Lag on Bristlebane is out of hand

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Duder, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Duder Augur

Since the last patch Bristlebane has been extraordinarily laggy. Beyond it's norm. In the late afternoon zoning times range in the 2-5 minute range (If you are lucky and don't get disconnected while zoning.) Tell lag explodes to the point that you can not have a conversation via tells. The raid tool becomes unworkable. This lag persists for numerous hours and is out of the ordinary for Bristlebane, which is typically laggy as heck, but still playable. Every night now it becomes absolutely unplayable unless you are staying in one zone and doing very little.
    Bigstomp, Voxvixen, Leigo and 4 others like this.
  2. Xerzist Augur

I very much agree... the lag is just constant and it wares on you. Even before beta, it has been on and off regularly.

- Zoning should not take 2+ minutes
    - Tells should not take 10 - 25 seconds to appear and receive/send
    - Ability input lag is obviously a problem, albeit, sometimes I don't know if its me or the game

I'm gonna take a wild guess that we have multiple in-game servers on one server. I don't frankly remember EQ being this lag ridden in the past...

I now speak the language of qq, ree, qq. :rolleyes:
    Duder and Smokestorm like this.
  3. Celephane Augur

beta raids have been amazingly lag free, Bristle has been horrible
    Bigstomp, Voxvixen and Duder like this.
  4. Try Hard New Member

The lag is worse than the TLP's earlier this year.
    Voxvixen and Duder like this.
  5. Duder Augur

Am unable to send parcels right now, the items keep getting returned with a could not deliver note.

[IMG]

Character has been zoning for 15 minutes, going to close the client and attempt to reconnect.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Seems to be a "Laggy server" rotation, was FV then Phinigel then another server & now Bristlebane.

Is every server getting a turn at being the lagged out to hell one?
  7. Ironkeg New Member

Lag has been rough since Beta servers went up. But today, it's particularly bad for me. When I move, I keep "snapping back" to where I started more or less. PITA, basically unplayable for me right now.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

Rubber banding has been occuring on bristle since at least June. Not always, but it has become more noticeable over the last 2 months
    Nennius and Duder like this.
  9. Riou EQResource

Well it is the 3rd highest pop server and it seems like it has been trending upward, probably in prep of the Expansion
  10. Leigo You come here often?

I'll give you that. However, Darkpaw needs to reallocate resources as they seemingly took some away from live to offset the tlp issues earlier this year.
    Riou and Duder like this.
  11. Duder Augur

I agree with that. When they "fixed" Aradune's problems, Bristlebane's increase in lag was immediately noticeable.
  12. Raccoo Augur

Rubber banding seems to be mainly in TOV zones. In scorched woods I can get a full extended window of mobs and not have any rubber banding. It could be that SW is mostly empty of other players, has less mobs, or maybe the new ice shader is causing extra lag in TOV zones?
  13. Zolav Augur

If launch is like this I do not know if I will have the patience to stick it out. I hear some PU raids were cancelled last night due to this.

I can deal with a lot, unplayable servers isn't one of them :(
  14. Voxvixen Journeyman

It seems to scale with peak times (6-7 PM PST).

Heard rumors that it is somehow correlated with beta server stuff (beta is down, BB server is ok?)

It is borderline unplayable with no dependable communication or ability to zone. Trying to get a quest or do a task add is almost impossible. Achievements take forever, like they are waiting for mail in ballots.

Oddly, play within a zone vs many mobs is seemingly fine and unaffected. Some players thus may not experience it at all.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Tappin Augur

It’s not just BB that’s having troubles... Doing anything on live during prime time is met with disaster almost every time. Can’t even summon a merc without waiting for a few minutes for it to spawn and then you have to pray it doesn’t instantly despawn.
  16. dwish Augur

Like someone above me posted, this issue seems to be jumping from server to server. Just as recent as a week ago, FV was extremely laggy as the OP describes, and it was so for about 3 weeks and has just returned to normal recently. Very strange.
  17. Dibab Augur

Bonus? itll take you longer to get Rays tells to HIT YOUR COP
  18. Bigstomp Augur

Seems laggy for the past few weeks. Very slow zoning times, I think sometimes people just assume they crashed and kill the client via task manager it's so bad (which doesn't help since then you have to start zoning again).
  19. Slide New Member

Came on here to say the same thing. Lag is making this game, on Bristlebane at least, unplayable. Why release a new expansion if you aren't going to invest the money in servers so people can actually play the game? I had some hope JChan could make some positive changes but I'd guess her hands are tied by the people that handle the money and don't see the impact on the game.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Lag from FV must be contagious ;) Seems related to when they started beta maybe its taking too much bandwidth or something /shrug

Andarriel