Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Stune Augur

Extreme? stupid more like it.
  2. KimchiGoddess Augur

wtf am i reading?
  3. Blart Lorekeeper

I love Rizlona, but I wish expansions unlocked slower. Classic/Kunark/Velious are so wonderful, I wish it was a couple years before we went beyond those first 3.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Long expacs absolutely crush servers after around 65.
  5. Moranis Augur

While there's certainly enough total content in those xpacs to keep people busy for years, there's not enough useful content - and thus the problem. The shining example, of course, being the quest for my favorite item in the game: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=498.

The only reason to even interact with something like 90% of the first 3 xpacs is for pure masochism. The mystery is gone and what small percent of quests that are actually useful in late-game are practically memorized by the community. The vast majority of people play the TLPs with some combination of these (3) goals:
    1. Rush to max level
    2. Raid
    3. Make kronos
    The unintended side effect of the various changes over the years (no CRs, in-game maps, pick zones, faster exp, faster skillups) is that there's no longer incentive to do anything but run the Unrest/Guk/Chardok/Velks gauntlet to max level and then go raiding.

Ah well /endrant - but seriously, we did 6 months of classic and Kunark on Ragefire and boyyy oh boyyy was it brutal.
    Rile, jeskola and Bardy McFly like this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There is a very small number of players on TLP who wanted longer unlocks most are on Ragefire, for the majority of players 6 months is way too long, 12 weeks / 8 weeks is the most popular schedule and a fairly large bunch would be happy with 8 week unlocks Selo at 4 weeks was a bit too fast for most.
  7. Machen New Member

Bring on Velious! If it launched tomorrow it would not be too soon.
    Bardy McFly and Foaming like this.
  8. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Would love to get the Phinny treatment with Velious
  9. Graethos Journeyman

Where is Aradune in the Progression. Kunark?
  10. sedain111 New Member

non trubox: yes
    agents: yes
    launch level: 1
    launch expansion: classic
    unlock: 3 months
    exp rate: slowest ever
  11. jeskola pheerie

So you essentially want 8-month unlocks? Do you enjoy playing on empty servers?
    Skuz likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

So Rizlona with worse than coirnav xp? No thanks.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Manafasto Augur

How about starting at Luclin or allow all classes to be release at launch. I just like to play a BST on a TLP without having to play catch up.
  14. Overcast451 Augur

Naa, not for me personally. I like the Truebox TLPs
    Machen likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Isn't it great to have a server you like to play on? I am glad you have truebox, and I hope you have much joy from playing there. This whole thread is about players who are looking for something different than you are. And thankfully, after 5+ years, DPG finally gave it to us, and we are very thankful. Truebox is not for me personally, I played on it for five years and could never really commit or get into it. I am thankful they have finally launched an aoc enabled server that has the same ruleset as eq has had for the vast majority of its history. Not truebox.
  16. Machen New Member

You literally just need to wait 9 months on every server that has ever been launched, and this problem ceases to exist.
  17. Xhartor Augur

The leveling experience on a Luclin start is considerably different from a classic start. Also there is a number of low end raid content that isn't heavily used during Luclin, but would be great start raid progression.
  18. Machen New Member

Yeah. I played Selos launch. This argument is completely different than "I want to play a BST from day 1." I have no problem with the idea of a server launching with Luclin from the getgo, it is more fun than classic-->velious for the sixth time.
  19. Gnothappening Augur

Personally, I would like to see a remake similar to Combine/Sleeper. Have a website, or just a page on their main website, that tracks achievements. Have each expansion open up one month after all accomplishments are completed. Don't let instances count toward the achievements. Then make main zones free for all. Then guilds could grief each other in the main pick and try to stop progress if they wanted. Just a thought.
  20. Rile Lorekeeper

What would you do when the 2 player population isn't logged in?