Fixed Internally chat channels, friends list still missing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Scila, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Narye Augur

Channels dropping again.. or should that be.. STILL?
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

in a week it will be 2 months+/-
  3. Narye Augur

I'm sorry Ely, but - I'm glad it's not just me..
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Celephane Augur

I didn't have this issue when it first started, but about 2 weeks later I started losing my channels. My friend's list is not affected...well except when channels break game wide
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I sent Dreamweaver a list of all serverwide chat channels that are (*mostly) public that I knew of.
    I know some are no longer in use, but I figured he could pass the list on to the Platform people so they could check for themselves rather than needing screenshots showing the channels were still failing.

serverwide.eqresource:eqresource
    serverwide.eqtraders:eqtraders
    serverwide.bards:bards
    serverwide.beastlords:beastlords
    serverwide.berserker:berserker
    serverwide.cleric:cleric
    serverwide.druidsgrove: password (very original here hmm??)
    serverwide.enchanter:enchanter
    serverwide.magicians:fluffy
    serverwide.monkly:business
    serverwide.necrotalk:necrotalk
    serverwide.paladins: paladins
    serverwide.outrider: outrider (for Rangers)
    serverwide.rogue:rogue
    serverwide.sk:sk
    serverwide.crucible:crucible (for Shaman)
    serverwide.thesteelwarrior:thesteelwarrior
    serverwide.graffe:graffe (for Wizards)
    serverwide.eqwizards:eqwizards
  6. Malbro Augur

My chat channels that are going away are not the serverwide channels. They are the one made for guild officers etc.
  7. Blyster New Member

It seems the statement above is referring to local chat channels? What course of action should we take if we are still having issues around losing access to local chat channels and the Universal Chat service constantly? I know this is still happening to many people per some of the other posts.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

Please send me all the details in a DM so I can add it to the ongoing issue we are tracking with this.
  9. Malbro Augur

chat channels worked yesterday but were very laggy. Today they still go poof after logging in / zoning.
  10. Narye Augur

ok -
    Deleted and replaced all the files suggested in the email
    deleted and reinstalled my UI (btw default doesn't work either)
    Replaced my router
    Opened up port forwarding

next?
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Narye, it's NOT on your end.. it's on EQ's end. they know this.
  12. Symbius Augur

I've given up. Haven't had channels in weeks. Still does the same thing. Says connected on login or zone, then vanishes.

Pretty pathetic.
  13. Malbro Augur

Same here.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Never Give up! Never Surrender!
  15. Celephane Augur

it seems like a UDP issue, but with so many having the issue it surely can't be so many users having corrupted files or whatever
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

they know its a problem with the universal chat system
    they did an update to the UCS, to fix a few problems, and gave nearly everyone the problems ..
    Rondor likes this.
  17. Grand New Member

Yes I have contacted CS no help there. It happens on all my toons no matter what toon I have logged in or what computer I'm using to play on. If it were just 1 toon ya on that toon is messed up but when you have 5 accounts and it happens no matter what account you have logged in.
  18. Immortalus Lorekeeper

No mention of it but is there any chance this gets resolved in today's patch or have you just abandoned it? This has been going on for 2 months for some people.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Symbius Augur

Kind of makes me wonder if it's an ISP thing. I've logged in accounts that other people have working just fine and for me it does the same thing with dropping chat channels.

Or certain parts of the country. I won't pretend to know how the whole Universal Chat system works, but it seems impossible for it to be an account thing if someone else in a different part of the country can make that same account work just fine, but I cannot.
  20. Marton Augur

Serverwide channels ever coming back?

Or is it like Account to Account transfers ...