White Satin Gloves

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bazuker, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Bazuker New Member

I'd like to request an adjustment to progression of White Satin gloves chase drop in FF in TBL.
    It currently requires PoP Slayer achievement (major pita, and misery of going back in time and one-shot kill a multitude of 18 years old monsters).
    Can it be adjusted to require PoP Slayer OR TBL Slayer (Burnslayer) achievement to evolve ?
    (with EoK and RoS Slayer as well)

At least TBL nameds are still fun to kill these days.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Zaray Augur

3. Vumad Cape Wearer

The true shame is not the ongoing requests but the rather the stubbornness to not have implemented it a long time ago.
    Yinla and Nadisia like this.
  4. Nniki Augur

TBL Slayer is already one of the requirements for the final level of evolution.
    Dibab likes this.
  5. Bazuker New Member

Even better! That means they already have a code in place for TBL Slayer check, all they'd have to do - to cut-and-paste it internally on the server side.
  6. Windance Augur

Do what everyone else did.

1 - Get others who need the achievements into a raid force
    2 - Risk getting suspended and AFK kill the stuff with a pet
  7. Astral64 Augur

The vast majority of PoP hunter is fairly easy.

However, the 1% chance to spawn named in Crypt of Decay tend to be the road block. I would suggest working on those first. If you get those knocked out the rest should be no problem.

As others have suggested: Form a raid with people who need these hunters and work together. You may be surprised at how fast these hunters can be done.

I wouldn't count on any changes to the requirements at this point.
  8. Nadisia Augur

@Bazuker
    Yeah, you're right these requirements are silly (in fact, most of the achievements needed to unlock the evolving TBL items are pretty lame and dumb), but sadly, I guess it'll stay that way forever.
  9. Sobmre Augur

its easy, pick 3 pop zones clear one zone move to next. by the time your done with third zone its time to re clear the first.

Ask in general chat to see who needs pop named too and get them to pick zones and go full plow mode. after a while you'll all be down to the few super rare named and probably the poj named.
  10. Bazuker New Member

I have a crystal ball, which tells me that those non-evolved gloves will sit in a dusty corner in my bank until next expansion (when, as I guesstimate, the group gear will be better than TBL chase loot) at which point I'll hit destroy button.

Although, there is that 1% (actually, much less than 1%) chance, that DPG guys will be in a good mood when reading this thread and a patch or two later will do something about those gloves. You know, when praying for a lottery jackpot you gotta buy a ticket at least.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

"It's easy" and "exploit the raid tool to beat the hunter system" are both incredibly ridiculous. It's a ridiculous requirement and the ways people beat it only prove that to be fact.
    Voxvixen and Nadisia like this.
  12. Zvenn Just an old monk

for a best in slot item carried over 2 expansions id state its not a ridiculous ask...and the amount of people that have them maxed out shows its really not that difficult to do especially at 115, blowing through those older zones hunters isnt all that bad at all...plus id venture a guess you haven't started or maxed your artisans prize yet based on this thread...so you could double down and use this opportunity to farm the materials from those zones needed for that as well and get the double win!
  13. Mintalie Augur

Find a friend with excess time on their hands who are familiar with the PoP progression and pay them to do it for you. That's what I did. Best kronos ever spent.
  14. Nadisia Augur

Small info (and spoiler, but this forum doesn't have a special spoiler tag):
    For groupers, fully evolved TBL gloves and boots are still better than T3 CoV group armor. (HEM and heroics)

(checked for my SK main between plate Platinum Gem Studded Efreeti Boots and White Platinum Gem Studded Plate Gauntlets vs. SK CoV T3 Velium Thread Soulrender Boots and Gloves)

I don't know for raiders (I'm now a filthy grouper and don't raid anymore :p ), but for groupers, TBL evolving items seem to keep the lead.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

LOL be thankful its not norratian slayer achievement pop is a walk in the park compared to that one.

Andarriel
    Funky, Ssdar, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  16. Astral64 Augur

This guy hunters.
    Funky and Sindace like this.
  17. Nadisia Augur

Sorry, but no thanks, I'm not a masochist ;)
  18. Bazuker New Member

I agree, I have beta and saw T3 group gear stats in there. I meant the next [after CoV] expansion, next year expansion. I was not clear on that.
    Also, I am not a raider, I enjoy getting through group content. And spending 2-3-4 weeks in PoP just for 1 item to evolve is simply not funny for me. I got other 3 items evolved and gloves are just stored in the bank.
    Nadisia likes this.
  19. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I understand your frustration but I'm not one that I would ask for the best gloves in the game to be made easier to evolve.

I don't own a pair of gloves (wearing TOV T3 instead) and I wouldn't loot them if they dropped in the once a month or so someone asks me to shaman punt a fight fire. I'd give them away in guild chat first and then general chat before I looted them myself. I HATE to camp things and doing hunters for the TOV earring just about killed me.
  20. Sindace Elder

Evolved gloves are over 11k hp w/o a powersource equipped (over 12.5 w/ one). Would be pretty tough for group game gear to catch them anytime soon. In terms of hunters, PoP is one of the easiest of any expansion out there. Other people probably need it too.