Preorder Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Winnowyl, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I know it's supposed to charge immediately when you purchase the expansion. Here's hoping I remember that into next year.

So, I purchased one of each of the non-friends and family expansion. My bank showed the funds on hold. This is what I normally see from my monthly sub. Okay. I look today... the money hasn't come out and it's not showing as a pending transaction. I'm logged into beta right now. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. KermittheFroglok Augur

Sounds like a banking/billing side issue, not something you can control but it wouldn't hurt to proactively ask your bank to make sure they didn't reject the charges as fraudulent (although from my experience that happens during checkout). I wouldn't worry unless you get a flagged for a chargeback ban. In which case I'd just explain that you didn't contest the charge and that you want DBG's billing service to try rerunning it.

But again, it wouldn't hurt to ask your bank's customer service why you don't see the purchase in you balance activity yet.
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I asked my bank, as suggested. They said they have a 2 part system for this type of thing. *shrug* But it sounds like they did the first step, but the bank only holds the money for 48 hours, then they have to release the hold. So, I'm guessing that's what happened. Nice bank help lady said it might wait til the xpac drops, or they might put another hold on it and finish the process later. Seriously makes me want to pay with Pay-Pal or something.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure what you think it wrong? You get immediate access to Beta - which you said your logged into.

Many times my charges go from pending to just hanging but they straighten out after 3 or 4 days.

And since the family and friends is usually not available until launch date that will not be available yet.

Give it a few days and it should be fine. I do not see EQ letting you into beta without getting your money:D
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I do have access to beta; on two accounts. I haven't tried the third, but it probably does too. It's just that I went from having the funds on hold to them disappearing that freaked me out. I mean, I expect they're going to take their money - but I didn't want the fact that it disappeared from my bank without actually taking the money to end up getting me a charge-back ban, when I did nothing of the sort. =)