Christmas Dragon

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demoria7, Dec 8, 2020.

1. demoria7 Elder

Dragon Illusion. With multiple color choices. Like the ones from Crescent Reach. I can think of a quest arc to earn one so I am sure the Dev's can as well. ...If not Christmas.... well we do need a good quest and reward for next years anniversary too.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

How about an Illusion: Game Servers Operating first.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

You got that, for about 18 minutes.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And people that can contribute zero to getting the game servers back up have time to converse.

Dragons have too many polygons and use too much memory to give as a plyer illusion and have that many dragons around in a zone at once.

That reason applies to mounts as well (The familiar has sailed so... no comment there) AND anyone who tries to put a saddle on a dragon who has not volunteered will be eaten by said dragon.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Has there ever been any thought to allowing players to put more model graphics to the player PC side versus the serverside? Kind of like how a lot of the zone geometry and things were moved to the PC side to allow for faster loading?

Something to reduce the pressure on the eq servers, and move it to the player PCs which most are WAY better than anything we need for this game.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ngreth. I have enjoyed your work, and that of the other devs., for many years. I hope in my occasional forays into sarcasm and flippancy that I haven't seemed to imply that your work and that of the other devs, isn't appreciated. I apologize if I sometimes hit the wrong target. Thank you for your work and I hope we can all log in soon to appreciate it fully.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yes. And it may already do some of this (I'm not sure here, but I know the models are on the client, and we do on-demand loading) but the issue is the 32bit memory limit. It's rather easy to reach that, then the client runs out of memory and crashes :/

It's why my response was mild :) Thanks!
    Gyurika Godofwar, Firedog and FubarEQ like this.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Just turn every mob and player into a dragon. Problem solved.
  9. Tegila Augur

I want a dragon house like a giant sleeping dragon whose mouth you walk into and zo in by running down it's throat. Then the different organs are rooms..I'd pay good money for that. Make it at least like 3 color choices..the nice red, the white shiney, maybe a royal blue, and a black. Sellem $100. And they should take up the whole housing plot! :)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Is that why the only Dragon illusion (Aspect of the Brood) is so tiny? For a dragon it's quite small with several other illusions being way bigger in comparison.
  11. Tegila Augur

yup. but hey i have no issue taking up residence in corpses either
  12. Firedog New Member

Smaug smiles in his eternal sleep.
  13. Traisten New Member

So why keep an old game an old game? Why not move it to the64 bit realm. I mean if Nintendo could do it decades ago..what is keeping the rulers of Everquest from doing it? 99.9% of PC's sold are 64 bit these days. You shoot yourselves in the foot keeping it at 32 bit and introducing more problems than are fixed. Just my 2Copper.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Going to take a stab at you don't know much about program coding?
    Tegila and Jondalar like this.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

On the one hand targeting 64-bit vs. 32-bit is trivial. But then you decide you should use the latest version of Visual Studio, right? Now you find that code that compiled on VS 2008 (or whatever version you are on) no longer compiles because of changes to C++, etc. Sometimes you are using 3rd party libraries that are obsolete and aren't available for 64-bit. There are a ton of reasons, honestly. It's the proverbial can of worms.
  16. Straahdx Augur

honestly, I'd rather have the stick man illusion that we had a few years back on April Fool's day as an illusion instead lol. Loved that thing.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

April 1st, all toons should be "Doug" for 24 hours!
    Straahdx likes this.
  18. Lianeb Augur

Put
    Stickfigures=1
    in the default section of your eqclient.ini
    Straahdx likes this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

stickfigures dragons!
    Ninelder likes this.
  20. Ninelder Augur

I want Druish holidays where everyone is in wolf form whether they like it or not. Was it Fanra who had the tag line? "Turning people into wolves that do not want to be wolves better than any other class!"
    We can name one of the holidays after him!