Weapon Ornament Request, Round Two

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

Is there an ETA on this list being implemented? I'm not looking for a hard date just something! super excited with the possibility of most of these ornaments!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There's no ETA for these. With everything else that's been going on lately, I wouldn't expect them for at least a month or two if I had to guess, possibly even longer. This is a side project Ngreth is doing on his own outside of his normal workload, so it's not exactly a high priority. He did manage to implement the last round faster than I expected and we tried to cut the work down on him this time around, so he could surprise us :)
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Proximoe Elder

Leex likes this.
  4. dubblestack Elder

Andarriel likes this.
  5. Braveheart Augur

Bumping for Dsaele from Bertox
  6. Caster Lorekeeper

Did anything ever move forward with additional weapon ornamentations, or did the proposal go into the black hole? I had been running overseer tasks for some of the new proposed ornaments but haven’t logged in for several months.
  7. Karhar Dream Crusher

Issk and ForumBoss like this.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They haven't been added yet, this is a side project that's being worked on when time permits. With everything that's been happening lately, I imagine they've been on the back burner for now. I was hoping to see them before the new expansion came out but not sure if it will happen by then.

The final list with votes tallied has already been submitted. That shield was already on the list and the highest voted shield as well, so there's a decent chance that it will be one of the included ornaments.

After the next round of ornaments are implemented, we can probably start a new list with the ones that didn't make the cut this time and any new requests. Maybe try and keep the thread/voting open a little longer next time to give everyone a chance to see it and make requests/votes.
    Krool and Winnowyl like this.
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

understand that Ngreth's wife, Denmother Niami of EQTraders, just got home from the hospital after Cancer surgery .. (Check EQtraders.com) So his life is more than a little hectic at this time I am sure.
    minimind likes this.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah. Currently, I am totally swamped.

I may be able to assign it to an apprentice we have, but I can;t promise that yet.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We all forgive you in advance if it takes until 2021, if it means we receive an expansion mostly on time in 2020. Just please, don't do anything annoying to people that stock up on currency in advance. <3 u Mr. Ogre.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I also can't promise where I place this. So don't stock up too much?
    It may be marketplace, it may be overseer merchant, it may be anniversary. It could be a mix

The original plan has always been marketplace, but the team (all of us) decided that Overseer was new and thus needed more of a spotlight, at the time of the last release.
  13. KermittheFroglok Augur

Thank you for being transparent with that. Ngreth, I just want to call out that many of us appreciate how open and communicative you are on these types of things. I think your interaction makes me enjoy EQ more because reading your posts feels exciting, reminds me of interacting with Minecraft's Devs in the really really old days when Mojang was a small indie studio. Odd to think they're now part of the Microsoft conglomerate and the EQ team is now spun off from SOE & a small studio again.

I guess what I'm saying is to some of us you're a rock star, please don't run-off for a solo career. :)
    Jhenna_BB and Celephane like this.
  14. Proximoe Elder

Hasn't been bumped in a bit. Willing to love you long time!
  15. Celephane Augur

not bumped because round 2 is over, already submitted
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Proximoe Elder

I must have missed the overness. Ill be sure to bump the next ones to get a rainbow piercer done!
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Rainbow weapon was included in this round, it was the 3rd highest voted Pierce weapon. So it may make it into the game this round, I wouldn't expect to see them until after the new expansion at the earliest though. Between the new expansion and Ngreth already putting in OT for that, there's not really any time for the ornaments atm.
    Yinla and Winnowyl like this.
  18. Szilent Augur

I would definitely spend the 63k overseer bits for a Basalt Greatsword of the Protector ornament (item ID 25987) Screenshot 2020-11-06 222114.jpg
  19. krisys Elder

Omens had great weap designs, i wish to see the notched blade of bloodletting and the monk 2hb from COA as ornaments.
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The Monk 2hder is available from the TS Ornaments: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=92949

The Notched Blade is a cool model, I don't think there's any ornaments of that one yet.