New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

and...all the women responding to..her? him? more odd if it's a woman maknig these statements but the name does kinda suggest it....we are all saying hey, im a woman, i have multiple accounts, i play them on 1 machine or multiple machines, and so far ithink al lthe ones i specifically know are female..dont use teh software to assist in it. but...nope. us women we're too dumb to play eq muchless box or build a computer and we should go back to being barefoot in teh kitchen. uh huh.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

I love your rants. I'm a big fan now!
  3. Tegila Augur

hes attacking you? i dont see it. you're the one attacking women whether or not you are also one you certainly are making an awful lot of assumptions about us.
  4. Strawberry Augur

I'm saying something that people don't like to hear and they feign ignorance.

Boxing becoming the norm present a technical and financial hurdle that limits the diversity and potential of the game's audience.

When developers want a game that remains economically viable, they should give this a thought.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Ok, I think I was right yesterday :

[IMG]

:D

But I'll feed the troll a bit more, it's amusing from time to time :
  6. Strawberry Augur

Ironic considering I am female.

I have always argued that multiboxing in EQ limits the potential playerbase due to technical and financial hurdles.

I see an EQ demographic that is less and less diverse, a demographic that has the financial and technical means to box, but that greatly reduces the ability for EQ to reach a broad enough audience to remain economically viable into the future.

And yes, financial and technical hurdles do disproportionally impact certain demographics more than others, and limiting your potential audience to a very small technically skilled and financially well-off group is not a place you want to be in as a developer.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You guys are weird man. Spending like the last 5 pages telling someone they don't understand boxing and it's really "botting" that's the concern. Like NO it's both and it's a concern because the vast majority of the MMO playerbase sees boxing for what is, cheating the systems of the game. The only reason boxing isn't outright banned is it's to hard to enforce the rules against people unless they're doing some blatant automation or keystroke broadcasting.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You're moving between every possible viewpoint known to man (gender studies to economics).

Let's be frank. You are throwing out scattershot arguments in the hopes that one or more sticks.

Stick with a thesis and move on.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you've read the 5 pages of exchange, people are explaining why non-exploitive boxing solves legitimate concerns such as:

• Work and Time Constraints
    • Family and other RL Priorities
    • Socialization (bad experiences, social stressors, authority problems, trust issues)
    • Mental Health Concerns (social anxiety, social phobias, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
    • Physical Health Concerns (disability, vision limits, Epilepsy, reaction time)
    • Game Limitations (low population at certain time zones, non-overlapping interests).

The thread should be locked soon. I think everyone has made their points clear.
  10. Vanrau Augur

You are about 15 years too late with this argument.

Have you ever played on a low population server?

If you have, you would see there is a problem with class distribution, especially for raids.

This utopian MMO that you want went away in EQ when the population dwindled on the live servers and guilds lost players and people got older and had full time jobs. Therefore people starting boxing to fill in groups and raids where they couldn't fill in spots. Time is important to people and sitting around trying to fill in a group for an hour is not in anyway shape or form a productive way to spend a persons time. This is the reality now on many older servers and that isn't going to change. You either accept it or don't, it's not going to change.
  11. Nadisia Augur

Multiple computers ...
    I'm 6 boxing on ... 1 computer :D

while doing many other things btw, cuz we all know, us women are great at multitasking : cooking, childcare, do the homework, clean the toilets cuz my skilled husband can't even aim correctly into the circle :p , pay the bills, and many many other women stuff

This year 1920 is so nice and stimulating.
  12. Tegila Augur

Not really so ironic. I hate way more women than I should despite being one, probably because so many act like you are in this thread: helpless.
    Nadisia likes this.
  13. Nadisia Augur

So true Tegila.
    Moronism and stupidity for instance are not gendered.
    A moron is a moron, male, female, human or reptilian :D

Just to add, because I find it brilliant and funny:
    Stolen from my friend Sturmere (Sissruukk) , I'm really prout to steal something from a rogue hehe /flex.
    It's one of his son's T-shirt, that says :

«There are four things that make up the universe: Neutrons, Electrons, Protrons, and Morons»
    Tegila likes this.
  14. Tegila Augur

