New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If Blizzard is trying to appease a streamer, then it may well be a PR stunt. It remains to be seen if they will take any tangible action or if this is paying lip service and really an empty gesture. If they do mass suspensions and bans, it can turn out to be a self-inflicted wound. (I am against automation but pragmatic about boxing).
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Impressive, if true.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nope, not buying that. It may well have had some influence but I find the idea that one solitary streamer no matter how many viewers they have is that influential to be completely laughable.

Blizzard is run by Activision, and the only thing they give one single crap about is money, if it hurts their bottom line they'll act.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Incorrect.
    Angahran likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Blizzard (possibly, but not yet) and one yet to be released mmo hardly counts as enough to claim industry standard.
  6. Mims Augur

And also hundreds of posters on the WoW forums.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

FFIV, GW2, ESO, OSRS, BDO all ban keystroke broadcasting/botting. All of the popular MMOs that use some form of Tab targeting do. Blizzard is basically the last adopters among popular MMOs.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

That would be a terrible argument considering Rizlona is a prison server and is obviously much less profitable then the Aradune that launched along side it. It's actually a really good case study in how boxing is for the MMO Genre.
    Duder likes this.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Video of Asmon vs you
  10. Xanadas Augur

Don't really get why it matters in WOW. Other than PVP, you can play/raid the entire game isolated from the rest of the population. It's getting that way in EQ too, with AOC.
  11. Strawberry Augur

Amsongold? I think he is part of the debate in WoW, but it's not like Blizzard banning all multiboxing software is the result of this 1 stream.

The average MMO player no longer has any tolerance for multiboxing.

Multiboxing warps the economy and power level of players to such an extent that Blizzard had to take action due to the backlash.

The overwhelming playerbase in WoW supports action being taken against multiboxers.

12. Strawberry Augur

Yup, from reading comments, I would say over 99% of WoW players fully support Blizzard's actions against Multiboxing.

I have never seen a change in WoW where the playerbase support for the developers is so overwhelming. Plenty of comments of players resubbing to WoW simply due to this change.

[IMG]
  13. Tappin Augur

Says so by someone that has no evidence.
  14. Strawberry Augur

If you need evidence that people are less and less tolerant towards multiboxing, you are oblivious to anything MMO related.

We literally have NO BOX "TruBOX" TLP servers in EQ due to the SPECIFIC and EXPLICIT demands of players to not allow automated boxing.

Not only that, those servers have far higher populations than the ones that allow boxing.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You bring up an important point. WoW is not EQ1.

While we can make some relevant comparisons and draw important analogies, a 'one size fits all' approach is very limited.

This is an experiment on WoW's part. Depending on if they are following through, it may be spectacular success or a complete disaster or somewhere in between.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  16. code-zero Augur

I find this rather amusing in light of the fact that I was told by some WoW players no more than a year ago that boxing of any sort was actually impossible in WoW therefore it was superior to EQ. I easily found and linked some youtube videos of boxing in WoW and was not only unfriended but blocked across all the social media sites I knew them from.
  17. jeskola pheerie

You are like the Donald of the EQ forums.
  18. Bobokin Augur

I can smell fear in the bot army players on this forum. They all come out when there is any hint that their gameplay in ruining any game for anyone else, and other players don't like it.

Never fear, DBG is rather toothless on this subject. Bot armies pay the bills, and I don't foresee any change in policy for Everquest.

Go about your business; nothing to see here.
  19. Angahran Augur

"Automated" boxing has NEVER been allowed on ANY EQ server.
    That is what m-a-c-r-o-quest (and whatever other names it goes by) does.
    It directly modifies the EQ code which is 100% against the EULA.

i-s-boxer DOES NOT DO THIS!
    it does nothing more than what can be accomplished using pretty much any of the macroing software provided by any gaming keyboard.
    Nadisia likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Huh?

Macroing software on gaming keyboards can be used to make bots rather easily.

Inner space boxer' primary contribution is encapsulating EQ in a window that can receive keystrokes without having focus, and then providing tools to send keystrokes to those windows.