Empires of Kunark, mini-guide

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Quick and dirty Empires guide is done for the dozen or so folks left on Selo ;)

https://www.raspersrealm.com/Everquest/EoK/index.html

Progression outline for group and raids with key words and quest givers (and magelo links to locate them).
    Rare mob lists for each zone with loot table (and magelo links to find them).
    Raid list with requirements and loot tables.
    Gear summary page with Tier 1, 2, and raid drops.
    Chase item list.
    HoodenShuklak, Starr, Duality and 3 others like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Good stuff.

Just a note to those of you going into EoK for the first time... There are green sarnaks that have two AEs that will wipe your group if you are not ready for it. In order to negate these AEs you can complete the Methods of Sarnak Destruction task. You basically have to do all of the partisan tasks in every zone plus some mercenary tasks. Raiders should have no issue because they have to do this anyway. Non-raiders, though, might be tempted to skip this. That is potentially a mistake. I skipped doing the group progression in EoK because I couldn't see any payoff. I avoided the green sarnaks (they are on a different faction) and that worked out fine... I thought. Now I get to Ring of Scale and find out that these same green sarnaks with their AEs are also used in the RoS zones.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I'm not tlp but I am going to use this:D
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yeah, so when people talk about parts of modern eq being bad this sums it up.
    ForumBoss and Accipiter like this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Ain't that the truth.
  6. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Updated progression page with the specifics for that task since it is so important. Thanks for the heads up.
  7. Duality Augur

Much appreciated for keeping it going. Nice to have an alternative to EQR.
  8. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

The expansion unlocks tonight so bring this back up.
  9. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Good luck / have fun Selos!
  10. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Ha! So that's what that was. I was working on my hunter achievements there and just thought I ran into a named mob that was way too powerful for my group.
  11. Machen New Member

If only live players had warned us about this precise issue 3 years ago.........
    Accipiter likes this.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

If only I had A) been reading Veteran's Lounge regularly back then and B) remembered what I had read, I might have done it differently. :)
  13. Pikollo Augur

Thank you Rasper! Donation sent. Hope you keep it going!