Fixed Internally Wierd aug from evolving boots

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by druid_wombat, Nov 12, 2020.

1. druid_wombat New Member

I finally managed to evolve my Golden Efreeti boots on three of my alts this morning.

On two of the toons I spotted an aug called Magma (screenshot below) which I was able to remove and put in inventory. [IMG]

The two toons both had a Magma Stone PS and the third toon which was not affected had a Scorpikis Worry Stone (with 0% power).

I was able to update the boots to Platinum Efreeti Boots withoout any issues and the stats looked correct.

Shout if any more info is needed :)
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

It's a known issue when an evolving item gains an additional aug slot, they may not be able to do anything about it, or it would be a complicated code fix that may not be worth the effort. The hidden aug that gets inserted for the PS moves to the ornament slot because of the array indexing of the augs. There's no further effect on the item, and you cant do anything with the PS aug.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Fixing it will pop out augs for everyone that owns the boots at those levels. While they are not immediately lost, they could be if you zone without getting them off your cursor and into bags or the boots.
    Because of this, I've been leery of fixing it.

So the fix is "simple" but has some risk for players, so I've been leery.

I'm not sure if I'm going tot put "Not Going To fix" or if I'm going to wait a few more years when less players are wearing theses and make the fix. Or just make the fix and hope for the best. For Sure, not the November patch
    druid_wombat likes this.