Your longest break from Everquest...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

I guess this summer I didnt play for about a month, except for raids.
  2. Ibudin Augur

Took off from 2003-2007, took off from 2009- till EOK release. Been back solid ever since.
  3. Micker Augur

I started playing in May 1999. I played solid until Legacy of Ykesha came out.
    Stopped/Skipped Legacy of Ykesha
    Started back at LDoN
    Stopped/Skipped Depths of Darkhollow
    Started back at Secrets of Faydwer
    Stopped at Underfoot
    Came back at Veil of Alaris
    Skipped Darkened Sea
    Came back for Broken Mirror
    Skipped EoK
    Came back late Ring of Scale
    Played Burning Lands
    Stopped playing before ToV was released
    Thinking about coming back for Claws of Veeshan

As you can see. I have taken years off in between playing. Usually takes a little while to get my toons back up to speed. I get the bug to play after awhile, come back, level my guys up to max and get needed AA and then at some point, real life steps in and I end up stopping for awhile. I never stop wanting to play though. NOTHING will replace the original EQ feel and with real people who grouped and the mystery that the world had back then. EQ definitely #1 on my list of best games ever.
    Bamboompow and Celephane like this.
  4. Mims Augur

2 years, 7 months and counting. I come on to the forums every few months just to get an idea what's going on. Once in awhile I think about playing again, but then I remember what EQ life under Daybreak was like, and I'm glad I quit.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It took me about 18 months to forgive the Sony data breach. That's the longest EQ full break I have taken since almost launch.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Feb 2003 (Legacy of Ykesha) to May 2006 (Combine/Sleeper TLP Beta)
  7. Tegila Augur

haha i forgot about that break, that break i took was exactly as long as the servers were down lol. i played, along with half my guild, Rappelz during that month-ish period. which was good to spend a month playing, not something id invest EQ-kinda time into. not even sure if it still exists lol, they had a lot of issues not with player hacking but info hacking and stolen accounts back then
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Daivid Lorekeeper

I'm on one right now, almost 2 yrs.
    I can't continue to spend the rest of my life molo'ing in the level 90 spectrum.

At 87 the game decided I needed to invest in 4 more account and start boxing or else it was going to be hell for me to continue.

With each expansion it feels like the 90s exp gets lowered, end game content keeps getting pushed further in the horizon for me.

Maybe with some avenue of boxing being banned over at blizzard, EQ1 will start to think about the solo guy in the future.
  9. Bamboompow Augur

Have not logged on to any of my accounts in over a year. There have been longer breaks, but this might be the first one where I didn't quit out of anger, frustration or guilt.

Generally speaking, life has been better without EQ than with EQ. Its like leaving a job you told yourself was just temporary when you started and yet managed to stay on for 20+ years in spite of better opportunities. Still can't ignore that it was a big part of life since 2000 (still browsing the forums here and a few guilds now and then), but contrasted with current professional and personal obligations, there just isn't room. There might never be room. Had to happen eventually *shrug*.
  10. Poxx New Member

I quit around 2003 when I started WoW. I still play WoW, but wanted to see if I could actually access original EQ account tonight (came across my Phase3 Beta EQ CD and got curious)...so I'm downloading it now after recovering my ID/PW. So, 17 years?

Can you not post Images/pics here?
  11. Bamboompow Augur

A better thread might be "How many of you rediscovered EQ in 2020".....
  12. Nniki Augur

There's an upload file option. It was enabled recently. Not sure if there are any prerequisites to use it (see that you're a "New Member"). Viewing files hosted here often errors out though, so imo it's still better to host them elsewhere, such as on imgur, and then share them here.