Quick Time fixed,, Roflmao uhh.. no..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fnyyen, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Fnyyen New Member

k so Quick Time is sure as heck not fixed remove the dang 0.5 sec cast time crap buff and beef up the rest of it to make up for the cast time lost and call it done. the de-sync issue is seriously frustrating especially when trying to maximize dps

or add a command that will fix the spell bar lock issue.
    Moege and Duder like this.
  2. Yendar Augur

It’s even worse for classes that are healing and instead of just not maximizing some dps, the tank dies because it took them a second to realize there spell wasn’t casting & clear it.
    Moege, Duder and Nadisia like this.
  3. Drakah UI Designer

I just unblocked Quicktime this last nite thinking it was fixed... we did a raid and just like before, I was unable to cast anything.
    Duder and Yendar like this.
  4. Heajol Augur

Hi all, my boxed bard is level 114 (ROF bonus is active on her). She has 22kish AA now and I'm wondering if it's time to level her to 115 and stop artificially gimping my group's killing efficiency. Anyway whenever I do get there I assume it's best to leave the last rank of Quick Time until last to level up? The buff does look nice, but not if it's going to make me need to spend a whole lot more attention to my bard who's being boxed. It would be very nice if this was fixed.
  5. Fnyyen New Member

i would suggest getting ur bard maxed level asap, bards atm do decent dps as for the final rank of Quick Time, until they fix it, it might be best to get it and just leave it alone. for the time being its a waste of space and atm, RL's on my server have banned the use of it. anyone saying "spell bar locked" or Quick time used. gets the bard removed from raid. so /ehh dont use.
  6. Sancus Augur

That's an aggressively draconian way to deal with an AA that provides a net DPS increase for the group regardless of the spell gem lockout bug.
  7. Fnyyen New Member

whelp when a healer gets hit by the lockout bug and wipes a raid several times, and are told several times not to use changes got to be made.
  8. Heajol Augur

Well I have Quick Time 18/19 on my bard. It's only the last rank that seems to be bugged.
  9. aozs Augur

Couldn't you just have the healers block it?

As far as I can tell the bug affects classes with 0.5sec spells that become instant during QT, so most classes won't have issues
  10. Bigstomp Augur

It can be worked around. I would like it to be totally fixed but maybe your healers and bards could communicate so it does not cause a big issue.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

I don't get tossed in a dps group often enough to say, but I am willing to bet most dps groups would mutiny if they were told 'no quick time for you!'
  12. Slasher Augur

not really you get HHE from other classes.
  13. Cadira Augur

Yeah, screw the massive uptime on quick times HHE used in-between bl dichos and superior to warcry, screw the massive attack increase stacked on burns, screw the extra chance to hit, and screw bls and rangers being able to instant cast nukes for 4 mins at the cost of having to use an aa after qt ends.
    Nniki, Syylke_EMarr, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Those that have issues with it can easily block it just like any other buff.
    /blockspell add me 37138
    Nniki and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  15. Slasher Augur

Not saying that at all. Just saying melee can do without it in most situations if its an issue for rest of the raid.
  16. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Kicking a Bard for using QT because it causes issues for some people is like kicking a Paladin for casting Brell's because most people want Strength instead.
  17. Zolav Augur

Do you.. and man I hate to say it but I have to... dumbazzes know how much adps QT adds for most classes especially melee...

If your RL has you block QT and bans a Bard from the raid for using it.. Look us up over on Bristlebane.. Reckless Ascension.. we will gladly welcome any and all Quicktime casting Bards to our raid force.

As a former Bard main if I was told NOT to use QT I would be like.... see ya! I mean come on guys do you even EQ?

if its a problem for your class, block it.. if not... don't block it.. BAM problem solved.
  18. Jennre Band Leader

Quicktime exacerbates the actual issue. I don't think the issue is with Quicktime, more like Quicktime exposes the underlying issue.
  19. Zolav Augur

This nails it... How the problem happens so sporadic it seems like if it lines up just right.. (or wrong you could say too) with a server tick end or beginning that could be a trigger point for the issue.
  20. Nniki Augur

Niente mentioned during one of her recent livestreams that all the spell bar lockup issues are likely related. It ends up in a situation where it thinks it's still waiting on the cast action or something like that to be cleared off the stack.