Aradune Vellious Launch and Hate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sterling-Silverfox, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I was wondering if plane of hate will revamp with the launch of Vellious? Is this a automatic change? I would like to spend some time in hate to get the Vellious armor from the Knights but did not want to waste my time if they do not drop. Also will the mobs in hate have the regular spawn time, i think it was around 18mins.
  2. Febb Augur

I don't think the zone will depop and repop with all the new mobs and loot tables. Most likely you'll need to clear out mobs for the new loot tables to take affect.
  3. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

I was hoping to get some type of clarification from Dreamweaver.
  4. Fizon Elder

Lol the devs usually have no idea how old stuff works on tlps asking a lot from the pr rep.
    Pumpernickel likes this.
  5. That0neguy Augur

I think it depends on how its set up. If the revamp is a new zone in itself then it will have the new mobs. If they reused the same zone and just repopulate it with different mobs then it usually takes a server reset to pop the new mobs or someone going in and clearing everything.
  6. Kodachi Augur

Hate is weird and broken. You don't even get full velious hate loot table. The armor may drop, but I went up there a bit to farm shield of the immaculate and other such stuff and we would kill some tier 2 mobs just to see if we could get armor to drop and never once did we get a piece of armor.
  7. Mrjon3s Augur

I thought hate didnt revamp till LoY.
  8. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

it revamps in Vellious. They added gear there so tunare worshipers could get similar armor that drops in growth
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The plan of fear will update with Velious.
    It will re-pop within a few minutes of the global variable update that designates that Velious is unlocked\
    And sorry, I'm not looking up the re-pop time at this time, so I don't have an answer to that part.
    Goburs, Skuz and Thewiz like this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Who's gonna tell him?
    Pumpernickel and Bardy McFly like this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

There is 2 different Hate "revamps"
    First during Velious Tunare worshipers are supposed to get PoG equivalent items like https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5350 off the tier 2 mobs. I don't think this is correctly implemented on TLPs

Second is the later revamp that comes with LDoN in which the whole zone changes into more of a normal XP zone and Inny is revamped.
  12. That0neguy Augur

Should we start the threads now saying it hasnt re pop'd with the new mobs?
  13. Sterling-Silverfox Elder

Thanks for the reply. At no point did i ask about fear though. Could you answer my question about hate?
  14. Bard2019 Elder

I realize you want an answer from a developer, which I'm not, but I can confirm that on every previous TLP, the Plane of Hate did not get the "1.5" revamp where the Tier 2 mobs dropped armor. PoH did not get changed until the 2.0 update happens sometime after Shadows of Luclin. It would certainly be nice if they would consider turning on 1.5 update.
  15. Aegir Augur

For what it's worth, It's already the 2 year anniversary revamp from TLP Launch. The loot tables on the knights just doesn't get updated until 2.0. You can still do some of the PoG quests related to Plane of Hate though, I'm pretty sure I saw Corrupter of Life etc. up in Hate during Velious.

I remember for a very brief moment, they (Or their script) tried to update the Zone during Velious on Phinigel, but instead, updated it to latest revamp and reversed it again. I guess they never came back to fix it.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I went looking for wat changes in Velious, not hateplaneB

hateplaneB changes at LDoN
  17. Dooby dooby doo Elder

New armor should start dropping in hate either velious or luclin. It's not a revamp to the zone. The tier2 mobs just start dropping gear they didn't before.

New armor definitely will start dropping off mobs who currently only drop gems. But the question the OP is wondering about is if the armor starts dropping right away or if the zone needs to be repopped or a certain amount of time to pass.

I assume the new items are just tagged velious or luclin and will have chances to drop after that expansion turns on.
  18. Coletricklw Journeyman

You are 100% wrong. I farmed a full set of the Paladin gear in Hate in Velious on Mangler. My druid and ranger also got many of the armor drops. The 1.5 loot most definitely goes into effect. None of the mobs change, just the loot table.

It was rare, not like regular Hate armor. I have spent a ton of time in all versions of Hate because it is my favorite zone. The 2.0 revamp doesn't come until LDoN.
  19. Coletricklw Journeyman

To prove my point: Velious launched on Mangerl on 8/28 and Luclin launched on 11/20. My log is broken into a couple portions and it looks like the one I loaded up missed the opening six weeks, but here's related lines I found for the Paladin armor BEFORE Luclin launch.

