Fixed Internally chat channels, friends list still missing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Scila, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yeah.. have us testing things on Beta with no chat channels.. o_Oo_O
  2. Ironfoot Elder

Twelve years ago, and four ball game scores... My forefathers played Everquest, and this shxt happened every week.
    General chat would bork out just before the server reset almost like clockwork.

Good to see some things never change.
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I sent a message to Dreamweaver last night, this morning I recieved a reply
    The last post to me was Oct 12th. so the Platform people think this has been FIXED for WEEKS now!

Remember to go LIKE the first post in this thread as well as posting about the ONGOING issue.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

Just for clarification, the ongoing issue of people still missing and being unable to join chat channels and the overall issue that seems to have cropped up over the weekend are likely unrelated, fixing one may not fix the other so the issue affecting individual players is still ongoing.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Any ETA on a solution for the loss of serverwide chat channels issue?
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

No ETA yet, I have them looking into the issue.
    voxwar and Nennius like this.
  7. Dyrthesis New Member

No friends list or chat channels on bertoxx for two days now as well.

Petitioned and got the typical BS from support that the problem is on my end and to delete their usual list of perfectly working files. Yeah I'm not going to destroy everything on my end because something is wrong on DB's end. Others have clearly stated that, as usual, this fixes nothing, because the problem IS NOT ON OUR END!!!!

Please fix this crap and quit blaming your paying customers for DB's incompetence...
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

The larger issue of the chat channels being down should now be resolved, there are however still likely individual issues that players may be experiencing.
    minimind, Scila and Fanra like this.
  9. Ratalthor Developer

If anybody is specifically having friends lists issues, please PM me your account name.
  10. Drakang Augur

Yes channels seem to be working now.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

except for the serverwide ones..
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Yup as I noted, the two issues are not the same.
  13. Grand New Member

My Chat channels have been down for over 2 months doesn't depend on what computer I log in on and I have 5 to chose from my chat channels crash after about 10 minutes. Really hard to believe that I'm have the same issue on 5 different computer's on the same toon.
    Xanadas and Elyssanda like this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

That sounds like a completely separate issue to the two mentioned above, the maintenance that caused some of the initial set of problems was less than two months ago. Have you contacted CS to have them take a look at your character?
  15. Xanadas Augur

I went thru a phase like that as well. Then it just magically started working again. The UC system is bizarre.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

Yeah that is a little weird.
  17. dreamweaver Community Manager

Have you seen any change today?
  18. AB_H'Sishi Augur

As for LIVE server ...
    "serverwide." channels are still gone, at least the one from the rogues. I used to be some sort of admin or moderator, so if I cannot join the channel with the message "cannot be found", it doesn't exist or is not accessible anymore.

As for BETA servers ...
    Beta-internal channels seem to work. Also you can join channels on Live servers from Beta (e.g. ;join antonius.channel) and your join on Beta can be seen on Live servers. But you can NOT join "serverwide." channels from Beta as well.

What happened to the serverwide channels? They're now gone since the September patch.

---

";tell server.name" and "[tell server.name" between Beta and Live servers does NOT work, in either way. Response is "Could not find player server.name" in both directions.
    "/tell server.name" responses with "server.name is not online at this time." in both directions.

I tried all of the above between my chars on Live and Beta server, from same account, if that matters.
  19. Drakang Augur

Was all working then dissappeared. Logged out and back and its back again. Still something wrong for it to keep going away.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

as of 2 minutes ago:
    [IMG]

so serverwide channels still borked..