Fixed Floating Pouch Particle Effect

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Imukai, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Imukai Augur

I want to say this started with the April patch but not entirely sure.

There will occasionally be a floating bag - the small pouch you normally see when you drop something on the ground - centered on a mob for a few seconds.

If I had to guess, it is the spell particle effect for -- well I don't know what -- that is showing as a bag instead of whatever glittery sparkles it is supposed to be. I don't think it is a beastlord spell though since I only see it in raids (I play a BL).

It exists, sorry I can't pinpoint it though.
    Kroolhand78, Tropi, Grabatz and 6 others like this.
  2. Conq Augur

Seent it too
  3. Duder Augur

It seems to be a placeholder for certain things. Shaman splash always drops them. I think it was the April update too, was that 2 patches ago? Anyway, 2 patches ago I think.
  4. Prathun Developer

This is a known issue. It can be reliably reproduced with certain spell particle effects.
    Duder and Yinla like this.
  5. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Will it be fixed with the upcomming patch?
  6. Prathun Developer

No, I don't believe this was addressed for the June update.
  7. Grabatz Lorekeeper

Indeed, my gnome mage is still finging a pouch (of gnome poo?) at his opponent, when casting Meteoric Bolt! :eek:
  8. Moege Augur

Is it on fire ? or does that come later.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

I always try to pick them up hoping that someone dropped something really cool, like a stack of stat food or something else.
  10. Hegsheoshed Augur

I still see this now using the Adamantite Bo Stick. Not sure if this was fixed for other spells. Leaving the Blued-Two Handed Hammer where it is. They have a weird habit of disappearing from inventory.
  11. Malbro Augur

I use a velium infused battle staff and I get this also, also with a velium enhanced, raid, battle staff.
  12. Duder Augur

All rains cause it, even ones from mobs.

I presume you have a shaman healer? Swell produces one as well. The proc itself from the weapons noted isn't a rain or placeholder type spell.
  13. Malbro Augur

Nope, merc healer. Only one account here. Hmmm, I have grouped with a druid recently and she uses rain type spells.