New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

Please provide your proof that Lavishsoft has any links at all with the well known hacking software.
    Lax has always been very clear that i-s-boxer does not and will not allow any type of automation or 'hacking'.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Angahran Augur

1. IF i-s-boxer interfaces with Bllizzard's code then that is an issue. Obviously you must have proof that this is how it works.
    2. For EQ, you know, the game that this forum is for, there is NO interaction between i-s-boxer and EQ's code. It, basically, does nothing more than what can be done with the macro software provided with pretty much any modern gaming keyboard or mouse.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The proof is in the pudding man. Blizzard obviously has some strong analytics that say multiboxing and boting has a negative effect on customer retention. You thinking these forums are a court of law and the burden of proof is on me to show this won't change.

Cope.
  4. kookoo Augur

darkpaw could have their own boxing software and servers to be allowed to use.
  5. Bardy McFly Augur

The main problems with boxing/botting in WoW hardly translate to EQ. Over there, the main issues are with flooding tradeskill mats, killing tradeskill markets, and with uber-coordinated PVP teams.

I-S-Boxer is just glorified key broadcasting and window management. Blocking strictly key broadcasting will have minimal positive effect on the problems they're trying to eliminate over in WoW. In EQ, it's more of a convenience than an advantage. Pick up a gaming keyboard and you can do most of the same things. Manually position your multiple EQ windows after logging in and you've replicated most of the window management.
    Skuz and Captain Video like this.
  6. Tegila Augur

you do realize you keep repeating this line over and over again but its the same as saying that buying a hunting rifle is the same as supporting terrorism bc said rifle might be made by the same manufacturer of a gun a terrorist used...
    oh and btw, a lot of widely used OTC and Rx medications today only exist bc of certain german war criminals in wwii, but i bet you dont care and you still use them.
    i dont see the draw personally in these programs, im too muc ha control freak, but i did test isb out once on an emoo(edit: ? the word wasnt showing up for some reason, jsut ..not there, not filtered jsut gone lol) server to see waht the fuss was about..i absolutely hated it, lol, and its not like i didnt know what i was doing, it was my own server id been writing code for before getting bored enough to play with this. i wouldnt have been messing with either if i had real internet like i do now and could play the real thing, it was only way to dplay offline/on satellite- and it sucks, in case anyone's wondering, i suppose unless you're into really really classic eq which im not (and then its still quite broken)
    . At the same time, if i had a major disability in one of my hands or arms, i think i would appreciate isb availability.

oh and btw...last i knew, the software in question is free, so using it isnt supporting any hacking now or in the past. thatd be like saying ppl that watched a commercial on tv are supporting the product they just watched an ad about but didnt buy
  7. Tegila Augur

and they allow prosthetics in nearly all if not all races..
  8. Captain Video Augur

One of the dumbest things about WoW's core design, IMHO, is its insistence on limiting characters to two tradeskills out of a whole bunch. This encourages TS-minded players to create multiple accounts in order to work all the TS markets, legitimately, and then that eventually gives rise to the multi-boxing behavior that Blizzard now says they want to stamp out. I don't currently play WoW, and only played it briefly in the past, but when I did I never saw the flooded markets people keep talking about today. Maybe I was never high enough level to notice. I play FFXIV a fair amount, and I do not notice any of these problems over there. Of course Square has always been very aggressive when it comes to banning automated behavior of any kind; it isn't an American game culture.

And to all those who would flame me for questioning the use of ISB: It supports multi-window key automation, which is against the published rules. Even if you are using a gaming keyboard to set that up, it's still against the published rules, so claiming ISB doesn't do anything more than a good gaming keyboard is a spurious argument. I said before it has the >potential< to be a bannable offense; there has been a tolerance policy for ISB for years now. To steal an analogy from one of my old college entrance exams, ISB is to pot as that Em-Kew'ish thing is to meth. IMHO. I don't use either.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What has skin colour got to do with it?
    Metanis likes this.
  10. Nadisia Augur

Nothing.
    White hackers, or White Hats if you prefer :)
    Metanis likes this.
  11. Celephane Augur

Hackers are white, grey and black, depending on their motivation and intent. The colors are normally referenced as their hats. White hats work at discovering vulnerabilities and countering them before bad things happen.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nadisia like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Learn something new every day!
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

No, but you can get running blades:
    [IMG]
    Tegila and Derka like this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Hey guys, what's going on? Is this the new inner space boxer thread? Check out this vid

Back in 2007 I boxed a warrior/shaman in WoW using a voice command system. As in, my shaman was almost 100% controlled by /follow and voice commands. Was pretty inefficient and slow but kind of fun to constantly yell frost shock.

Last year I looked into playing boxing in WoW again, the scene is kind of lame. It's mostly stacking the same class, the synergy between different classes isn't nearly as high as in EQ.

I ended up boxing my war/priest for a few evenings and falling asleep within half an hour and unsubbing.
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pretty much summed up my experience of WoW right there.

I kid, I played for about 6 months, best single player RPG behind SWToR.
    Tucoh and code-zero like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, what? It does no such things. The other program does.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Whew. The world is safe again.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Said by the most rabid anti-box guy on the forums.

Oh how we've missed you, Strawberry.
    Tegila and Skuz like this.
  19. Tappin Augur

Someone’s business model isn’t proof of anything. DP game opened a box TLP. I can make the same misinformed argument as you and say box software increases revenue.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Prepared Lorekeeper

There's a live streamer that on average has had about 40,000 viewers per day since the launch of WoW Classic. It is this person and his ranting and complaining about multiboxing recently this year as can be seen on many videos posted on youtube that has lead Blizzard to do what they have done with their policy change.

The actions taken by Blizzard has nothing to do with any PR stunt. Nothing to do with analytics or any other ideas posted in this message thread so far. It is because of the statements made of which many were not true regarding multiboxing, by one live streamer.