[Mon Oct 07 03:11:46 2019] Hue Arborleaf told you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the Greaves of the Righteous.'
    [Mon Oct 07 03:12:04 2019] You successfully destroyed 1 Greaves of the Righteous.
    [Fri Oct 11 11:14:08 2019] A Boots of the Righteous was given to you.
    [Fri Oct 11 11:14:10 2019] --You have looted a Boots of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--
    [Fri Oct 11 11:22:30 2019] --XXXleft a Boots of the Righteous on a Knight of Innoruuk.--
    [Tue Oct 29 10:45:29 2019] --XXXleft a Gauntlets of the Righteous on a Knight of Innoruuk.--
    [Sat Nov 02 23:35:29 2019] Hue Arborleaf told you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the Breastplate of the Righteous.'
    [Sun Nov 10 22:15:47 2019] Hue Arborleaf told you, 'I'll give you absolutely nothing for the Breastplate of the Righteous.'
    [Mon Nov 11 23:32:24 2019] Taris tells Paladin:2, 'wts Breastplate of the Righteous LR 1krono'
    [Tue Nov 12 01:48:20 2019] Mafakka tells Paladin:2, 'rotting Plane of Hate DZ Gauntlets of the Righteous'
    [Sat Nov 16 00:56:26 2019] A Gauntlets of the Righteous was given to you.
    [Sat Nov 16 00:56:30 2019] --You have looted a Gauntlets of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--
    [Sat Nov 16 02:39:45 2019] You tell Paladin:2, 'Any paladins interested in buying this? Breastplate of the Righteous plane of hate dz, can coth'
    [Sat Nov 16 02:40:26 2019] You told zayphod, 'Can Rivalry use Breastplate of the Righteous?'
    [Sat Nov 16 02:43:57 2019] You say to your guild, 'okay, good. Breastplate of the Righteous dropped for rivalry :)'
    [Sat Nov 16 02:48:37 2019] A Breastplate of the Righteous was given to Rivalry.
    [Sat Nov 16 02:49:02 2019] --Rivalry has looted a Breastplate of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--
    [Sat Nov 16 02:49:39 2019] Rivalry tells the guild, 'XXX goes boss mode all over again ... upgrading Stonewood Mail in to Breastplate of the Righteous'
  20. Coletricklw Journeyman

And now I found the first part of the log. As you can see, it was at worst being updated two days after Velious launch, but I'm pretty certain I went in the first night and got some crap drop that didn't previously drop. Hopefully this settles any discussion about when and if the revamp comes in.

[Fri Aug 30 13:44:39 2019] A Greaves of the Righteous was given to you.
    [Fri Aug 30 13:44:42 2019] --You have looted a Greaves of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--
    [Fri Aug 30 13:46:10 2019] You tell Paladin:2, 'yay hate drops: Greaves of the Righteous'
    [Wed Sep 04 10:14:27 2019] You tell Paladin:1, 'there's pog/thurg equivalent drops for paladin armor. Greaves of the Righteous'
    [Thu Sep 05 23:08:31 2019] XXX-> Gallantry: equivalent to thurg gear. Greaves of the Righteous but the stats aren't quite the same so you could mix and match
    [Fri Sep 06 01:03:13 2019] A Bracer of the Righteous was given to you.
    [Fri Sep 06 01:03:15 2019] --You have looted a Bracer of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--
    [Thu Sep 12 22:40:18 2019] You tell Paladin:2, 'Greaves of the Righteous, Bracer of the Righteous'
    [Sat Sep 14 17:50:31 2019] XXX -> Fargagar: Silvery Belt of Contention Bracer of the Righteous Platinum Fire Wedding Ring Valorium Gauntlets
    [Sat Sep 14 17:50:44 2019] XXXX -> Fargagar: Runed Protector's Bracer Greaves of the Righteous Boots of Ro Defender of the Faithful Heart
    [Fri Sep 20 10:50:40 2019] A Vambraces of the Righteous was given to you.
    [Fri Sep 20 10:50:43 2019] --You have looted a Vambraces of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--
    [Fri Sep 20 13:40:57 2019] A Breastplate of the Righteous was given to you.
    [Fri Sep 20 13:41:00 2019] --You have looted a Breastplate of the Righteous from a Knight of Innoruuk's corpse.--