Krono suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evertrek, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Evertrek Augur

Krono helped a bit to get gold sellers cash back into the game, but since TLPs it's become a currency for items. we accept this and the fact that some players have enough Krono to support 10 years of subscription time (or more).

Make Krono either a standard sub or 1800 DB cash. the option would be at time of consumption. no revenue would be lost, the Krono would still need to be bought with cash and DB cash items would still be available at normal offering.

my guess is this would be a nice option for some and it may even increase the purchase of the Krono. i could see people buying a few and using them for DB cash or the sub if needed....
    Jondalar and Tegila like this.
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

I actually like the idea of letting us convert Krono to DB cash. All my accounts and my family's regularly played accounts are Lifetime sub so there's really no incentive for us to consume Krono. I tend to be on the selling side of Krono because I'm pretty casual, but I can imagine those close to me not minding the ability to consume any Krono they get from trading for DBC.

I kind of wonder what would happen if they consumed a Krono, has anyone with a Lifetime sub tried this?
  3. code-zero Augur

Though it may sound like a wonderful idea to people who have a lot of krono to be able to convert it into marketplace money there's less than no motivation for DPG to allow it
  4. Nniki Augur

I haven't tried it personally, but I think people have said it gets converted into DB (1000?).
  5. Evertrek Augur

interesting, so it's already being done. 1000DBC is short changing them though considering a sub gives 500DBC plus 30 days for $17. i would say 1800 would be realistic for the cost.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They allow it, but the DBC loss is to give a bit of disincentive to use Krono for DBC.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why is that? DBG gets their cash when the Krono is purchased. After that, what do they care if it get used for all-access or DBC for digital trinkets?
  8. code-zero Augur

Because they sell Darkpaw cash, why don't you understand that?
  9. Evertrek Augur

i see an issue with someone having 10 years of krono, never able to use it. also at some point players start to farm the items that krono is mostly used for, on TLPs for example. krono is now the cause of farming in addition to plat. WoW circumvents this by only letting Tokens be used for subs.

letting people trade krono and use it how they want, seems to be fair to the customers but may, as you stated, cause lost DBC direct sales. i can see it's in DarkPaws interest not to let anyone spend all of their Krono on anything other than player farmed items. so customers are paying DBC money to buy in-game loot and the sellers end up with stacks of krono. seems like the only win is the company....
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I see zero issue with folks ending up with more krono they they can use. No one ever forced them to keep collecting krono past the point they could use them all.

No harm in letting people convert to daybreak cash but no real NEED to let them do it.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  11. KermittheFroglok Augur

I agree with that sentiment, I struggle to understand how someone who has horded Krono doesn't have somewhere to spend it. The main point being that Krono are tied to accounts & not toons or specific servers. If you end up sitting on 40 Krono, you can just spend it on the next TLP launch on things like power leveling, loot rights, etc?
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They also sell Subscriptions, what's your point?
  13. Evertrek Augur

yep, the stacks of krono are currently sold on a 3rd market website for $12 each. forgot about this and so it would impact dbcash sales. this subject is not new, i now see (2016). thought i had an original idea lol.

old thread
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

But then the Krono's not getting used for a month of all-access, so they'll make money from another Krono, or a regular month's sub. Why don't you understand that?
  15. Captain Video Augur

Not wanting to nit-pick, but actually no, they don't sell Darkpaw cash, because it doesn't exist. They continue to sell Daybreak Cash, which can be used in other games not developed by the Darkpaw studio. I do agree with the point being made though.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. code-zero Augur

Yeah I had a sort of brain fade and my fingers typed whatever it was they wanted in a conspiracy with spell check.
  17. Koveras Elder

If I remember correctly back in the days when Daybreak Games used to sell Cards that gave you the option of either 30 days of All Access with 500 DayBreak Cash or 2,500 DayBreak Cash, isn't at the moment where Kronos should do similar?

One other idea is to bring up another item similar to Kronos, which would be used to gift Daybreak Cash to another player once consumed.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They had both versions. One you could chose All Access or DBC and the other was just DBC. I have 2 unused ones for just the $25 DBC. Still valid. :D
  19. Captain Video Augur

In the SOE era, the cards used to exist in different denominations, $15 $25 and $50, if I remember correctly. The $15 version was enough for a 30-day membership in one game, or 1500 Station Cash. All-Access in those days was $30/mo, and there were more games (SWG, Vanguard, LoN, etc). The attractiveness of the cards was that from time to time they would offer huge bonuses on code redeems, sometimes as much as 3x the value. I think eventually they figured out they were losing money on that deal, and when they stopped the bonuses the card sales plummeted, to the point they stopped making them outright. I speculate here, but DBG may have inherited something of an irrational bias against store currency conversions from the SOE history.
  20. Evertrek Augur

totally agree. moreover dbc screwed up with not locking down krono to plat only. letting it be used as another, pay-to-win currency, has been nothing but a negative effect on the game IMO. when you can use a krono on the TLP to buy bis armor it's easy to see how things went wrong.... wow locks tokens to plat and it is safer than using the 3rd markets for plat.

i guess there maybe a tax issue letting krono be used for market cash. but i think i pay taxes on both now, so this may not apply. using krono for market cash would be nice but not a game changer (wont alter the use of krono). but may cut into market cash sales due to 3rd market sales....