Returning player locked out for 2 days

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ceruan, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Ceruan New Member

I finally was able to download the game...actually logged in this afternoon...tried to log in my second account and eq locked. Now I lock on a black screen after I choose server and hit play every time...on both accounts. any ideas?
    Molteg likes this.
  2. Eknhomaht Journeyman

No clue, sorry, just make sure you have direct x 9 installed and I also suggest compatibility with windows 8 or 7
  3. Ceruan New Member

Direct x was part of the eq install and I have windows 10
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  4. Molteg New Member

The same thing started happening to me since playing around 3pm EST today. The only thing I remember changing prior to this was during my previous session I switched to full screen resolution. I'm on Live, on Windows 10, and using the client from the website. I get a black windowed screen of the game after I try to login to a server. No other window can be on top of the black windowed, not even task manager, and I have to reboot my PC. I've rebooted my PC several times and reinstalled the client but none of that helped.
    Eknhomaht likes this.
  5. Molteg New Member

I was able to get the game to work properly again by right clicks my start menu shortcut for the game, clicking properties, going to the compatibility tab, and checking run as administrator and also disable fullscreen optimizations. Hope this helps!
    Eknhomaht and Svann2 like this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

see same post's response in bug forum for other ideas