LAGGGGGG!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sheebea, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Sheebea Augur

Zoning takes forever. Thought my comp was hanging up. Others online say the same. What up?? Ping looks good
    Ceiteag likes this.
  2. Nadisia Augur

What server ?
    On Vox atm, everything seems fine.
    Already done a couple of zonings (PoK -> PoT -> Stratos -> FightFire mission and back to PoK) and it was ok.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

The cross-server channels being down for weeks concerns me far more greatly.

But yes, lag is bad. The raid tool is a good measure of the lag. Raid tool commands are delayed proportionately to how badly thing are lagging at the moment, I believe.
  4. Nadisia Augur

About the lag, and general server performance in general, in producer's letter, say said :
    And since the patch, I don't know if it's a coincidence, or if they really changed something server side, but this morning, I was in ToV Great Divide, with 46 people in the zone (including our group of 6, no merc), and the zone was way less laggy than usual.

The coldains for instance were not rubber banding stupidly anymore like it was since the ToV expansion release with 40+ people in a zone.

So maybe pure luck, I don't know, but if it's due to some improvement made server side, it's nice, and noticeable ;)
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Cross-server channels are still down. I assume that's everyone?
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

It is for me. Has anyone at DPG even commented on this? I'm feeling lazy today and I didn't check myself. I hope it doesn't become another thing that once worked and then went...POOF!
  7. Vanrau Augur

I'm guessing those that are lagging are playing on xegony?
  8. Nadisia Augur

For cross-server messages, I don't use it myself, but I've seen a cross-server message lately from a Luclin player selling PL , crystallized velium ores, etc, so the service should work.
    (I'm on Vox)
  9. Zamiam Augur

I do not understand why people from other servers advertise on other servers for PLvling .. if i want a PL im looking for it on my server not on a different one .. not gonna spend 25 bucks for a transfer token to go there PL then wait however long is req before i can then buy another transfer token for another $25 to transfer back to my server..

I was wanting a PL about a month ago or so and this guy was advertising it so gave him a tell and he responds that he doesnt do the PL on this server but on another server ..I was like (thinking to myself) then WTF are you advertising on our server for you numnuts..
    Tatanka and Nadisia like this.
  10. Cven Journeyman

FV taking 10+ minutes to zone.
    Ceiteag likes this.
  11. Phynster2 Journeyman

I've been zoning into Eastern Wastes since 12am EST, its now 12:33am and I'm still not zoned, and yet my other 2 accounts haven't been kicked. One is waiting to fellowship still, click that 10 minutes ago, and the other is still sitting in EW. Still talking in guild chat, and although there is 2 - 4 minute lag, also in general chat on the same toon i'm still waiting for the fellowship portal to open on.
  12. JolineSZ Augur

I have huge problem with zoning times since the patch before last. Zoning takes ages. Totaly random which zone. I am on AB server.
  13. Evertrek Augur

funny i posted to this same topic on the WoW tech support forum last night. WoW on many servers is also experiencing strange lag. looting and quest accept/turn-in lag. to almost an unplayable level at times. been going on for a few days now. latency is normal yet huge lag delays when we loot, quest....
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Could be a datacenter issue, the one EQ is now located at gets a lot of traffic.
  15. Chorus Augur

My problems with it the past 3-4 weeks appears to be related to my ISP. I swapped over to my mobile hotspot and the problems instantly went away. Makes me wonder if there's a backbone router down in the midwest again or something.
    Leerah likes this.
  16. JolineSZ Augur

There is no lag at all in zones or during raids for me. Ping is ok. Just zoning is a problem. It take already a long time before the blue bar with loading zone files appears, then again a long time between this and the second blue bar message. Sometimes it looks like a crash. You see the message on screen and nothing happens at all and then suddenly after several minutes it starts loading.
  17. Cven Journeyman

I am still having issues, as are other guildies. If its not impacting everyone, it might be locations of the US having issues. Myself and one other person having issues are in the southeast US.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If chat channels are lagging for you, please go and "Like" the first post in this thread to get Darkpaw to prioritize fixing it.

Chat Channels Continuing to Lag
    Leerah likes this.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea on fv today was taking forever to zone. Its not just zoning though everything is like in slow motion like starting a trader evening doing a ignore takes way to long.

Andarriel
    Ceiteag likes this.
  20. Tutankamen Augur

I posted something about it yesterday not a person followed up on my thread. It's insane- I know it's not me because everyone I've talked to is experiencing the same thing. Sending someone a tell may as well be relaying a message to someone on Mars as long as it takes to go through. Zoning takes, like someone said, 10 minutes. This is a serious performance issue that should be addressed by a Dev.