Blessed Coldain Shawl... in VELIOUS!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by BigYedan, Nov 23, 2020.

1. BigYedan New Member

All you have to do is find a GM who doesn't know what they're doing, ask for the Etching Tools that Meg Tucter won't give you, and boom!

https://imgur.com/a/eMNlUIq
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

What's wrong with Aid Grimel?
  3. Coletricklw Journeyman

Honestly, I have to give respect to being smart enough to exploit the lack of game knowledge most GMs have. That, or the person really didn't know it isn't in era and thought it was a bug... but I doubt it.
    jeskola likes this.
  4. Xhartor Augur

Now SK need to see if they can sucker a GM into spawning a pile of fleshless bones during Luclin.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For those that wondered why GMs didn't want to help them when their epic quest ate turnins, look no further.

On this topic, are the temp GMs fired now that Aradune is 6 months in as they originally timetabled?
    Miss_Jackie and Duder like this.
  6. Monkman Augur

They should make the OP (if that's who the recipient of the shawl was) do the entire questline over again. GM's have enough real issues to deal with let alone being played by the players they are out to help.
    Funky, klanderso and Miss_Jackie like this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

Is that all you have to do? How do I request a specific GM? Can I get a list of the dumb ones?
  8. jeskola pheerie

Sounds reasonable to me - after all, the GM of the game didn't know it isn't in era, and the quest is still tagged Velious on Alla.
  9. Machen New Member

I can't imagine how horrible it must be to be hired as a GM for this game. No amount of training could prepare a GM to be an Everquest expert and know across 27 expansions how thousands of quests work, not to mention hundreds of thousands of items, and which era they are supposed to belong to.
  10. Yasi Journeyman

Or just good editing skills.
  11. Thewiz Augur

Yeah that screen shot alone does not convince me either.
  12. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Neflix had a documentary, "High Score" where one of the episodes went over Shaun Bloom becoming a Nintendo Game Play Counselor and how they knew like nothing about the games because there were too many games to have an answer for every situation.
  13. Lilyedan Ownz'Yu New Member

Yeah pretty sus. Someone pretending to be me posting a third person inspection and being disrespectful to GM's on a brand new fourms account and an anonymous imagur post....
  14. Coletricklw Journeyman

So, are you denying that you have the 8th shawl?
  15. Lilyedan Ownz'Yu New Member

No, I'm not denying anything. I 100% have the shawl. The tools were obtained legitimately; the shawl is legitimate. I didn't bamboozle some GM. I went to the place and said the correct words and received my tools. Plenty of websites that state how to get the tools. Common misconception that this shawl isn't to be completed in Velious but you'll not find anywhere official stating such.

My point was more so that this hater doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, and just wanted to clarify that they are in fact not me. But remember kids, don't worry about the haters because that means you made it and don't worry about them hating either; that's their job. You don't want to take their job away because the only thing worse than a hater is an unemployed hater.
  16. Seinna New Member

So whats the correct phrase then? "I need a set of etching tools" doesn't work when it always did once Luclin opened up.
  17. JimboBobJimBobJimbo New Member

I'm sorry I don't really believe you. I was unable to do this on Mangler in velious. Two hours after luclin launch I was able to get the tools. I doubt there are two correct phrases with only one working in velious.

It's always possible that something was changed or broken, but it's been this way for a long time so I'm not much of a believer.
  18. xaga Elder

please tell us ... since you figured out the secret words to a quest.. what is it... if you did it legit we should all be able to match it?
  19. jeskola pheerie

WTS secret words, 30kr
  20. xaga Elder

https://imgur.com/a/QFCYSBz

i call shenanigans

if this is not the case and the quest truly works and you did this legit - GMs need to fix it. if you are full of it.. just admit it :p