New trend with all games?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Nov 4, 2020.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software

We will soon begin issuing warnings to all players who are detected using input broadcasting software to mirror commands to multiple accounts at the same time (often used for multi-boxing). With these warnings, we intend to notify players that they should not use this software while playing World of Warcraft. Soon thereafter, the warnings will escalate to account actions, which can include suspension and, if necessary, permanent closure of the player's World of Warcraft account(s). We strongly advise you to cease using this type of software immediately to maintain uninterrupted access to World of Warcraft.
    Buster_Shruggs likes this.
  2. kookoo Augur

well , while it is huge help for those who are using a 3rd party software ( specially one that i can think ) , i don't can't care much unless they are not cheating and playing 24/24 autokilling and disturbing other players gameplay .

that could result on more grouping , since some can't box well without using a software to help them.
    i am just wondering if they do that, how many would cancel their accounts or stop playing .

for me i am boxing 5 without any software and doing good.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

All games equal WoW? Hmmmm...
    Duder likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Gotta wonder how far this will go as I think thats gonna hurt their subs. Unless the boxxers are ftp?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Of course not silly, but considering the amount of suspensions lately in EQ it makes one wonder, or not. hahahhahahahha
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What suspensions? You mean the TLP players saying "I didn't do anything wrong!" All two of them on Player Support in the last 3 weeks?

Daybreak just recently launched Rizlona and make a post specifically allowing ISB. Quit trying to stir up the pot.

[IMG]
    Zamiam, Nadisia, Tegila and 4 others like this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

WoW doesn't really have any F2P boxing. Level cap for their free trial mode is 20.
    Bardy McFly, code-zero and Svann2 like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

I’m my opinion this is just a dumb move or stunt with very little action. In the end it’s just going to cause security issues for those who don’t use any programs as the push towards kernel level access begins.
  9. Sobmre Augur

wow- lets ban boxers........

wow accounting dept 2 months later-
    WTF did you all do we lost xxxxxxx revenue. Holly, you and your other friends from daybreak are fired.
    Nadisia, Vumad, Bardy McFly and 2 others like this.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Well maybe if they cant box well and need software to help them out maybe they should be trying some other game. I mean whats next just computers play eq and that it? kinda like men in black and finding out your really alone!

Andarriel
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

My honest assessment is that this WoW/Blizzard announcement is a public relations (PR) stunt.

Unfortunately, as Sobmre pointed out, permabans will hurt their bottom line (by ending paying accounts/customers).

Officially, Darkpaw has condemned cheating and reiterated disciplinary actions. I suspect Darkpaw's internal policy issues suspensions for botters upon confirmed reports to discourage behavior. They will reserve permabans for major hacks (dupping, warping) and egregious botters (huge influx of platinum or chase loot on a server). I expect Blizzard/WoW's internal policy to actually mirror Darkpaw's internal policy (if not now, then later).

This is just speculation and my opinion alone.
  12. Derka Power Ranger

So they allow I S Boxer but it's still listed in the badword filter? Doesn't really seem like they want people to use it but are handcuffed at the moment.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No, it doesn't. They got tired of TLPers moaning constantly about it so it's filtered.
    Prepared likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Pretty sure it was filtered before the most recent TLPs (Ragefire and onwards?).
  15. Captain Video Augur

It's allowed on one server and one server only. Anywhere else, it's still potentially a bannable offense.
  16. Angahran Augur

100% completely WRONG.

I-S-Boxer has been mentioned by various devs as being acceptable.
    It does NOTHING that cannot be done by the game client.
    You press a button, your character does something.
    You don't press a button, your character does nothing.

There is no automation, no warping, no magically knowing what loot mobs have without killing them or whatever other hacks some other software allows.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Personally, I would love for there to be one server with full botting allowed. I mostly work in software test automation, including game products, and the scripts I see people running are just bad at playing. Make it a PvP server as well for the full Gibson.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How would people feel about these types of policies taking gaming away from people missing arms and hands? It's exactly what I expect from Blizzard, but with game developers that aren't aholes?
    Derka likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always assumed disabled players used voice-controls. :confused:

Or is that not feasible yet?
  20. Strawberry Augur

The people behind XXBoxer are the same people who make XXXXQuest and tons of other hacking software. In fact it used to be a single site.

Multiboxers are feeding the hackers by buying and using XXBoxer.

Blizzard knows this, that's why they are going ZERO tolerance to broadcasting, shutting these guys down on Blizzard's platform, regardless of the products, is the only way to deal with these people.