Vote to have Twitch.tv add a P99 category so we don't have to look at them in the Everquest category

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aames, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Aames New Member

2. Bardy McFly Augur

That's not true at all. Maybe you don't play on TLP, but plenty of people come back from P99 to check them out.
  3. Tegila Augur

i only sorta tried p99 due to itnernet issues..for about a month and it wasnt p99 but my own server, which was fun at first. being able to create items and quests but you know what i did? i tried to add in and update all the npcs, gear, and quests to the point id last played real live EQ, bc im sorry, but i hate old (pre-pop? idk what my cutoff for calling it old since i started in tss or tbs and did a TON in PoP and later) EQ.

i still absolutely hate the enormous expanses of the old old zones- especially the ones they keep remaking for expansions because then i have ot keep running across them. the last expac i played start to finish was RoF. guess what: EW that seems to take forever to run across because its just a buncha snow and the scenery all looks the same- and of course its a huge ancient zone, CC with all the winding maze tunnels that will never make sense to me, and i forget the other reused stuff bc it didnt annoy me so much (kael), but at least there was a lot of new too. I came back briefly in RoS and got some reruns again= some of which were big bland old zones, some big old but not so bland old zones, now ToV has yet again: EW (and again Kael, but other different reruns) and CoV>..guess waht: EW and WW and more. If these old annoying and boring zones being reused over and over werent also being improved with new stuff and with modernized eq, i cant say id want to play any of them. IIRC, the reuse of zones began back in SoD, and it's (almost) never stopped. SoD reused almost every zone in it, some renamed. UF i think reused one otherwise just used old ones for access, HoT reused some, modernized some, and made some new, VoA i dont think reused but i am (not as bad as biden) a bit senile lol, RoF reused and made new, CotF reused and then recycled others somewhat into newish, TDS reused (but not old zones this time so other than katta which i always hated itself, i was ok with that. i loved TBS) TBM again reused or..moreso extrapolated and upcycled old content- which i did like what PoP i did so im kinda ok with that (i may have tds and tbm out of order, i was late to the party) EoK i dont even know the difference between it and RoS but by the name i can bet it included reused zones yet again (frontier mountains was eok not ros, wasnt it? but thats not a big boring expanse, its a big unboring expanse lol) then there was..TBL which idk anything about whatsoever, and ToV and CoV i already discussed.

reusing stuff here and there is ncie, it gives some nostalgia, but doing it NONSTOP gets particularly irritating. at least STOP REUSING THE SAME ZONES MULTIPLE TIMES. sorry, idk which words to deemphasize there lol. but, as much as i hate seeing those big huge boring old zones like EW, and teh big maze tunnel zones (cant think of them offhand other than CC but i know there were several i despised) reused, especially repeatedly...i hate playing in them under original terms a lot more. some people i guess like that sorta thing, replaying ancient content over and over, thus TLP, P99, etc, but theres only so many times you can read the Pokey Little Puppy before you have to graduate to and Jane, then to Huckleberry Finn, Count of Monte Christo, Shakespeare, and the Ilead and Odyssey. Those that like reading their little golden books as adults, thats fine, but i dont wanna open Homer or Lovecraft and find the pages replaced with my golden books.
    Elyssanda, Marton and Nadisia like this.
  4. Nadisia Augur

I do agree with you Tegila.
    A little bit of copy/paste is fine from time to time, but for some zones, it's way too much.

Crystal Caverns, Kael for Velious, for RoF, and now with ToV ... o_O please stop. .
    I used to love these zones, but now, even with some changes, I'm just fed up.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Strawberry Augur

Twitch doesn't distinguish between emulation and "official" versions of a game.

When you click The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, you have streamers playing
    -official old NES versions
    -unofficial emulated versions
    -unofficial GitHub translated versions
    -time trial versions
    -random loot versions
    etc

They are all under the same category.

Regarding Everquest. I see currently 12 streams total. I already said Twitch doesn't subdivide games, but there is no point for Twitch to subdivide them into other categories to begin with, there are far too few streamers.

Twitch DOES sometimes add categories on player requests. Twitch for example added Catalonian from Barcelona to the language options to distinguish it from Spanish spoken in Madrid, this was a player request. But Twitch is also very inconsistent in this, Spanish from Latin American doesn't have its own section for example, even thought players requested it.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Mixer when it existed actually had a category for every single EQ Expansion.

It was pretty funny considering I don't believe anyone ever used a single one of them.
  7. Sobmre Augur

every time i hear about p99 i am reminded about how bad daybreak business model is and just lol to myself with a tear in my eye.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

P99 which is not run as a business (and cannot be) reminds you that EQ is a business?

This logical fallacy was brought to you by the number "orange" & the word "3"...

I guess you cry about anything that isn't free, your house must have a river running through it.
    Bardy McFly and code-zero like this.
  9. Sobmre Augur

guess you didn't get it, my comment hinted that daybreak allows p99 to give people for free what they have to pay for from daybreak.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

I’ve never enjoyed watching something fail so much before. This will never happen, no one watches live EQ streams.

P99 and other emulated Everquest servers are only becoming more popular.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

By no one, do you mean streams who have <500 viewers?

Lots of people watch EQ live streams. Even recorded ones.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Okay, then I guess I misunderstood so I take back the crying remark.

That said EQ has a F2P mode albeit with a lot of limitations but it lets you play for free way past where P99 lets you play to.
    Tegila and code-zero like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What part of the first few expansions of EQ requires paying daybreak a dime?
  14. Sobmre Augur

to enjoy classic eq you can pay daybreak for tlp access or download p99 .........
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Or you can play on live servers completely free, though you'll have mercs available you don't have to use them, though you'll have very few to no other players along the way until you are at heroic levels (85+) EQ Live has a lot more QoL than P99 ever will, though some choose to eschew those features.
  16. Maedhros High King

Uh wrong.
    Zak is pretty popular. I think its all the hipster music though!
    https://www.twitch.tv/zaknaffein_warrior
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Celephane Augur

Those 2 things are nothing alike, TLPs have so much modern EQ still in them...but yeah they do give the classic feel with their limitations
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Hello, I'm trying to use this p99 thing to do what you say and get the same thing daybreak provides. However, I am having a technical issue. Perhaps you can help. It seems on p99 I'm only able to access the original zones and 2 expansion packs. How do I access the other 25 expansion packs? Also, I'd like to do instanced raid content for the older expansions so I don't have to compete with 24/7 neckbeards for week long spawns. Could you please let me know how to do that on p99 since they provide the same thing for free that daybreak charges 10 bucks a month for? Thank you very much for your assistance in troubleshooting this issue!
    Tegila and Skuz like this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

The op of this thread makes me laugh..

IF.. P99 was as popular as they imply.. what need of eq lives population do they need ?

If Nobody comes here from P99 .. but everyone leaves here for P99..

It makes little sense to come here and literally beg for help to create their own channel.
  20. Tegila Augur

Or just play f2p and ignore lategame expansions