Fixed Error downloading the game.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by VictorBlackForge, Nov 11, 2020.

1. ken-b New Member

got new computer I'm a gold member for over 20 years tried to down load eq and nothing happened.
    lets get it fixed boys
    Myist and Naterbater like this.
  2. Naterbater Journeyman

Fix it. Disable new memberships until you fix it.
  3. magpies145 New Member

Been away for 7 years came back and find that a server down takes days?Thats really totally messed up, how do you expect to get people to shell out money to pay if you cannot give them a server they choose to play on?
    Naterbater likes this.
  4. Soar New Member

I'm sitting here with 3 computers playing three accounts. Today I decided to reactivate an old account. Got out another cable and hooked an old computer to the broadband (computer still had EQ on it). I have 3 computers, all connected by cable to the same router. The new setup is giving me the same Unable to download SocketError error that others here have reported, yet three other computers are playing it fine. I am unable to download a fresh copy of the game as the "Download the Game" link does absolutely nothing when I click on it, and if I try to open the link in a new tab or window it gives a Not Found 404 error. The Download issue is present on all 5 computers in my home. Any idea what I can do to fix this or do I need to wait for a miracle Daybreak cure?
    Naterbater likes this.
  5. iZealot Lorekeeper

Type this into your Windows Explorer with your EQ file path (WIN +E)

C:\Games\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme
  6. Naskin New Member

I tried that on Wednesday. Didn't work. I can either get into the client with this method, but the game won't connect because it's not correctly updated, or in launcher it doesn't connect.
  7. Drakang Augur

Yep if you behind a patch it does not work.
    Naterbater likes this.
  8. Naterbater Journeyman

Day three now. They have your money. No big deal.
    RatFink979 likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

$1.50
    Naterbater likes this.
  10. Wicked_old Journeyman

Any eta on this would be great.
    RatFink979 and Naterbater like this.
  11. Naterbater Journeyman

post from EQ2 forums by dreamweaver:
    As of 8:55 AM PST, the issues with our CDN Provider are still ongoing and being worked on by our ops and engineering teams. There is no ETA at this time.

Note it contains

-No ETA
    -No info on how they will address it
    -No info on workaround(s)
    -No info on why it's now been like this for three days
    -No info on any solution other than waiting for other people to fix it
    -No info on why they allow new users to purchase memberships that are completely worthless

Unsat.
    RatFink979 likes this.
  12. runione New Member

I'm baffled I can get on eq on 3 computer but not on this computer I get the socket error on this computer? How can I get online on 3 of my 4 computers but not on 1?
    Soar and Naterbater like this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

14. Naterbater Journeyman

Crazy, huh? And no update other than there is no update.
  15. Malbro Augur

Why does EQ1 not get the same level of feedback as EQ2?????
    Naterbater likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

It may be time for them to change CDN providers. I did find a post giving the name of the purported CDN provider. I won't post it here because I can't verify the info. But, if the post is correct then I am curious because they show no outages on their support website. In any case, this outage is yet another black eye.
    Naterbater likes this.
  17. Drakang Augur

If your EQ is patched up then you can get on. If its not patched up then you can't because you can't download the patch. Can't bypass the patcher if your EQ is out of date either.
    Soar, Naterbater and CatsPaws like this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Simple as this. And no new installs can be used right now as they also need the patch even if your going thru Steam.
    Naterbater likes this.
  19. Naterbater Journeyman

Agreed. If their CDN hasn't fixed the issue after THREE DAYS, they need to find a more reliable one.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

TBH, I don't know the nature of the issue and I don't know what's being done. Is three days a long time to solve an issue like this? My experience with a CDN is very limited. But, it is yet another example of poor communication from Daybreak. It joins a very long history of such things.

I might suggest that many/most of your players are pretty rational and reasonable and further that if you were able to share more of the difficulties with this issue, and other issues, you might win us over more completely. Involve us! Speaking only for myself, I don't expect perfection. But, pass along enough information to convince us that the issue is serious and that serious efforts are being take yo rectify it. It is a game after all. A leisure time activity. It is an addiction, err highly attractive and involving thing that I have enjoyed for more than 20 years. Sigh, I am getting old.

It would be bad form to give players a reason to not be involved. It is a rather competitive market. You need more customers.
    Naterbater likes this.