CoV Chase Weapon Drops?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Has anyone on CoV Beta seen ultra rare chase drops - specifically weapon drops for this expansion?
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You realize that beta just started, right?

Post this in the beta forums anyway.
    Celephane likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. Itemization is usually far in by Beta launch. (Previously, I could see itemization on raw files presented by EQResource).

2. Not all players have access to Beta & Beta forums (did not pre-order yet).

3. Beta forums are usually reserved for tangible feedback (not speculation, philosophy, etc).

4. This information can benefit all players. People in the market (for Ice Encrusted loot or CoV chase loot) are more informed about pricing. While raid loot was abundant during ToV, the transition between two expansions often dramatically shifts chase loot prices. (I'd rather be honest in my pricing whether selling or buying).

Edit: If you are worried about spoilers, I have not asked for details beyond if these items exist.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. Monkman Augur

So far there are no new chase items, if they follow the eok/ros model then Ice Encrusted items will continue to drop in COV zones
    Benito likes this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

With all the difficulties they've had in 2020 with EQ, they really should just have the same drops from ToV drop in CoV. It would be upsetting if time constraints for more important things get in the way for launch because Krono sales were deemed too important. That's all chase raid loot is. Krono sales.
    Xyphen and Benito like this.
  6. Slasher Augur

I asked he said close to zero percent chance COV has ultra rare items added.
    Benito likes this.
  7. Dibab Augur

Beta forums are for just that. Beta.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. Chase loot status involves the Live game.

2. My understanding is that Beta forums are geared more towards tangible feedback such as balance and bug reports. This kind of thread there might generate unnecessary clutter and drama (philosophical differences on chase loot).
  9. MageGuy MageGuy

Yep. And is partly the reason this game still exists.
  10. OldCa61 Augur

I am wearing full ice encrusted. It's perfect for those of us who aren't in an active guild or can't spend the tons of hours it takes to raid because of RL issues. As a bonus, I can unattune and hand down to my family members when they lvl up. I've never spent more than 3 kr and in some cases much less to acquire all my pieces. Here's hoping they have something for each class that is worthwhile. Maybe Snow Dusted ??? lol Happy Hunting !!!
  11. Tappin Augur

Just a bad attitude to have. The drop loot in CoV is better, in most cases, than ToV chase loot. These effectively makes chase loot pet toys. If they want to make chase loot once every other expansion, the current chase loot should be the same as ToV T1 raid. They are simply creating more work for themselves.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Does the chase loot actually work as pet gear? I know pets reject a lot of items.
  13. Grove Augur

Let's hear more about this. Are crafted pieces as group gear no longer the best?