things id pay for outside of an expantion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

abit of a sloppy post but here it goes:

larger trader bags $14.99

bank slots $4.99 - $9.99 each

reworking of the bazaar system.
    ie merc trader or auction house style ect
    $29.99

The ability to change an clicky item to AA castable
    $4.99 per item.

increasing the amount of aa's gain-able by ftp account, right now its something like 100 per 250 station cash. 100 per 250 is not worth it. change to 1000 for 250sc. some of us just don't want to pop a krono to aa an alt we made out of bored-um

more illusions for SC obviously

new ldon type adventures with a server-wide que system.
    $$$$$$$

system to like old school d2 to merge items into new ones.
    $$$$$$$

this is me just thinking for 5 mins about this,

what else would you as a player pay for outside the expansion price.
  2. trakk Lorekeeper

More pirate ships, and similar houses

Btw: you can already combine it just isn't that impressive
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Ship to ship combat. :) Couldn't resist.

/em slaps own hand
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Visible cloaks
    Jennre, Fenthen, Andarriel and 3 others like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

If there were visible cloaks, a cloak with a guild logo would be very cool.
    Jennre, Angahran and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I pay one subscription and I pay for expansions, that should be enough. I don't feel like paying more than that.

I don't like microtransactions in games. How succesful or well-equiped my character is, should not depend on my real-life financial situation. Norrath and real life are 2 separate worlds...

I would appreciate that everything I pay, goes to Everquest 1 related development though, that is what I pay for...:)
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

8. Xerzist Augur

Yeah, lets keep giving them new ideas to milk players aside from actual content or stability upgrades... :rolleyes:
  9. Sobmre Augur

damn right. if they gets mo moneys we might gets mo content
    minimind and Tegila like this.
  10. bortage spammin lifetaps

dyeable hero's forge
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

Lol, this guy doesn't understand business.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

$med? Is that you?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I spend $214.87 + tax per account, per annum. ($1289.22/yr for all six)

That's MORE than enough to justify item merge, big bags, bank slots, new baz/trader system. In fact, it's likely more than I spend on any other form of entertainment.
    Vumad and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Tegila Augur

in all fairness, most people pay more than that PER game on their phones, they just don't realize it because "micro" transactions not mega ones. (i spent 3-4 times your yearly per-acct cost on a game jsut before i was able to get back to EQ..in a month's time...those microtransactions doget away from you. luckily in EQ you buy the dbc and then you have a visibly diminishing pool) I wish I had the $$ i put into that phone game now, I'd have bought 2 3 4 more FF preorders instead of standard(still can't upgrade grrr) and some bags since all my alts have horrid bags...like some using deluxe toolboxes at 110+ bad... and I wouldn't blow through it as quick or easy as on the phone (except on FF preorders and i debated that one a while before ordering the 1 i did)

That said...not one suggestion in this thread is about POWER so to Jumbur..your comment is irrelevant. No one is asking to buy raid gear or aas (at least not in this thread lol) or anythign else that ca/should/would otherwise require "effort"..it's all fluff. We all know we can buy sneakers for 10 bucks. we all know we can get socks 2 pr for a dollar. does that mean we dont drool over the $500 sneakers..that only look cool and have ZERO more functionality? (Or bags..hello gucci) People like to pay for aesthetics, taste, and individuality. Unlike other games that DO sell power (most of those phone games do so by selling speedups, others also sell loot flat out, eq only slightly does this with the not=awesome but still decent (and not permanent) xp pots. Now if you could spend 50 bucks and get permanent double xp? or 50% xp bonus? yeah that'd be pushign it (and people did exploit that with the RAF program) But these are mostly fun things, NONE are power things or actual gameplay things, and all the profit makes it more LIKELY (not a promise of course) to get more attention in the future, whereas less profit certainly means less attention.

some of the OP's list also seem to be suggestions for expansions hoenstly, but individual ideas have come up in numerous threads in the last month i've been reading, and except the 1 idjit and his buy aas for plat...its all been cosmetic and fun

the biggest difference yo ucan see with eq vs standard microtransactions OTHER than the poewr buy...is the increased cost. You don't spend $5 then the $5 deal is no longer avail(except some isolated things like the very first overseer pack) onlyy $10 packs then the $10 pack disappears and it's now only $20 packs, then $50 then $100, some games going as far as $200 packs..and most of them once you buy the first tier of each type of pack at $5 each, yo ucan't buy it again and have to go buy $20 the n$20 eq, so obvious and so predatory. like drugdealers
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Even if its only visual fluff, I still think my character deserves too look deliciously fabulous, even if his owner isn't rich...:p They could put it in the game as achievement rewards or something.

You are correct that DPG isn't as greedy as some other game-companies, I see no reason to change that. :) I totally get that some people want to flaunt their real-life wealth in their favorite online games, I just don't like it. Maybe Im just old-fashioned.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Teleport clickies
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'd pay a higher subscription cost if it would eliminate the marketplace.
    Astral64, Jumbur, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I would pay for more content.

More raids, more group missions/tasks.

I would like enough raids that our guild has to decide 'Ok, we don't have enough hours in the day - which raids should we do this week?'
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

I would pay in a kickstarter/Patreon-like way for a lot of things.

Say they make a EQ-kickstarter/Patreon for adding 2 more programmers to get rid of tech-debt, I would “patreon” that in a heartbeat.

I would pay that even in the periods when I am not subbed on my alts, because the money would to to what I think is important, not to fuel an EBIT-margen, or to launch an underwhelming expansion.

Please note that I don’t want it to be funded via Kickstarter or Patreon, I want Enad or Daybreak to build a vehicle for it.

The reason I would pay for this is that Everquest is more than a passing game for me, and I would want it to live a lot longer than me. For me it is a global cultural phenomenon that for 21 years has gone past distance and differences, and I would want that to be continually invigorated, I would like to think. that my future grandchildrem could explore Norrath.

Also, I don’t believe in an Everquest 3. Splitting the community (again) did not work the last time, and is is a misunderstanding of what the differentiator is for Everquest. Everquest’s value is its community, there is a continuity back to the early days. Its IP is nothing special, it is rather messy, and hard to grasp for most of its players. Also, I highly value the game engine, for all its flaws and imperfections.

So, things I would give Direct Support (tm) in a kickstarter/patreon-like way:
    - tech debt
    - quality of life improvements, most importantly a UI upgrade. It is very hard to read the text for a 50+ person on a 1440p ultrawide :)
    - performance fixes - servers, raids, etc
    - text-to-speech engine with unique configurations for every NPC in the game. As years goes by, this will become better and better. 100% opt in, it is not for everyone
    - graveyard/memorial for players passing away in RL. perhaps even with some character animations, the option for a p(l)ayer to record his voice, submit a short video, or write a text. Something to leave a small digital mark in the world
    - specific content, like for example Epic 3.0, a class specific ring, etc
    - a cross-over/Time travel engine, to let my toon explore EQ2 (would be “time travelling” to EQ2 with no gear, just some sort of toon stat/looks/xp/aa-conversion back and forth. Its an illusion... :).
    - DLCs
    - gfx revamps of specific zones in Classic
    - Discord integration (should be at the top of the list :)
    - fix for grievers... bot armies that swarm the location I am playing in

While this “ear marked revenue stream” does not drive EBIT directly, it would allow for increasing investment into the game, likely increasing long term profits, and likely growing market share.
    Goranothos and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  20. Bobokin Augur

It was a must have feature in DAoC.
    Fenthen likes this.