PREORDERS ARE UP!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KermittheFroglok, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Zunnoab Augur

I finally looked at the Evantil house and I was shocked how big it is. You can basically construct a mansion with construction pieces in there (and edit exported layout data to make the pieces line up properly on import). Some of those pieces are big enough it "only" takes about 10 of them to make a floor in the upper portion.

That's a good idea either way since that house exists. I have no idea how it compares in size to the others.
  2. Captain Video Augur

They have not been consistent over the last few years in unlocking the second expansion back when a new expansion launches. At one point we had four expansions still locked on Live servers. I have not yet seen it posted anywhere that TBL will unlock for F2P or TLP players who haven't yet purchased. Given that there has been a recent change in producers, it would probably be nice if there was an actual official clarification.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

I doubt there ever will be "clarification", from a business perspective its a lever they should keep available. It basically comes down to the cost/benefit of entitling everyone an older expansion for free.

If response to the current expansion sales is poor, it makes sense to keep some more older content behind a paywall to reinforce the value proposition of buying the newest expansion bundled with those older expansions. If expansion sales are good but other players not staying current are dropping because they're running out of stuff to do, it might make more sense to give everyone another expansion or two for free in the interest of keeping their subscription revenue.

Some DBG finance guru's probably talk with the DPG managers to figure out when to give everyone else access to another access.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Tired of illusions and mounts why cant they come up something cool for housing. If they had a igloo housing and put it on collectors i would snag it up as it is right now im not sure what i want to buy maybe just the basic expansion atm i currently have Evantil's adobe which is pretty cool and real huge inside just wish they would put some effort in housing once in awhile as its been a long time.

Andarriel
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

6. Zamiam Augur

makes sense , that the gift tickets would become available after the F&F purchase after the 72hour hold , however you still only get access to ToV and beta until expansion launches sometime in Dec(?) not sure but im guessing the gift CoV does not include the pre-order bonus of the XP pot sense it was given with the F&F purchase..

btw that link https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gift-claws-of-veeshan-expansion-ticket-refers-to-tov.271031 copy & paste ftw :p