COV comments...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Slasher Augur

I hope they stop with the level increases. ill take a few more zones/missions/raids over 5 more levels next expansion.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree.

My expectations are realistic and pragmatic.

We lost some devs (especially a key dev like Prathun) and new devs are learning the ropes.

I also think $35 for the basic expansion with current content size is actually closer to a fair deal if you factor in inflation and other possible monetization models (DLCs, Season/Battle Pass).
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

I hope that will be the reality. I like getting staggered introductions of new content through the year. It helps to reduce my supply of boredom.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. LesserArchi Elder

Agree on some of the missions were fun in TBL, went to end zone, but wish they had a way to disable the anti-pet code. My mage softies do not last too long on close proximity to the mission mobs. Only able to do successfully on one of ToV mission in GD, and still a lots of death with that mission, LOL. Accumulated 270 ducats for each toon. Took off several month, hoping to kill some mobs next expansion. Hopefully not too much of complication with box softies.
  5. Xerzist Augur

I mean is it really, though? 11 million dollars YTD and they serve us chicken soup with a sliver of chicken and old rice.

For me this might be the deal breaker. Tell me 5-6 devs making 100K (which they probably don't) and then factor in all other costs. What we have here folks is the milking of the cow...

i.e. yer wallets

gg, yes im salty
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

BIG PASS

I saw what that did at the level 70 stretch 4 expansions in a row at the same level sucked and those had way more zones than the current crop of expansions have had so more zones won't automatically make stuff better.

Player Levels are a key part of player power, like it or not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Slasher Augur

I happen to think OOW, DON, DOD were great expansions. I'm saying with the limited staff you should be able to get more content in if you skip the level increase because that requires more work.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Micker Augur

The good thing about level increases, is that it opens up older content for you to go back to and solo/box. It's always fun to go back beat up an old raid boss or farm a good aug etc, solo. Just sucks that the level increases now are just same spell, different name, add 15% or whatever. How about at least a couple new spells?? Add some new flavor to the classes here and there. Not saying they haven't do some cool things with AA, but you can look at the spells from the past expansions and they are exactly the same just a bigger number. As bad as AA that just lets you use the next level spell, with no upgrades or changes.
    They should release content through the year, like clash of clans and other games do. Kinda keeps you looking forward to patches and updates.
  9. Jalelorf Augur

Careful now. They got woke and took away the pizza.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

OoW & DoD qualified as actual expansions yes, the other 2 - slim on content & very much felt like getting the thinnest slice of ham ever created in a sandwich of the thinnest slice of bread ever created, especially with DoN.

70 era was boring, no level raise does matter & if you were a fan of that level 70 stretch with no level raise I am confident you were in the minority, and a small minority at that.
    Literally everyone I know was bored to death of 70, felt stagnated and was so happy when TSS came out with an increase, repeating that mistake would be a very bad idea and more copy pasta zones with new quests is not going to be an improvement.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think level 120 would be a good time to expand the con range a bit, with the "5 levels every other expansion" deal. Expand the dark blue con range by a couple levels, the light blue by 5 levels, increasing as you go from 115-120. Keep one more tier of content viable for experience, would help poorly geared players, new players, out.
  12. Galliana Elder

I logged in for my autogrants and did a /boggle

Essence of the Dragon 2/2

I didn't have any of it the night before.

EOTD autogrant... I may yet upgrade my other accounts.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  13. Tornat Augur

I really disagree with alot of that that was my fav era of EQ. those 4 expansion were in 2 years they pretty much have raised the level cap every 2 years sense omens. But I do agree with you they should keep raise the level cap every 2 years .
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Slasher Augur

A level increase doesn't actually do anything. The power increase comes from the gear, AAs, now. All increasing levels does is reduce the content you actually get xp for now. The feel of a level getting old is just casting the same abilities and spells but new spells/abilities are just copy and paste with a new name and 10% upgrade at best.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Factually incorrect

It comes from those things as well.

Wrong, level difference does more than reduce the content you get XP for. Reduces aggro radii, reduce hit chance, higher native skill levels, bunch of other stuff too. When I go back to box older content with just levels & no extra gear or aa added (right after I finish levelling) stuff is easier to beat.

That's not the fault of additional levels, that's the fault of a lack of effort in design.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  16. Tegila Augur

Seriously. I didnt think much of dragon's hoard, but hey its something. i have god only knows how many old sets of cultural, figured id stick it in there. NOPE. must remove augs. why????
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Ninelder Augur

I am not sure how old you are but:
    McDonalds french fries were destroyed by the vegetarians and anti-fatty food crusaders in the 90s.

Luckily you can make your own that are nearly as good.

https://skillet.lifehacker.com/make-retro-style-mcdonalds-fries-with-beef-tallow-1833588713
    I have an original from scratch recipe but it actually takes days and even I only did it that way once.

While not a true substitute, the best fast food alternative if you are exceedingly lazy(we are talking McDonalds cuisine,) is Weinerschnitzel. They don't use the proper recipe, but the potatoes, cut and salt are similar; and they cook their fries in the same vats as their all-beef corndogs which properly flavours the oil.
  18. Ninelder Augur

It should not have been a "selling point" of the CoV expansion... Its a separate "buggy" thing that they want to use for micro-transactions... It has nothing to do with the expansion, the expansion has nothing to do with it. You don't even make it more "hoard-like" from doing the progression or anything else having to do with CoV.

In my opinion it should not have even been mentioned in the CoV plugs and advertisements.
    Fenthen, Vexana_Lanys and MageGuy like this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

So, I spend $139 for the edition with the statue clicky for my guild...only to find out that it goes to the SAME location as the guildhall teleporter?

That's a con job.

That'll be the LAST time I buy anything other than the standard edition.
  20. birdsong_pawn Augur

Seriously? Ouch. The guild hall teleport is the only reason that some people buy the pricey edition -- there are going to be a lot of ticked off customers.