4k eq (stretched)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Griril Wieldheart, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Griril Wieldheart New Member

so far max eq1 resolution 1600 X 1200

however a stretch to 4k windowed would be nice ie 4k monitor is 28 inches,

ie 1080P but scaled to 4k ie for the big ginormous tv's or etc.
    sometimes the desk chair starts to bite like Innoruuk' gift of an Iron maiden
    sure might blow things up a touch to be readable.

i've also SEEN AI applied to remakes to redraw in upscaled resolution to art assets. might be a road forward...

you could set the lower default resolution/s and output scaling ie 4k monitor or larger TV's as monitors.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a bug, and the graphics engine likely cannot handle it, it's still on DirectX 9. I play Windowed at 2560 x 1440, and there's a 4k custom UI so that's not max resolution. If you cannot get EQ resolution any bigger its maybe an issue with your graphics driver or the video connection to your monitor (or monitor resolution support). If you want to discuss it's better suited for the other forums.
  3. Sinzz-Rizlona New Member

i play on a 43" monitor at 4k rez i typically have to enlarge by 200% and it works fine i enlarge in windows 10 display settings
  4. Sinzz-Rizlona New Member

if you cannot achieve 4 k and you have a card you know supports it it is most likely the hdmi cable is a older cable not capable
  5. Zinth Augur

not sure if it still work but try using "viewport" ingame and make the view "smaller" so you don't have any gameview under the UI
  6. Griril Wieldheart New Member

no i realize , not trying to small the game , just as a wishlist , NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
    can handle eq2 at 4k
    though i have to do in game text zooming pc monitor is 4k rtx

just bumping window to 3840 X 2160 +/- and zooming background game resolution 1600 X 1200 +/- ie in stretched would be a nicety . pc is newer card than laptop . laptop only dose 1080 , Desktop 4k main screen .

I'm rather nearsighted as is so while i can drop main window res down. it would be nice to have more room for ui and more screen room for eq1 ie Widescreen etc.

just blow up window view to 4k size but not mess to much with resolution , ie adjustable180%-250% zoom would be a plus. relocate some the UI bits to less obstructive views . not much in actual real real background game resolution , however the ability to zoom after ui bits and or stretch to format to fit 4k is more a Feature wishlist. ITEM
    and hopefully in time added. if one had streaming to a big living room on huge 4k from sofa since office chairs start to dig back a bit.. one could stream over to a steam box or etc if the chiar starting to kill your back. one could tweak zoom to make ui and or chat ez to read from sofa... also a nice to have.

Granted Dx12 or other AI tools could uprender the game to more modern textures etc.
    thats another Raxil Fish to fry ... for devs latter.

@ windowed 1600 X 1200 good for boxing accounts I guess , if that's your speal..

[IMG]

could have just a tad more room for UI BITS but .. similar to eq2 However need to edit text zoom w size in eq2 while i can upsize text in some cases some the window elements are bit smaller to my like. but overall hotbars that fit

@3840 X 2160 [IMG]
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

EQ1 handles 4k, nothing needs to be zoomed or stretched.

[IMG]