Financially well off. Lol. I'm on Medicaid, my income is well under $100 a week, I'm a single parent, and I still have multiple accounts and machines to run them on- they're just not new, nor do they need to be as I've said. And at this point, if you prioritize things in the game for it (baz trading, hunting collectibles instead of buying them, hunting gear instead of buying it- you dont have to put a penny into the game, because kronos) Where there is a will, there's a way. The biggest reasons EQ doesn't have a bigger player base are:
    1. Lack of advertising or ANY visibility to nonplayers or former players.
    2. It's old. Disproportionately, gamers prefer newer better graphics and new games, dad's- i have no idea what i typed that came out like this, i was on my phone-, not games older than they are.
    3. It's much more involved than WoW and whatnot. You can't (unlike eq2, and something I dislike) just walk up to all the docs with ! above their heads and click a button and get a quest. Raiding takes more than 9-10 peaople, there are thousands and thousands of quests and zones in the 4 digits. EQ has a huge learning curve because of it's expansiveness and age. Many people prefer more instant gratification, like the game I was playing on my phone prior which launches a new "state"(basically a server) every single day and has set progression of item availability etc, kinda like TLP bit much cheaper more simplified, and it has a lot more pvp type aspects so all the aggression prone kids can go beat each other up. EQers made it quite clear many years ago, than very few of us enjoy that sort of environment, and thus the game exists as it does without that for the most part. Of course there's zek and the arena, but end of story.

This is an old fame, with no appetite by it's distributors for well over a decade to keep up Publix c knowledge of it's existence, that just plain doesn't appeal to most people that aren't already playing, and that was as it stood before I even started playing and there were still discs on the shelves for expansions.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Duder Augur

How is asking you to speak for yourself doltish? Get off your high horse. Your "well known facts" regarding Everquest players have no basis. Your superiority complex is very palpable.

I'm curious, who are you in-game? Your behavior is exactly what many posts in this thread have eluded to. I would not group with you if you went on like this in group chat. Followed by many others. You would self isolate yourself with your own behavior and not even realize it. Then blame it on others, like you've done this entire thread.
    Sissruukk and Tegila like this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Slow your roll.

ANY kind of a blanket statement (demographic this, social group that) regarding what people think or can do is false. Doesn't matter what you've seen. Doesn't matter what you've experienced. Your body of knowledge and experience is exponentially smaller than the number of people residing on this planet. STOP making blanket statements. Stop it. Now. You do not speak for everyone.
    Sissruukk, Nadisia and Duder like this.
  17. Tegila Augur

I'm a woman. I cook well, hate baking, build gaming computers, play multiple EQ accounts, i dont play poor me im helpless card, i'm very low income, i have a teenager, i enjoy dont starve and minecraft but nothing like EQ, i hate smartphones but spend too much time on mine because it's portable, I hunt and dress the game i shoot or trap, im an atheist on medicaid who 100% disagrees with late term abortions, 95% disagrees with midterm, and am in favor of availability of first trimester ones regardless of whether i would have one or not- yet i am not a liberal. I'm in my 40s and mostly disabled for things unrelated to gameplay(unless you count shortterm memory lol) and i hate hackers. Oh and i live in NY in a 99% republican county.

Im sure i could go on and on with this list but the point is that NONE of my "demographics" fit with Strawberry's assumptions.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Strawberry and 'WaitingformoreEQ' may have started with a realistic argument (encourage grouping) but it has progressed to this totalitarian, utopian worldview (truebox only for all).

Trueboxers have options for EQ1 with TLP Truebox (Aradune, Phinigel) and P99. You can't say the same for WoW and others.

The debate is basically dead for EQ1. I am not sure why they are arguing here except for trying to putting a square peg into a round hole (vainly preach their ideology).
  19. Tegila Augur

something i have saidm y entire eq life: Don't LFG, make one. Too many have always complainied about not getting responses to LFG, instead of makign a group or announcing they are making a group and then inviting others themselves.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nadisia like this.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You're hilarious. There are men that have absolutely zero clue how to use a computer. There are women that have absolutely no clue how to use a computer. There are men and women that both know how to use a computer equally well. This isn't 1985 anymore.

Would you like some assistance bulk ordering some shovels from Amazon? You're going to need more if you want to keep digging this hole...