ToV group content needs tuning down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ScreentimeInfinity, Nov 25, 2020.

1. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

A 112 warrior with top gear from RoF can't tank 1 yellow in Great Divide. This seems impossible. Why is it tuned so high? This seems alot like Gates of Discord when it came out. So, on Firiona Vie you would need 48 + krono to tank here? On any other server you would have to raid for months to do group content avoiding rares. Not only is this unfun but it does not encourage F2P people to buy the expansions if they cant play in it. Back in the days of old or on Progression servers you can tank 1 red in group gear. This seems totally borked.
    Kamor and Leerah like this.
  2. Monkman Augur

This is a joke right? No really..
    Fenthen, Yendar, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  3. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

I am new to the server with decent gear. Mobs are tuned way too high.
  4. Lubianx Augur

When you say decent gear, what gear are you referring to?

You mentioned F2P so it's either ToV Tier 1 Group or Conflagrant. You also didn't mention your type 7 augs or your type 5 augs.

I had zero problems tanking anything with TBL group gear at the start of ToV.
    Issk likes this.
  5. Conq Augur

Sounds about right, if you're wearing gear from 7 expansions ago. Armor pieces were 2000 - 2500 HP/Mana/End each? Versus ToV group droppable (non prestige called Snowbound) at 6500ish HP/Mana/End each. You can buy a full set of visibles on Tunare server for under 10k.
    Conq
    Tsavo likes this.
  6. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

I am wearing 110 or rec 115 required 110 gear.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ROF-COTF-TDS-TBM-EOK-ROS-TBL-TOV...

Upgrade your gear a bit and try again.. you are likely missing say 100khp
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. Dibab Augur

what is your gear called? because if you indeed have ROF gear that is the start of your problem.
    Second. How many AAs do you have? How have they been spent?

Third. How are you tanking? Sword and Board or?

Lastly. How are your augs?
  9. Windance Augur

Any time you come into a new expansion with old gear you can expect to get owned.

You will likely need to have a group and work on maxing out your defensive AA.

Everything is going to be harder if you are trying to do it F2P. Your gear, augs, and most importantly your AA are going to be next to nothing and it makes a huge difference.

Giants hit hard. Especially the frozen ones. Try something easier until you've got some more levels, gear, aa under your belt. Even then you will likely need more than just a healer merc to take the giants.
  10. Lubianx Augur

Misread the part about RoF gear.

That's your first problem there. RoF gear is so far behind you would get trampled.

If it does say 110/115 rec/req then it is ToV tier 1 and you shouldn't have an issue unless your augs ( 7s & 5s) are also way below par.

Also if you are FTP, I would check if your gear is "yellowed out". Top RoF gear is prestige so can't be used by F2P anyway, same with many augs.
  11. trakk Lorekeeper

This whole post has conflicting info so who knows. Maybe they meant RoS gear, then they upgraded. Maybe they are or aren't f2p with aas to match. If their was are RoF level, even maxed out..it's gonna suck too.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

RoF gear isn't 110 or 115 rec gear. It was level 95 gear. The droppable ToV gear you can't even give away has 6000 hp.

You're wrong. Period.
  13. trakk Lorekeeper

Or th
    Or they typod RoS, which did have 110.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, they typed RoF. And if they MEANT RoS, then it means they are just bad. None of it changes the fact that ToV most certainly does not need to be tuned down.
  15. Leerah Augur

MS guys, even in Beta, saying, "Harder, harder." :mad:
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't personally know anyone in live guilds or if I do I have been so long out of touch its much the same thing so disclaimer I would say not everyone in the top guilds is an elitist jerk, however certain folks will only gain satisfaction from being in the 1%

Of course for there to be a 1% content needs to be so hard 99% can't beat it, irrespective of whether an expansion like that is non-inclusive and would be very bad value for money for 99% so long as they get that 1% feeling for themselves at least it was a VFM expansion for them & they only care about themselves not the wider game.
    It's like having a badge saying you suck less than anyone else, and sadly they get the ear of the developers all too often because the majority of players don't have an interest in testing content in Beta or in pre-ordering to be able to because they lost interest in being that cutting edge.

If you aren't actively taking part in beta you kind of put yourself in the bracket of people who don't care enough to make a difference, at least you did take part in beta and hopefully you gave some constructive feedback of your own.
  17. trakk Lorekeeper

I said typod not typed, for a reason.
    And the complaining 2 weeks before CoV, that to needs tuning down is laughable, but not being able to tank well in tov in Ros gear doesn't make them bad, guess it depends if you mean bad player, bad strat for gearing, bad aas...or just whiney. I mean I heavent even tried tanking in tov bc I thought TBL was ridiculous in my tovt1 stuff, and I was once a raid tank and leader...but I'm most of 7 expansions worth of aas behind because I wasn't here. Does that make me bad? No. It makes me woefully behind. Does it make me come beg for returning? No. It frustrates me to see the mountain of aas I need to become relevant to current content again though. Maxed in RoF, though not still wearing that gear myself, I am still stuck not far past that era in the aas so if that's the case, I can certainly understand their frustration...but not the "needs returning" post. I was maxed out on the 49lvls of aas in RoF, plus the autogrants since then and the few I managed to farm since...bit I'm still about 30k in the hole from the last 15 levels.
  18. trakk Lorekeeper

Idk what your aas are, of you're f2p or have sucky aigs, bit try killing darkblues I stead of yellow. If the yellow was a named, then it's not a sign of tuning at all. If your aas are like mine, and way behind..it's not a sign of tuning. If you're f2p and are stuck without new aas to add, rkii+ discs etc or augs..it's not a sign of tuning. If you're in the 70% as count or higher, are gold and have all your current discs, decent augs, etc..it could still be not tuning but playing skill...either way, asking to retune in the last 2 weeks based on 1 mob and with NO details of your tanking resources...it's just whining. Have you tried TBL mobs? Go find ayellow there..or a white I'm sure you can find a white.. compare the two then come back with more information, or ghost your own thread and just do better in general.
  19. trakk Lorekeeper

New to the server? Servers aren't tuned differently for the same content so what does this have to do with anything.
  20. trakk Lorekeeper

RoF maxed at 100, not that it was a lot better than the 95 gear unless it was raid