Fixed Your Overseer quest Shark Bait has failed to start.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Drewie, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Drewie Augur

Same bug today : "Your Overseer quest Common Conversion has failed to start". it shows Tormented Dead x 4 even if I only have 3, one of them being incapacitated. On the other hand, I do have 4 available Wandering Greenblood and 4 available Shadowy Scrivener.

[IMG]
    cadres likes this.
  2. cadres Augur

This is exactly the problem I have many times (usually, but not always) when I get the 'quest did not start' bug.
    Had it again a couple of days ago, persisted for 24 hrs then sorted itself out
  3. Inga Elder

I am not 100% sure, but I think I finally found out how to reproduce this bug.

Step 1
    Collect Critical Success Quest Reward.

Step 2
    Collect Reward of another Quest using at least 1 agent used in Step 1 Quest.

I think it doesn't matter if 2nd quest reward is Critical or not. I am not sure about when you collect non-Critical reward first, then Critical reward.
  4. Ratalthor Developer

We have a potential coming in the next patch.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

This issue should be resolved. It should have been fixed in the October update. Is it still happening for anybody?
  6. Veltio Journeyman

EQ000038 crop.jpg
    I just got the issue just now, trying to start the "Gears Within Wheels" overseer quest. The character in question is Arctan on Luclin.
  7. Nniki Augur

Definitely still happening. Noticed it the other day.

11/04/20 10:49:44 PM Your Overseer quest Just Another Prophecy has failed to start. Please verify your selected agents and wait a moment before attempting to start it again.

Things to note:
    • Error occurred while trying to use Kazon
    • I only have one Kazon yet it shows me as having three
    • Kazon is listed at the end of the sort despite showing as selectable
      • I noticed it was off when first selection didn't match any attributes
    • Restarting client allowed me to start the quest while using Kazon
      • This also fixed the sorting
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  8. Nanilu Journeyman

I can confirm this issue is still happening. -BUT- I did notice a couple of things.

a) There was a discrepancy between the number of agents truly available. In the common conversion quest tab, I was showing some agents as doubles when in fact, in the Agents tab only singles were available. The Quest tab showed a total of 10 agents available yet the Agents tab I only had six.

b) I then logged in a different toon and encountered the same problem

c) I then completely logged off of Everquest and re-started the game. That seemed to work for me. The number of agents available was corrected and I was able to launch a common conversion. I was able to convert all 6 of my common agents.