Sell us AA's for plat!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stageguy, Nov 16, 2020.

1. KrakenReality Augur

Alright, how do you accrue loyalty points then?

Also, people already convert $$ to AA/exp there are heroic characters and Krono. There’s literally a whole RMT economy built on that foundation.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They are an in game reward based on your account status. There is no other way to accrue them, you cannot buy them.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. KrakenReality Augur

How do you change account status?
  4. Leerah Augur

Fellowship XP sharing. Another good idea that was nerfed so badly it's not worth doing.
  5. Leerah Augur

LOL! Maybe if they put something worthy on her like Scuffed Wayfarer's backpacks!
  6. Leerah Augur

Fine, I expect a J10 that can tank well for me for that price.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I will rephrase that. ALL ACCOUNTS get loyalty tokens.

How MANY you get is based on account status ie: All Access and Silver get 120/week and F2P get 30/week.

So long as the account is a year old, prior to that they earn them in increasing increments.

So, yes you can get them without paying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Claiming that buying glyphs on the loyalty vendor is RMT, is like claiming that buying expansions from Darkpaw in order to have access to new AAs and items, is RMT.

It is "technically correct", that in order to have the most "up to date" power for you character, you have to pay real money. But no-one ever claimed that everquest was freeware. That is not what people are discussing here...:rolleyes:
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

I disagree that it's not worth doing. My main crew has all meaningful AAs. I can XP share on them because they won't miss the XP loss. Then I log in my alts, and get over 200 AAs in an hour or so.
    Captain Video and Skuz like this.
  10. Stageguy Lorekeeper

There are approximately 320 collections achievements in game as of ToV. At 115 you get 15AA for each achievement. Any newly leveled character can buy Krono, sell them for plat, and purchase collectables... to the tune of 4,800 AA's without leaving the bazaar. I expect this number to go up to around 5,400 after CoV is released.

If the ability to purchase more AA for plat means that DBG gets to sell even more Krono why wouldn't they do it? Powerlevelling services are already legally providing AA's and levels for Krono - it would not be anything new to the game. The only real difference is that it would be a great plat sink which can help stabilize the economy on a server, and that was the intent of the original post.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

To be honest, I think there are already too many plat-sinks in the game...I mean, Im a raider and a nonboxer, and I dont buy kronos. I have a hard time being able to afford a full set of tradeskilled raid gear with relevant type-3 augs(yes, a first-world-problem :p ), even if I farm the mats myself.
    Remember, us non-boxers actually group up with people when we do most of the stuff in the new expansions. That means we only get 1/6 of the vendor trash, and 1/6 of the "greed"-gear when we do "need-before-greed" loot-splitting. I get by, by aoe-farming in the grounds on occasion. But the fact that I have to farm grey-cons, just to make even is a balancing problem imo.

Yes, I know what they are trying to do. They are trying to drain the server for plat. but its kinda rough if you start an expansion without have much plat in the first place. :(
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Google it.
  13. trakk Lorekeeper

loyalty accrues on ftp accounts too. we all know there are heroics and ppl selling PLs for krono, but that wasnt what was being responded to in this post.
  14. KrakenReality Augur

The argument is AAs for platinum directly from DPG. You can acquire AAs such as glyphs that are purchasable from a vendor. It shows precedent for purchasable AAs with in-game currency.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

But that currency is not something that can be traded between players, and you can't affect the earning-speed by any ingame means.

Its more like an optional free soulbound glyph with a long cooldown...a bit like the veteran-AAs...
    Skuz likes this.
  16. trakk Lorekeeper

but not unlimited, not permanent aas, you cant jsut open your wallet and have max aas.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Arkanny Augur

Absolutely disgusting idea.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Angahran Augur

Why on earth do f2p accounts get loyalty coins ?
  19. Captain Video Augur

Because the majority of F2P accounts (that aren't simply holding mules) have subscribed at some point along the line. Giving those accounts a few loyalty points every month is an inducement to encourage them to re-subscribe. It's really no different than having short periods of free membership, which is commonly done in other MMOs.