb chunk of memory, so that all the programs real activity is forced over the 32 bit wall, and set that block of memory as secure so any access of the memory causes an immediate crash (so you know what caused it, instead of random corruption). Is an fairly easy quick way to eliminate a lot of 64 bit incompatible code.