New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Derka Power Ranger

I agree with this. I know of a few players that would be moving in the direction of assisted play because of medical necessity.
    Sissruukk and Tegila like this.
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If you're missing a leg you don't get to 'run' a marathon in a car.
  3. Strawberry Augur

It wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard's next step is sueing the people behind XXBoxer.

Blizzard is very clear that they will go after groups who interact with Blizzard code and DLL. XXBoxer interacts with internal runtime code, and so far Blizzard has gone after every group that has done this.

The little group behind XXBoxer, is a small group of hackers who also make hacking software for MMO like WoW, EQ, etc. They live in the Western hemisphere and Blizzard can easily go after them, I think you will see Blizzard sue them.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You have such little clue how it works.
  5. Strawberry Augur

It's so easy to pick you people out who use the software and feel the need to defend it. Go cry somewhere else.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

There are two pieces of software... one that modifies EQ and one that doesn't. Educate yourself.
    Tsavo and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Aren't you the one that believes you know everything about a player from clicking on a Magelo? You're really good at "picking people out".
    Tegila likes this.
  8. Strawberry Augur

Each time action is taken against hacking software you're always the first in line to cry foul aren't you Jhenna.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

You can still drive a car without your legs though.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

11. Svann2 The Magnificent

TBH Im surprised that it would be Blizzard to be the first to come out against it.
  12. Tappin Augur

It’s obvious. They have a TLP problem and didn’t make any back door deals.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It may just be a PR stunt by Blizzard. Though, if legitimate, they would only commit if they benefited in some way.

Possible explanations:

1. Launch their own multi-box software (in the near or distant future).

2. Soften the launch of a WoW Classic Truebox Server (not out of the realm of possibility since Holly is advising them).

It reminds me of the Epic Games/Fortnite kerfuffle with Apple. Fortnite was kicked off the Apple Store for disagreements over monopolistic practices. In reality, many suspect Epic Games is attempting to launch their own App Store on Apple devices.
  14. Tappin Augur

You’re allowed to be a monopoly in the US. You just can’t abuse your powers. Apple has treated essentially all game developers the same. There’s nothing to see besides epic’s violation of their contract.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't disagree.

Epic Games has tried to get their pre-teen and teenage playerbase to protest in outage. I think most adults (including the judge) realize Epic Games is in the wrong by blatantly violating their contractual agreements (i.e. secret update that bypassed Apple payment system).

Blizzard is launching this initiative because they may launch their own boxing software which is actually very smart. Daybreak should get in on the action if so.
  16. Nadisia Augur

Rofl ...
    Take your pills really ...
    You don't even know what you're talking about.

Yes, some people woking, and leading the 1st software company have done some pieces of code, even the backbone of the 2nd one, more than 10 years ago.
    But they don't anymore.

Exactly like some ex major white hackers are working today for some major cyber security companies.

And it seems that you don't even know how the 2 different softwares do work.

Yeah, congratulation to Blizzard ... /irony off
    In a week or 2, the same crybabies will cry once again, cuz the real botters will bot again (in fact, they'll just continue to bot as usual, they won't stop, cuz they don't need to use any multiboxing software, and they can bypass the warden :p )
    And then Blizzard will need to find another scapegoat.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's just becoming industry standard for MMOs Ashes is also set to have the same policy on launch. They know multiboxing loses them money in the long run and is just bad period.
  18. Tappin Augur

What evidence do you have? The answer to your question is close to 0.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

From Ashes Wiki

Ashes is actually going harder Truebox+No software.

Or if you're talking about multiboxing creating revenue loss i don't feel like arguing with some emo Sally that's just gonna ignore reality.
  20. Tappin Augur

What evidence do you have that multi box software hurts revenue? Again 0.