ToV group content needs tuning down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Nov 25, 2020.

1. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

I am awake. Thanks for all the help. I have never been F2P. I have Snowbound Lego. I have mostly ac 40+ augs. I have mostly 105-to 110 level type 5 augs. I mentioned F2P because if you cant tank the present content in group gear, you will never buy the present expansions on your F2P account, at least as a tank. I notice some of you linking your stats and I see ac in the 25k range. How the hell is that attained.
  2. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

I have been on the progression servers for many years now. I am relatively new to The FV server ,where loot can be bought. Once again, thanks for the constructive and non constructive criticism. Im from Chicago where we can take a hit or two.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Don't let them bother you. Welcome to Live!

Lots of questions - but we need more info in order to give advice.

What you wielding? 2h, Dual, 1h + Shield?
    What buttons you pressing?
    What is your AA situation? All tanking AA maxed?
    What group? Merc? How many merc AA?
    How long are you standing upright? Getting one-shotted or mob just wearing you down?

We are willing to help, but there are simply too many variables in play to assist without more information. Thanks!
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Displayed AC in-game is different than the combined AC that Magelo shows.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

Tanks don’t work F2P due to gear and AA requirements.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

May just mean he doesn't have a regular group and doing a lot of soloing?
  7. trakk Lorekeeper

Well he answered: he's normally TLP, bit made a toon or transferred to FV. So it was more a wording thing. What I think his problem really is, in this case, is learning everything from wherever his TLP was capped at to modern day, and that can be a LOT depending on the TLP
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. trakk Lorekeeper

While I agree
    , I'm gonna not pick. Fully free: no. But gold here and there for the aas,with carefully chosen nonprestige augs(and gear but augs are harder nonprestige)? Sure it's doable just not recommended.
  9. Lubianx Augur

You didn't mention if you were Soloing, Moloing, in a group with a merc healer or in a group with a regular healer.

As a warrior, you won't be able to solo until in raid gear, and even then not for too long.
    Moloing (yourself and a healer merc only) will be difficult, but doable, until you get more AAs (and the merc tier would matter too).
    Again for a group with a merc healer the same issue with the moloing, will be dependent upon your AAs and possibly the merc level.
    If you had a group with a proper healer, as long as the healer is OK and not asleep, you should be able to tank fine.
  10. Yendar Augur

This is funny, I’ve been running through hunters on the new toons I made. I’m running a 30k AA bard and a 25kAA sham with a 100sk.. as well as the same 30k AA bard with a 19k AA ranger and a 91 rogue. I’m using a tank merc and 2 healer mercs with no AA’s in tanking and can consistently hold down 2 namer camps simultaneously.

ToV group content is a joke the T1 stuff is on par with how easy GMM was and needs to be tuned in the other direction if anything.
  11. DruidCT Augur

I must suck. My RoS group geared warrior has trouble in ToV tanking two mobs or a named even at 115. But he is missing a whole expansion worth of AA, gear and augs so I assume it will get easier. Just afraid I have to go back to and do TBL.
  12. Cadman Elder

ToV is tankable in Snowbound gear - my usual group worked through ToV first time round in Tier 3 Burning Lands group gear (which is comparable to snowbound) - progression completed before we'd finished levelling. We didn't upgrade anything till 115.
    Yendar and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  13. trakk Lorekeeper

30kaa bard is more than double autogrant, so a returnee unless not gone more than a year or two, would probably be quite behind. Idk if you were listing the bard/shm aas as shows of strength or weakness lol, but you didn't say either was tanking. Tanking is the subject, you have 2 healer mercs, slows, and crowd control. Idk what OP has beyond what he's wearing, and the aas on the nontanks has zero to do with the tank(idk how good tank mercs with top Merc gear are regardless of aas)
  14. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is the most useful response. Are you just walking up to a mob and hitting auto attack with a merc healer and hoping to win, since auto attack is all that was required to "tank 1 red in group gear" in content from 20 years ago? I'd suggest answering all of these questions and then you'll get much more constructive advice.
  15. Yendar Augur

I said I was using a tank merc with zero AA’s, I also leave my shaman pet tank with taunt on (only eok auto grant AA’s). These are brand new toons I started playing from 85 within the last couple months. I don’t think the game is supposed to be tuned for players without gear, or AA’s and are on F2P.. that means it would be boring as hell for everyone that has full gear, augs, AA’s etc, let alone people that have raid gear. Let’s say the game becomes tuned for this guy to be able to tank a yellow con as he’s asking. That means every raid geared caster will also be able to tank yellows better than him. Let alone SK pets, shaman pets, chanter pets, etc as they all already are able to tank a single mob in GD already just fine. We make the game easier, it’s easier for them too. I don’t think they want casters, or enchanter/shaman/sk pets tanking current content either.

I wasn’t comparing my situation to OP’s who is obviously way behind.. I was showing that the expansion is tuned very easily already.. you can do it in group gear, with low AA’s, without a tank, without merc AA’s, you don’t need much..
  16. Chorus Augur

Yes, it is tough, I tried it on my war with a mix of t1/t2 EoK gear. I skipped RoS and TBL completely. It is doable, but rough. I took a detour into gnome memorial mountain and picked up 6-8 slots worth of non-vis gear there, plus I picked up some tov t1 weapons in the bazaar for under 1k each. That was all that was needed for me to cross that hurdle, sounds like you just need some weapons and a couple weeks in GMM and you'll be good to go since your current gear is better than what I was using. It gets super easy once you get about 1/3 of your kit to t1 status, plus your AA out of older era up to current or 1 below. Once there, you'll change your mind about it needing tuned down.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is fine as it is, GD & EW are aimed at level 110 players, we all need somewhere to level up, I think CC and RM are also but Kael and Velks are a lot harder. Yes it is easier than TBL but that was a very hard expansion and the ease of this one made it doable for those who couldn't get much done in TBL and were only in RoS visables.

Its not that hard, just need to respect cons and go for blues and not reds, reds have for a long time been hard and need a group for most classes.
  18. Celephane Augur

This whole thread is silly. Asking for tuning a year later based on unclear parameters. The OP mentions the best gear for RoF, but then says that's not what he's wearing... mentions F2P, but then that he pays. He can't even describe what he's really doing... needs to take a deep breath and start over given some of the previous suggestions. Most will agree though, GD is not overtuned in any way.
    Dibab likes this.
  19. Yendar Augur

So over half the expansion is aimed at lvl 110 players.. and you actually think the tuning is fine? That doesn’t make much sense. In this expansion, you stay 110 for about 5 minutes. As soon as you complete the partisan or mercenary for any zone you will ding. Run through them all you’re 113. Run through the missions and you get a couple levels too. The majority of the expansion shouldn’t be tuned for the level cap of the previous expansion. It’s not just TBL that was more difficult. Try OT, SF, or other RoS zones at 105, they’re WAY harder than ToV at 110.. and you have to actually kill stuff to level up. You won’t get 115 just running through progression. EQ is getting easier and easier.. and in turn is becoming more monotonous & boring.
  20. trakk Lorekeeper

jsut what exactly do you think is entailed in progression? i mean other than the possible TAs for paragon...you dont think killing mobs is required? killing tougher mobs than normal zone trash in the missions (SOMEone has to kill them regardless who gets TAd)? oh yeah, forgot. progression isnt jsut running through a zone invis and ringing a buzzer at the end like this was american ninja warrior.

and eq is more apt to swing the pendulum back and forth.."easier and easier" would imply that TBL was easy too